Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Charles River Laboratories
- Assistant Scientist (3)
- Analytical Tech (1)
- Aquatics Specialist (1)
- Internship (1)
- Internal Auditor (1)
- Microbiologist (1)
- Associate Scientist (1)
- Technologist (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Scientist (1)
- Senior Marketing Manager (1)
- Coordinator (1)
- Research Technician (1)
- Quality Auditor (1)
- Client Manager (1)
- Supervisor (1)
- Administrative Support Specialist III (1)
- Senior Associate, Clinical Trials (1)
- Scientific Coordinator (1)
- Animal Technologist (1)
- Research Technician Assistant (1)
- Technical and Customer Support Manager (1)
- Senior Technical Specialist, EMD (1)
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV).
Really professional interview process. They were always on time and communicated effectively in terms of setting up interviews. Initially was contacted by HR for an interview, it consisted of a panel of 3 people that were very friendly and personable. Asked basic interview questions such as strengths, weaknesses, why this company. Second interview was also a panel of 3 and focused more on the position requirements. Interviews were about a week apart.
- Questions asked: How you feel about animal testing? How do you feel about working in a team? Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days – interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV) in January 2012.
There's no phone interview; only a panel interview. Most of time was actually used for explaining the work you would do. The panel included three people: an HR person, and two research technician assistants. They weren't intimidating at all.
- One of questions asks how comfortable would you be coordinating with the higher ups. Last question was about your opinion on animal research. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV) in August 2011.
I met with two groups of people. If memory serves, one group was more lab based and the other more paper-work based, although I'm not quite sure. Both groups were nice and suprisingly casual, that being said the experience was still intimidating. We went over my resume, future class schedule, and the typical interview questions ("tell us about a mistake you made and how you handled it." "Tell us about yourself" etc...).
- You are lacking experience, why should we hire you? 1 Answer