Charles Schwab Interview Questions in Arizona

2.9

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2014.

Sent in a resume, had a minute call the next day, a weel later we had an hour long interview over the phone, then had to pass the SIFMA test and once I found out the results were good a day later I was scheduled to have a final interview with a couple of managers at the location.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a time where you had to fix a problem with a client and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Broker - Series 7 Licensed Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2014.

Applied through company website. Initially contacted through phone by screener to verify I was still interested in position. Very personable, seemed the main intent was to be sure I was a real person and could be understood on the phone (which is how all contact with customers is done). Screener then set up a phone interview with recruiter.

Recruiter called, verified basic information on application. Explained job duties and responsibilities, salary range. Upon further questioning, recruiter deemed that I was over qualified for the position. Was very helpful though and forwarded me a description of another opening that better fit my qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions had to do with past experience, not really STAR type questions, more of a general overview of myself.   Answer Question

Retirement Plan Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

The first step in the process is a phone interview that takes about 30 minutes. Afterward, you are invited to attend interviews on-premise. This process consists of 2 two-on-one interviews back-to-back with 4 of the department's managers.

Interview Questions
    • I don't particularly remember a particularly difficult question. Be prepared to discuss your employment history and reason for choosing Schwab. The rest of the interview consists of behavioral-based interview questions that usually begin with "Tell me about a time you..."   Answer Question

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2013.

Phone screening followed by phone interview. Focused on behavioral questions centered around customer service. Then an invitation to the office for the SIFMA assessment to evaluate the likelihood of passing the licensing exams. If you pass that you're invited back for an in person interview. That one is also all behavioral based questions centered on customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Multiple questions asking for specific experiences, how you handled them, and the outcome. So come prepared with multiple examples.   Answer Question

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2013.

Initial Phone interview: 5-10 min
    Phone Interview: 45min- 1hr
    Assessment
    In-Person Interview: 1 hour

Interview Questions
    • Pretty easy process...expect behavioral style questions, know a lot about Charles Schwab. Question asked describe a time when you met a person and it did not go well. what did you do to make the relationship better.   Answer Question

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

Non transparent the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you disagreed with your manager and how changed their opinion.   Answer Question
    Take it or leave it.

Client Banking Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in October 2012.

Submit your app online, get a call back within a week, 2 phone interviews and 1 final interview with 2 managers upon successful completion of first two phone interviews. Background check to pass but no substance testing... Be prepared to answer your typical interview questions and be ready to know a little bit about the company it's history and obviously the role for which you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had to work with a difficult co-worker and how you turned it around into a positive work experience for the both of you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation salary was a flat $34,000 with benefits which was fine with me

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

interviewed at Charles Schwab in October 2012.

The process included a brief screening interview, followed by a 30-minute phone interview by a HR/Talent recruiter. After the two phone interviews an in-person interview was scheduled with two managers. I was interviewed separately by each manger. The Employer called back and I was invited for a second in-person interview with a team member. After investing a lot of time in the interview process I received no follow up from Schwab. I emailed several times to the recruiter and was told that the talent department was checking on status and would get back to me. About one month later I received a boiler-plate email stating I had not been selected for the position. Communication was very poor after the interview process and disappointed in the lack of professional courtesy.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic and the STAR appraoch was used. Providing a narrative to a specific situation or task you had to accomplish.   Answer Question

Cost Basis Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Charles Schwab in October 2012.

This is a position that you get through a contracting company. Adecco is a temp hire company that interviews you first before you go on to interview with Charles Schwab managers. You usually sign a 7 to 9 month temp contract and may get hired at the end of that process. About 70% of Schwab hires come from temp positions.

Interview Questions
    • If they like you they will generally not ask too many questions.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase is with the contracting company.

Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

The process took approximately 1.5 months. I found out about the position through my university's career services. After applying via Schwab's website, they will send you a link to assess your personality. A week later, I received an e-mail from a coordinator to set up a brief (3-5 minutes) phone interview. She wanted to know what I knew about the company and position and why I was interested in applying. You will know if you'll move on to the next round of interview because they will asked you to schedule a 40-50 minutes interview immediately after. I interviewed with the company's recruiter the following week. Be sure to know all you can about the company and the position. I did research by looking at their website and what other people are saying about them. I also looked at how their customers are rating them and what kind of complaints they have about the company's services/products so I can formulate appropriate questions for the recruiter to show that I'm well prepared. Also, study your resume if you haven't already done so because you will be asked plenty of questions about your education and previous experience. KNOW HOW TO ANSWER BEHAVIORAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS (STAR method) and be prepared for follow-up questions. Have 2-3 questions to ask the recruiter! If you interview successfully, the recruiter will ask you to come into their office to take the SIFMA (a two part assessment which will gauge how likely you are to pass the Series 7/63 exams), which I did a week later. I was e-mailed a day later saying that I had passed. The recruiter called me the day after to set up an interview with 2 hiring managers. I interviewed the week after. I prepped by looking at the company's website (again), I Googled a SWOT analysis of Schwab to see what their strengths and weaknesses are so I am able to discuss the future direction of the company if necessary (this shows them that you are looking to work for them long-term even if you don't plan to). I met with a seasoned manager and a new manager who was promoted not long prior. They first asked me what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work with them. Then, for the next 30-45 minutes was spent on behavioral-style interview questions. They have a list of questions to pick from. Be sure to have specific examples "of a time when...." questions and what YOU did as a result. Always say "I" when answering these questions. Emphasize your ability to communicate and the love to help others as this is what they want in a potential employee. I turned the interview around by asking them questions about the company and position. A day later, the recruiter called to let me know that the managers would like to move onto the next process which is a background check. It takes about 5 business days. Everything checked out and I was offered the position.

I would recommend you go through all the Broker Trainee interviews posted on here and try to answer them as the majority were asked during the interviews. If you feel extra nervous about the interview, record yourself as if you were being interviewed. This will help you pick up any bad interview habits that you might not notice. Also, it will allow you to practice and assess yourself. Try being interviewed by friends, professor, or colleagues. The more prepared you are the better.

Interview Questions
    • Phone/Person: Why Schwab?

Phone/Person: What do you know about the company?

Phone: Name a time you had to go above and beyond to help a customer.

Phone: Tell me a little more about your [experience at the last company].

Person: Tell me about a time when you had to get a group to to cooperate with what you are doing. Tell me about a time when you had to get a group, outside of your own, to cooperate. Tell me about a time when you had to explain a technical term to someone who was not familiar with it. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.

SIFMA: I don't remember the exact questions, but be sure to study logic questions (multiple choice answers with a) necessarily true b) necessarily true but not false c) not enough info given [never the case] d) necessarily false but not true e) necessarily false) and financial-related math questions (stock split, return rates, rate comparisons, percentage, etc). Yes, you are required to add, subtract, multiply, and divide by hand. Approximately 26 logic questions (30 minutes given) and 27 math questions (1 hour given).
        View Answers (2)
    The offer was non-negotiable. It was made clear from your initial application that the salary is "take it or leave it."