Charles Schwab Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

The process seems to be the same as many have noted before. Quick phone interview, longer on phone, more detailed with SAR questions. I am waiting for the next step which should be the on site interview.

Interview Questions
  • What accomplishment are you most proud of in your career?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in November 2013.

My referral had to prod HR to get them to interview me. Similar questions were ask as other reviews... Resume, previous challenges, etc. HR person told me he would be in touch with in a few days to set up the in house testing and followup interviews but never did call back. Schwab filled the position with a young man that they relocated from another state.

Interview Questions
    • Ask how Iyou would handle a situation that got out of control.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2014.

Phone interview first. Asked lots of questions about myself and some situational questions.
    Next step is a math test and aptitude test. Must pass this to move forward.
    In person interview is next. They ask nothing but situational questions. Expect a panel of interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince someone to invest their money in a particular way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2010.

The process was very hard, they asked a ton of questions. know your stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2011.

Phone interview, In-person logic and finance exam, in-person interview.

N/A, it was stated

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Short, 3 min phone interview. A week later had a regular phone interview that covered my resume. Invited to take a assessment: 30 math, 30 logic questions. "passed" the assessment and had face to face interview with 2 managers.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly straightforward. Describe a situation when you had to think creatively or outside the box to solve a problem. Were you successful? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2012.

Applied online, in a less then a week got an email to schedule a 5-10 minute initial screening. They just ask simple questions to get a feel about you. They tell you right there wether you will proceed after it, just be upbeat and know study what they give you.

They then schedule you to talk with the head of talent acquisition, they give you a a week or two to find a date possible to talk for 30-40 minutes. They give you everything you need to know just read it and know what they looking for. They want to know about your customer service skills and situations where you went above and beyond for a customer.

Again, they will let you know if you will proceed to the next step which is the meeting/phone interview with two managers or more and the SIFMA assessment test if you do broker trainer. Do not worry if you fail the SIFMA for the broker trainer you can ask to be considered for the CSR postion. Just do well in your interview with management. KNOW WHO CHUCK IS lol some dont even know CEO/ Founder. Also smile and ask questions that are more open at the end, get them to talk like... how has your career path been since begin with the company or talk about current events, at the time we talked about Facebook IPO and effect of the economy in the work industry.

SIFMA they get a email right away if you fail/pass. ( study logic questions and fractions and stock splits). They will let you know if you pass in 3 days or less. They will then run a background check that will take 7-10 days that will check employment, education, and residence (they check local police departments) then low/high credit extended to you me = credit card n car loan. They also check any revolving credit open and any pass dues. They do not check Credit score, and you can opt in to get a copy of the report.

SO you dont get frustrated on wait, ask how long is the process and when is a estimated time to hear back after the background check is done. I had to wait 2 weeks, went nuts waiting lol.

Took me 2 months because i had to wait for till after finals and i opted in to visit the place in person instead of a phone interview. If you just graduated the diploma will hold up your background check cause u have to request to get it release asap.

After everything is done, talent acquisition meets with hiring director to discuss if they wish to extend an offer.

They call you and ask if you can verbally accept and will send UPS paperwork 3-5 business days (give current address).

Open bottle of wine you made it :) hope this helps. I tried to be as detailed as possible, since people put bits and pieces. IDK about a drugtest i will update this once i know for sure :).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself/ your passion for finance?   View Answer
    • If company xyz stock goes down 5% they will replace their CEO. If they stocks stay they same they will keep the CEO. The replaced the CEO in May.

Did the company stock go down 5%?
        View Answer
    its non negotiable salary of 31k but its non-exempt meaning you get paid over time after 40 hours :) and 10% differential if u take a night shift. after 6 months you will be asked to discuss your future and your progression in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in September 2011.

I applied online, after I submitted my application I recieved an email with a link instructing me to take their test. The test was a personality test followed by a knowledge based test. About two weeks after taking the test I recieved an email from a recruiter requesting a phone interview. I had my first phone interview that same week and was asked to have a second phone interview. About 3 days after my second phone interview I was contacted and set up a interview with two of the managers at the job site. Heading into week 3 of this process I interviewed with the managers, within 2-3 days I was contacted by my recruiter and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you felt you failed or let someone down in the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Charles Schwab in September 2011.

I was interviewed by phone. part of the interviewer's decision may have been related to my phone voice/poor cell phone reception.

Interview Questions
    • What do you anticipate might be challenging for you in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2011.

Applied on their website. Received a call a few days later to set-up a phone interview. Had the phone interview the next day. While on the phone interview set-up a time to come in for a face to face interview with two managers. The next week came in for the interview and was offered the position 3 days later.

No negotiating possible.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!