Charles River Laboratories

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientific Coordinator Interview

Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles River Laboratories.

Interview Details – Really professional interview process. They were always on time and communicated effectively in terms of setting up interviews. Initially was contacted by HR for an interview, it consisted of a panel of 3 people that were very friendly and personable. Asked basic interview questions such as strengths, weaknesses, why this company. Second interview was also a panel of 3 and focused more on the position requirements. Interviews were about a week apart.

Interview Question – Questions asked: How you feel about animal testing? How do you feel about working in a team?   Answer Question

Research Technician Assistant Interview

Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Charles River Laboratories in January 2012.

Interview Details – There's no phone interview; only a panel interview. Most of time was actually used for explaining the work you would do. The panel included three people: an HR person, and two research technician assistants. They weren't intimidating at all.

Interview Question – One of questions asks how comfortable would you be coordinating with the higher ups. Last question was about your opinion on animal research.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Reno, NV

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Laboratories in August 2011.

Interview Details – I met with two groups of people. If memory serves, one group was more lab based and the other more paper-work based, although I'm not quite sure. Both groups were nice and suprisingly casual, that being said the experience was still intimidating. We went over my resume, future class schedule, and the typical interview questions ("tell us about a mistake you made and how you handled it." "Tell us about yourself" etc...).

Interview Question – You are lacking experience, why should we hire you?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Charles River Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charles River Laboratories interview questions and advice in Reno, NV. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Charles River Laboratories employees and interview candidates.