Charles Schwab

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was very straightforward. First I applied online (I have a background in the industry and a Bachelor's degree in Finance) then I was contacted by HR for a phone interview just a few days after applying. After the phone interview I was contacted by the manager of the office for an in person interview. That part is important because it's crucial to make the connection with the person as they will be your future manager. The conversation with the manager lasted about an hour and then I met others in the office. After that I was contacted to complete my background check information (work experience, etc) and then I was contacted again to go into the office and meet the rest of the team. I was offered the position fairly quickly pending my background check, which I knew wouldn't be a problem but still took three weeks.

Interview Question – Behaviorial style questions for phone interview, asked me what types of news I read and how often and if I followed the stock market   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation- I was happy with the salary, overtime, and bonus potential

Associate Financial Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred to the hiring manager by a former colleague who already worked there. I called on the manager which led to a request that I apply and then the company recruiter contacted me. The initial interview was set up and conducted as a group with myself, the manager, and one other person. Interview was not a personality question type interview but a review of my skills, experiences and why I wanted to work at Schwab. There was a second group interview with the manager, myself and a different person whom I would be working with. This was also a discussion of what they were looking for and how my background seemed to fit from my perspective.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you dealt with a customer whom we failed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The hiring manager called me with an offer after my second interview. I took the details and noted I'd consider them. I phoned back the next day and noted the offer was inadequate and that prompted a somewhat negative response from the hiring manager. After ending the call, the manager called back and we hashed out a better salary which I agreed would end the negotiations.

Associate Financial Consultant

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Charles Schwab in September 2010.

Interview Details – Seemed like a standard phone interview. Recruiter focused on your moral goals of working with Schwab -- i.e., why you are applying, what you hope to gain from this position and why your current position is not fulfilling your wishes.

Interview Question – What are the 3 things you expect this position to provide you with?   Answer Question

Associate Financial Consultant

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview consisted of finding out what my past experience was in the investment industry. This was to assess where I might fit into the company. A 1:1 interview was set up for the next week. I met with the branch manager and the interview when well. Waited for a week before I was informed that they moved forward with an internal hire.

Interview Question – No questions seems difficult. They were straight forward and inquired about industry experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!