Charles River Development

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2013.

Interview Details – I reached the recruiter in CRD, and she matched me between teams. I got a phone screen with the team leader and we talked a lot about my previous experience. Then the leader asked me questions in the middle about the knowledge I used.

Interview Question – difference between mutex and semaphore   Answer Question

Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2012.

Interview Details – I contacted a corporate recruiter at CRD through LinkedIn. After the initial conversation she was able to quickly set up a phone screening with a software engineer the group I was applying to. The phone screening questions were tough but relevant to the job description.

After the phone screening CRD set up an interview in their offices with several other software engineers and managers. A lot of technical (software related) and a few statistics questions. Logical reasoning test at the end. All of the people I interacted with (HR, engineers, managers) were very nice and friendly.

Interview Question – Statistics questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My company went out of business very suddenly and I panicked a bit and submitted my resume to way too many companies. At some point had three offers. Decided to choose another company based on my long term career goals and skill set being better aligned with the other position but CRD's offer and benefits were very competitive. Would definitely consider the company in my next job search.

Software Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Development in February 2012.

Interview Details –

Interview Question – lot of questions from databases - join, trigger, index, deadlocks, normalization, query optimization, difference between truncate and delete   Answer Question

Worked for Charles River Development? Contribute to the Community!