Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2011.

The interview process was a bit over the place. On the day of the onsite interview, they did not have a room I could interview in and they had me moving all around the office. However, interviewers were good.

They called me the next week and extended me the offer. Two weeks after that, they just called and withdrew the offer which was extremely surprising. The reason given me to was that they had found someone else.

They are a mid sized company but behaved in an extremely unprofessional and an unethical manner.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Development in January 2011.

Logical test follwd by a Common intw session

Interview Questions
    • A logical question from problem solving book   View Answer

Got a bettr offer

Development Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Development in April 2009.

Contacted by the recruiter who setup interviews with too many people all asking the same standard generic and technical questions without any idea of what I was being considered/hired for. Either way I was asked to describe my logic when writing code for a hypothetical feature. The entire process was poorly managed with a focus on quantity vs quality. Never heard back from the recruiter after all the interviews. No feedback or closure. Very unprofessional. I believe that the recruiting style reflects the company's culture and what you will experience after you join the company. In this case a poor recruiting style was a red flag I couldn't ignore. Don't waste your time taking calls from Charles River. I sense the company is in bad shape as evidenced by the recruiting process and all the interviewers who by the way seemed pretty bored with their day jobs. Plus, all the negative employee reviews seem to be more or less spot on based on my interaction with the technical team there.

Interview Questions

Unprofessional and rigid company culture.

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2010.

Company recruiter contacted me and asked me if I want to be interviewed for their openings. I had not heard about the firm so I said I will see. He contacted me after few days and asked again, I said yes. He set up phone interview with QA director who interviewed me for 30 mins. Then he wanted another phone interview with automation eng. He interviewd for 30 mins and cleared. Then recruiter set up in person interview. He was wondering if I would be interested to come down to office looks like lot of other candidates even rejected the interview process. I now get why.

They really have a flawed interview process. It takes a whole frigging day. They asked me to come at 8 and none of them were in yet. I waited for 30 mins and the interviewer came then.

They make you interviewed by all their staff members. I had 6 people interview me and the funny part is none of them ask a valid question. They just asked questions like how many were in your previous teams. How many QA how many dev and such things. Also all of them repeated the same questions. They called me for automation engineer position and they dint ask even 1 technical question. After all this there is a stupid logical test consisting of multiple choice puzzles. Who will give this kinda tests for 5-6 yrs experienced professionals?

I dont mind if I dont get the offer if they have validated me well and rejected me. But through the interview that they did, I dont think they can even reject anyone. Also after wasting my whole day, they dont even have the courtesy to get back to me with the interview results. Please dont go here for the interview. Its waste of time.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Charles River Development in September 2010.

I was contacted by the recruiter for development group. She was very knowledgeable about the company and the engineering teams. She was quick in scheduling a technical phone screen with one of the developers.

The phone screen was tough and required alot of memorization that I was not prepared for but I guess I was able to get my points across. I was invited in for an interview.

The interview day was fairly long (approx. 5 hours) but I had been prepared for this by the recruiter. One of the team members took me to lunch. The interviews were very challenging and asked me to show examples on the white board. I liked this. You could tell the interviewers were very good engineers. I liked this too. Again, I was asked some memorization type questions but I was given an opportunity to expand on my answers and also ask my own questions.

In the end I was not offered the job because I was told I lacked the SQL skills required for the position. It was a good learning experience for me. The recruiter was quick to give me the decision (nice change from other companies) and some feedback. Overall it was a positive experience. I would have liked to have been offered a job working with those people.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charles River Development in July 2010.

I had a interview with the HR rep which lead to a phone interview with hiring manager. I was then flown in for a face to face interview to meet with the hiring manager and department lead.

User Experience/Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Charles River Development in April 2010.

Spoke with an in-house recruiter initially, who was informative & pleasant. It was apparent he worked within the financial market sector, as there was a lot of information about company performance and profitability that I suspect many Market Analysts appreciate. That gave me a hint at the intensity of the corporate climate.

After that, had about a 30 min phone screen with the VP of Dev, who was not as pleasant. This person was primarily interested in the software that I use to perform my job. Although these questions were easy to answer, he did not give me any time to describe *what* I do, or how I put those tools to use.

When I asked a question about what the needs/goals of the company were for this department or position, it seemed to throw the interview further off. Perhaps there simply wasn't time for a two way conversation. This was a rapid Q&A session that might have been most efficiently handled via online screener / questionnaire.

Corporate Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles River Development in March 2010.

I applied on the company's website and was contacted maybe a month later. I then had a phone interview and was invited back to the office. I thought the interview went well, but I didn't get the offer. The whole process was extremely casual and the interviewer was more interested in the questions you could ask and how your mind works than in asking you questions.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Development in March 2010.

As it was an interview for an internship, the process was fairly easy. No difficult questions, just talked about the resume.

Implmentation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Charles River Development in May 2009.

I was contacted by a recruiter about an opportunity in Brazil. The initial conversation was throught email and chat, then got an phone interview. In the meanwhile, the recruiter just vanished! Extremelly unprofessional and rude! It was really a shame. I won't never give attention to these guys!