Charles Schwab

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2010.

Interview Details – The process was very hard, they asked a ton of questions. know your stuff.

Interview Question – When you last checked the stock market   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, In-person logic and finance exam, in-person interview.

Interview Question – the testing, very subjective.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A, it was stated

Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details – Short, 3 min phone interview. A week later had a regular phone interview that covered my resume. Invited to take a assessment: 30 math, 30 logic questions. "passed" the assessment and had face to face interview with 2 managers.

Interview Question – Mostly straightforward. Describe a situation when you had to think creatively or outside the box to solve a problem. Were you successful? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, in a less then a week got an email to schedule a 5-10 minute initial screening. They just ask simple questions to get a feel about you. They tell you right there wether you will proceed after it, just be upbeat and know study what they give you.

They then schedule you to talk with the head of talent acquisition, they give you a a week or two to find a date possible to talk for 30-40 minutes. They give you everything you need to know just read it and know what they looking for. They want to know about your customer service skills and situations where you went above and beyond for a customer.

Again, they will let you know if you will proceed to the next step which is the meeting/phone interview with two managers or more and the SIFMA assessment test if you do broker trainer. Do not worry if you fail the SIFMA for the broker trainer you can ask to be considered for the CSR postion. Just do well in your interview with management. KNOW WHO CHUCK IS lol some dont even know CEO/ Founder. Also smile and ask questions that are more open at the end, get them to talk like... how has your career path been since begin with the company or talk about current events, at the time we talked about Facebook IPO and effect of the economy in the work industry.

SIFMA they get a email right away if you fail/pass. ( study logic questions and fractions and stock splits). They will let you know if you pass in 3 days or less. They will then run a background check that will take 7-10 days that will check employment, education, and residence (they check local police departments) then low/high credit extended to you me = credit card n car loan. They also check any revolving credit open and any pass dues. They do not check Credit score, and you can opt in to get a copy of the report.

SO you dont get frustrated on wait, ask how long is the process and when is a estimated time to hear back after the background check is done. I had to wait 2 weeks, went nuts waiting lol.

Took me 2 months because i had to wait for till after finals and i opted in to visit the place in person instead of a phone interview. If you just graduated the diploma will hold up your background check cause u have to request to get it release asap.

After everything is done, talent acquisition meets with hiring director to discuss if they wish to extend an offer.

They call you and ask if you can verbally accept and will send UPS paperwork 3-5 business days (give current address).

Open bottle of wine you made it :) hope this helps. I tried to be as detailed as possible, since people put bits and pieces. IDK about a drugtest i will update this once i know for sure :).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/ your passion for finance?   View Answer
  • If company xyz stock goes down 5% they will replace their CEO. If they stocks stay they same they will keep the CEO. The replaced the CEO in May.

Did the company stock go down 5%?
      View Answer

Negotiation Details – its non negotiable salary of 31k but its non-exempt meaning you get paid over time after 40 hours :) and 10% differential if u take a night shift. after 6 months you will be asked to discuss your future and your progression in the company.

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, after I submitted my application I recieved an email with a link instructing me to take their test. The test was a personality test followed by a knowledge based test. About two weeks after taking the test I recieved an email from a recruiter requesting a phone interview. I had my first phone interview that same week and was asked to have a second phone interview. About 3 days after my second phone interview I was contacted and set up a interview with two of the managers at the job site. Heading into week 3 of this process I interviewed with the managers, within 2-3 days I was contacted by my recruiter and offered a position.

Interview Question – When was a time you felt you failed or let someone down in the workplace?   Answer Question

Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Charles Schwab in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by phone. part of the interviewer's decision may have been related to my phone voice/poor cell phone reception.

Interview Question – What do you anticipate might be challenging for you in this position?   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on their website. Received a call a few days later to set-up a phone interview. Had the phone interview the next day. While on the phone interview set-up a time to come in for a face to face interview with two managers. The next week came in for the interview and was offered the position 3 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiating possible.

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is very behavioral based. Sample: Exactly what did you do when..... Do NOT give a general broad stroke answer. THAT IS NOT EVEN CLOSE ENOUGH. They are looking for SPECIFIC details to your experiences, how you solved them, and the end result. Failure to deliver specifics will result in no offer.

Customer Service Representative

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2008.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview where they reviewed my reasons for wanting to be a part of the company, and getting a feel for my skills and background. Next, they gave a tour of the facility and a group presentation on the values and mission statement for the company. The provided details on several positions to see what we felt what would better suit us and what we could do for the company. Then, the following week we interviewed I interviewed with two managers of my selected position. I was told I would hear if I got the job within about a week, and got a call on the way home that I was hired.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to make a judgement call that you thought was in the best interest of a customer, even though it may not have been looked highly upon, or something like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time of my application, the salary was non-negotiable. However, it was a result of economic times, and I would still reccommend it. Others before me had the opportunity with success.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!