Charles River Development

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charles River Development in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter for development group. She was very knowledgeable about the company and the engineering teams. She was quick in scheduling a technical phone screen with one of the developers.

The phone screen was tough and required alot of memorization that I was not prepared for but I guess I was able to get my points across. I was invited in for an interview.

The interview day was fairly long (approx. 5 hours) but I had been prepared for this by the recruiter. One of the team members took me to lunch. The interviews were very challenging and asked me to show examples on the white board. I liked this. You could tell the interviewers were very good engineers. I liked this too. Again, I was asked some memorization type questions but I was given an opportunity to expand on my answers and also ask my own questions.

In the end I was not offered the job because I was told I lacked the SQL skills required for the position. It was a good learning experience for me. The recruiter was quick to give me the decision (nice change from other companies) and some feedback. Overall it was a positive experience. I would have liked to have been offered a job working with those people.

Interview Questions

Worked for Charles River Development? Contribute to the Community!