Charles Schwab Client Service Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

3.4

Client Services Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

I wasn't licensed when I applied for the position, so they had me take a test that was supposedly able to determine my ability to pass the Series 7. Wasn't difficult- was a test to see how I thought.

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and waited for about a month before receiving a phone call from the Branch VP and had a face to face interview the very next day. Took nearly two months to receive the second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online, recruiter contacted me the same with via email to set up initial phone interview. Had 45 min. to an hour conversation. Was asked to have a follow up interview with 2 hiring mangers also over the phone. Was told less than 40% of applicants make it to second round.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a 60 year old woman who wanted to start investing now? how would you allocate her portfolio?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (New York, NY).

Interview

Referred by a current employee. First interview, we went over my resume nothing crazy. Second interview was more intense, There was a skills test half math (financial math) half logic question cause i wasn't licensed to work in the industry yet. After The test i was interviewed by the branch manager, followed by the operations manager, followed by a financial consultant. The branch manager is the one who asked the harder questions. The ops and consultant were more to see if they liked you. Be yourself when they interview you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some things in college you learned that makes you fit to be a financial consultant.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX).

Interview

Standard first couple of interviews with a recruiter over the phone and then had a second face-to-face with three separate people - 1st group consisted of 2 Team Managers, 2 person was a Managing Director, and 3rd person was a Managing Director. They asked a few behavioral questions (e.g. tell me about a time when you had to tell a client no, etc) as well as general questions about my background and previous work experience. Never touched on my education and didn't seem too concerned with what I had done in my past work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. How did you respond? What actions did you take?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got exactly what I originally asked for so there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Maitland, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

1st call was to get an idea of way you are interested in the position. (last about 15 mins) 2nd call was a but more in depth about the position and was asked about pay range. (last about 30 mins) 3rd face to face interview with 2 mangers. (last about 1 1/2) Each step I was promptly move to the next phase.

Interview Questions

• How will do you handle conflict?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle change?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Orlando, FL) in September 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was long due to the extreme care the company takes in finding the right fit. Although many steps involved in the process beginning with an online assessment and ending in a background check, they were quick to get back to you after each step of the process.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral style questions..".tell me about a time you received feedback that you were unhappy about and how did you react...or similar to that."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

It was a nice experience, even though I did not get a phone call back or an e-mail saying if I get the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2009.

Interview

First a recruiter will call you and make the initial contact simply to set up a phone screen. You will then interview with the recruiter and if they like what you have to say you will set up an interview with two hiring managers. Mine was the direct manager of the team I was interviewing for and the operational manager who was in charge of operations improvement. During the interview face to face there were several questions regarding why I was leaving my current job and what makes me a good candidate for this specific position. After that you will be put through to a background/credit check and if you pass that they will extend you a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done something that improved the operations of your current company? Something that implemented a change in how business is done?   Answer Question
    • Why would you do well in the investments industry? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation when it comes to salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2009.

Interview

The entire process was pretty lengthy. Although the initial phone interview took unusually long. On site interview was also pretty long and they appreciate enthusiasm. Culture and people are stressed at Schwab. If you are looking to start a career in the business, This place is a decent place to start, If you have any experience at all and also are licensed, you will be appalled at the starting salary.

Low pay