Charles Schwab

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in August 2013.

Applied online, took 3 weeks for interview. Position was paying below entry level wages in Orlando, FL complete waste of my time....

Interview Questions
  • All questions started with "tell me about a time when" and panel interviewers were writing down just about everything said....felt like a lab specimen...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab in August 2012.

They do not accept resumes. You must initially apply through their website. I got an automated response to fill out an evaluation questionnaire. This is just a bunch of psychological questions. A week or so later, I received an email from an actual person about scheduling a 5 minute phone interview. That interview was mostly questions about the position (making sure I knew what I was applying for). Immediately after the 5 minute interview I was told that I had passed, and to wait for an email.

The next interview was with a different person. It was a 40 minute phone interview. It took a few weeks for them to get around to actually scheduling it, and I thought they had changed their mind. Just keep checking your email, and they will eventually send you something.
    "Why do you want to work with Charles Schwab?"
    "Describe a time when you failed."
    "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
    "Why do you want to leave your current job?"
    and so on. No huge surprises. Just stay positive and flatter them.

After the second phone interview, I had to wait a few more weeks for a decision. I was then emailed by another person that I had passed, and they wanted to do an in-person interview with 2 hiring managers. Curtis Crawford was in charge of scheduling this interview, and if you are applying at the Phoenix branch, I suggest keeping your phone close at all times, because he is very hard to get a hold of when you call back. I eventually just showed up in person and had the secretary call him. This took care of it, and the final interview was scheduled.

In-person interview: All behavioral questions. So many behavioral questions. Just have some ideas for stories to tell. They have sheets with questions on them, but they can pick any questions off the list and also make up their own. If you're quick on your feet, no problem. At the end, there is time for you to ask questions of them. I suggest that you do, because they seemed to like that I did. A week or so after this interview, I got a call that I had passed, and pending a background and credit check, I would have the position.

Then I had to fill out an actual application and a background check form. This is where my problem came. In the application paperwork, it is made very clear that the company is not allowed to discriminate against sealed court cases, but they still want you to be open about them. I told them about a felony that I went to court for, plead guilty to (but was not convicted), and had sealed when I was 20 (7 years ago). I soon got an email and phone call about the sealed case. I answered a lot of questions about it, and was told they didn't need any more information. Then I immediately received an email explaining that they were not going to offer me the position. My references were not called, my past employers not contacted, nothing. I am frustrated that after months of waiting and interviewing, I ended up being discriminated against for something the company was legally not allowed to even consider. I would recommend to anyone with sealed court cases not mention them on your application.

All in all, it's not a hard interview process for someone with good storytelling abilities. It is very drawn out, and the behavioral questions get tiring.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you used creative reasoning to solve a problem with an upset client.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charles Schwab in September 2010.

I was first contacted by email by a recruiter and asked to do a phone interview the next day. I was available and scheduled the interview which turned out to be about 30 minutes. This apparently was a phone screen with the recruiter who then scheduled me for an in-person interview with two hiring managers one week later. This interview went well and was pretty standard: a quick review of employment history, bundle of behavioral interview questions, and time to ask questions about the company. I was told that I would be contacted within 48 hours which never happened.