Charles Schwab Interview Questions in Denver, CO

2.7

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2011.

I remember having a phone interview with the managing director over the position and one of the other directors. Once I completed that I was invited to an in person interview, in which, I interviewed with the VP over the department, the three directors in the department at the time, and the senior manager on the team I would be working in. I was onsite at Schwab for 6 hours. Since I have been hired the interview process has become even more burdensome with more phone interviews. It was clear to me now, that during the interview process the managers didn't really know what they wanted out of the position and, honestly, I see this commonality with many of the other positions in Schwab. They really don't know what they want.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult to tailor my answers to the position they were hiring for because they didn't really know what they wanted out of the position. It appeared to me they were looking for generic skills for the position plus a certain personality.   Answer Question
    Easy I dealt with a recruiter who spoke to the managing director regarding salary and such.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2010.

I met with a recruiter and had a phone interview. Then moved to the office for a face to face with 2 managers that asked questions on how you would handle specific issues and how you resolved the issues.

Interview Questions
    • hardest questions came from the phone interview - lots of actual situations good or bad and how you dealt with them   Answer Question
    none

Registered Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2011.

After submitting my application I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. The phone interview addressed behavioral "tell me about a time when you had to..." questions as well as my experience. After the phone interview I was scheduled for a face to face interview at the call center in Englewood. Between the time of the phone interview and the face to face interview I submitted background-check related documents. The recruiter- my main point of contact- was always in touch and very reach-able. After the face to face interview I was given an exam to evaluate the likelihood of me passing securities industry licensing exams. Upon passing I was given an offer.

I did not negotiate.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2014.

Found posting on professional society website. Applied directly to the company. Received a phone call from the talent manager and talked for 40 minutes about the position and my motivations for applying. The phone call went well, and I received a follow-up call the next day from the hiring manager to set up an interview with her. That interview is coming up.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect the compensation question in the first phone call. I fumbled through my answer because I had not done any meaningful salary research yet.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2013.

The first thing to note is the process takes a long time. I submitted my resume online with a referral and it took three weeks to hear from HR. The first call was a five minute "Get to know you" call. The next call with HR last over an hour, focusing on my qualifications and my potential at Schwab. Then there was the face to face interview which went into customer service-oriented detail questions (think S.T.A.R. answers). Then SIFMA. Then job.

Interview Questions
    • They really don't ask too many technical questions - Schwab will train you. They look for if you're a good for the company. Customer service oriented, friendly, personable and outspoken. That's what they need.   Answer Question
    No negotiating - RegReps all start at the same floor salary.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2014.

Did a phone interview and was leaving for school within 3 days. They worked with me very quickly and got an in office interview with 2 hiring managers. Went very well, passed a background check and offered the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult, lot of talking about past experiences.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in December 2013.

Initial interview was on phone, second interview was in person

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an employee who refuses suggestions.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in September 2013.

I was contacted by the managing director who did an initial phone interview to gauge the breadth of my skills. The next morning I was contacted by the company recruiter to go over a bit more detail about the position. She then setup a technical phone interview with the managing director, lead software architect and a technical director. The following day the director flew up to Denver for an onsite interview with the managing director of the project management group. I received an offer two days later.

It took about 2 weeks from the time I applied to getting the initial contact for the managing director. I had 3 interviews over a six day period, with an offer within 10 days of the initial contact.

Interview Questions
    • What is a parallel query, when would you use it and under what conditions would it not be a good choice?   View Answer

When I spoke with both the managing director and recruiter I told them what my current salary was and shared my current benefits and associated costs. When the offer came in it would have been a lateral move (actually about a 5% decrease factoring in lower benefits and bonus structure). I countered with a range 8-12% higher and was told they would discus it and get back to me in the next two days.

I didn't hear anything for a week and never received a reply after 2 follow up contacts over a two week period following the offer.

The real issue was that I should have been brought in as a technical director based on my skills and background, but they either were not willing or able to change the job level.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

The hiring process took a very long time. I had given up on hearing back from them when I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    They low-ball you on the offer.. I countered and they accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2012.

The hiring and interview process were pretty standard compared with other firms I have worked or interviewed with. The whole process took about three months from the date of first interview to acceptance. There is an initial phone conversation about the role to see if you are a good fit, then a more formal phone interview, followed by a face-to-face with two managers within the firm. Anywhere from a few weeks to a month afterward, you will be informed of the decision and provided details on compensation, training, start dates, U4s, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Both the phone and face-to-face questions were pretty standard behavioral questions. "Tell us the most difficult time you..." or "Give us an example of a time you.." type questions. Pretty straightforward with no curveballs. You will actually likely be asked the same questions on both interviews, so feel free to recycle your answers.   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation on the offer.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!