Charles Schwab

3.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

Referred by a current employee. First interview, we went over my resume nothing crazy. Second interview was more intense, There was a skills test half math (financial math) half logic question cause i wasn't licensed to work in the industry yet. After The test i was interviewed by the branch manager, followed by the operations manager, followed by a financial consultant. The branch manager is the one who asked the harder questions. The ops and consultant were more to see if they liked you. Be yourself when they interview you.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about some things in college you learned that makes you fit to be a financial consultant.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

Standard first couple of interviews with a recruiter over the phone and then had a second face-to-face with three separate people - 1st group consisted of 2 Team Managers, 2 person was a Managing Director, and 3rd person was a Managing Director. They asked a few behavioral questions (e.g. tell me about a time when you had to tell a client no, etc) as well as general questions about my background and previous work experience. Never touched on my education and didn't seem too concerned with what I had done in my past work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. How did you respond? What actions did you take?   Answer Question
    I got exactly what I originally asked for so there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2011.

1st call was to get an idea of way you are interested in the position. (last about 15 mins)
    2nd call was a but more in depth about the position and was asked about pay range. (last about 30 mins)
    3rd face to face interview with 2 mangers. (last about 1 1/2)

Each step I was promptly move to the next phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in September 2010.

The hiring process was long due to the extreme care the company takes in finding the right fit. Although many steps involved in the process beginning with an online assessment and ending in a background check, they were quick to get back to you after each step of the process.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral style questions..".tell me about a time you received feedback that you were unhappy about and how did you react...or similar to that."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Charles Schwab in August 2010.

It was a nice experience, even though I did not get a phone call back or an e-mail saying if I get the job or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in October 2009.

First a recruiter will call you and make the initial contact simply to set up a phone screen. You will then interview with the recruiter and if they like what you have to say you will set up an interview with two hiring managers. Mine was the direct manager of the team I was interviewing for and the operational manager who was in charge of operations improvement. During the interview face to face there were several questions regarding why I was leaving my current job and what makes me a good candidate for this specific position. After that you will be put through to a background/credit check and if you pass that they will extend you a formal offer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever done something that improved the operations of your current company? Something that implemented a change in how business is done?   Answer Question
    • Why would you do well in the investments industry? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation when it comes to salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2009.

The entire process was pretty lengthy. Although the initial phone interview took unusually long. On site interview was also pretty long and they appreciate enthusiasm. Culture and people are stressed at Schwab. If you are looking to start a career in the business, This place is a decent place to start, If you have any experience at all and also are licensed, you will be appalled at the starting salary.

Low pay

Client Service Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2009.

I was hired through a recruiter who had posted the job on craigslist. She didn't have all the facts about the job and I was slightly mislead. I think who you interview with (a manager, some of your possible coworkers, etc) will really vary at Schwab. I interviewed with two coworkers and my manager. I think this was a good process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some technical trading questions. I hadn't worked where I had been placing trades before so I couldn't answer these. I was honest and the manager seemed to appreciate that.   Answer Question
    None. I was told there was no negotiating or room in their budget for a higher salary. The offer was 8k higher than my current job so I accepted.

Client Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2010.

First I applied online and a couple days later, was contacted by a Schwab employee to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty long, almost an hour, consisting of mostly why i wanted to work for them, what i knew about the company and a few practice behavioral questions. After, I was invited to an information session where they explained the position more in depth and talked about the company atmosphere. From there I was called back by a recruiter setting up an interview with two hiring managers. The whole interview seemed pretty ridiculous considering they were only focused about asking behavioral questions, not really focusing on any part of my resume. They came back a few days later with a generic schwab rejection email. No direct contact with any of the recruiters afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a fight you got into due to a difference in beliefs.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question