Charles River Development Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Spoke to them at a campus event. They got back to me within a few days of speaking to them. Interview process was of one on campus interview at their headquarters. About a 2-3 hour long process, but fairly straight forward. Data structures, algorithms, linked lists were some of the topics. Also spend a portion going over my resume. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Charles River Development

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

The worst interview experience I had in my life. I am a student at a liberal arts college, and I talked to the recruiter at a career fair at a state university within the consortium. The recruiter took a look at my resume, took it back and emailed me the next day asking me if I can do an onsite interview and I said yes. And the next day she called me and asked if I have ever taken a class outside of my college, so I told her my study abroad experience and she said she would send me a confirmation letter very soon. I waited till the day before my onsite interview to get her reply as:" Our intern program primarily focuses on top 100 computer science schools... After discussing with our director of engineering we will be unable to continue the interview process with you." I felt terrible about myself after getting this email because I had to stay up for several days so that I could get my things done to commute to the company the next day. My school has a growing computer science department, it is small but people here are smart and they get into really awesome big tech companies. I would have been very depressed if I did not get accepted by a big company on the same day.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development in November 2013.

Interview

I reached the recruiter in CRD, and she matched me between teams. I got a phone screen with the team leader and we talked a lot about my previous experience. Then the leader asked me questions in the middle about the knowledge I used.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

I contacted a corporate recruiter at CRD through LinkedIn. After the initial conversation she was able to quickly set up a phone screening with a software engineer the group I was applying to. The phone screening questions were tough but relevant to the job description.

After the phone screening CRD set up an interview in their offices with several other software engineers and managers. A lot of technical (software related) and a few statistics questions. Logical reasoning test at the end. All of the people I interacted with (HR, engineers, managers) were very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

My company went out of business very suddenly and I panicked a bit and submitted my resume to way too many companies. At some point had three offers. Decided to choose another company based on my long term career goals and skill set being better aligned with the other position but CRD's offer and benefits were very competitive. Would definitely consider the company in my next job search.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Charles River Development in February 2012.

Interview Questions

• lot of questions from databases - join, trigger, index, deadlocks, normalization, query optimization, difference between truncate and delete   Answer Question