Charles Schwab

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details – The hiring process at Charles Schwab is a long process. After submitting my online application I received a assessment test to take to be submitted with my online application. After about a week I received an email to set up a short 5 minute phone call. This is a screen interview to see how much you know about Charles Schwab and to go over some of your skills.

After this phone call within the next couple of days to move forward to a second phone interview. Here they asked questions that allow you to express how your past experiences prepared you to handle situations that you may of face. Questions such as "tell me about a time where you went outside of your job description to assist a client."

After passing this step, I was then called to set up an face-to-face interview. Here I was interviewed by 2 mangers of the department. They both took turns on who asked questions. They had a page full of possible interview questions to choose from and took notes on your responses. It wasn't really a hard interview if you prepare and study about the company.

Be sure to also note any questions that you will want to ask at the end of the interview. They give you an opportunity to express what questions you have that may not of been answered or that you are unclear of.

A week later I received a phone call stating that I was a finalist and needed to undergo a background check. After your background check is submitted it is a long wait before they process all of the information. Don't feel bad if you have to wait 2 weeks before hearing anything.

Interview Question – There really isn't any difficult questions if you study about the company and prepare yourself properly prior to the interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Fishers, IN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Charles Schwab in August 2010.

Interview Details – Everything was very comfortable. Study up on the company and be a go-getter.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2011.

Interview Details – The Charles Schwab recruiters are professional and courtesy and very good about getting back to you quickly. If you have been unemployed for any lengthy period, be prepared to explain what you have been doing during this time. Also, there were questions asking you to describe what your know about Charles Schwab, your proudest work accomplishment, and how you handled a difficult situation.

Interview Question – What concerns do you have about this position?   Answer Question

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!