Charles Schwab

Charles Schwab Financial Consultant Interview Questions

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Consultant Interview

Met the manager, talked for an hour, played golf. Hired

Interview Questions
Very direct and predetermined structure

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2010.

The first step in the process is to go through HR screening. This consists of a 30-45 min phone interview.
    Even after a positive response from the screener, it took several more phone calls and weeks to schedule the next round of interviews. The second round of Inviews were conducted by 3 local Inv ctr Branch managers including the senior executive in charge of all the local branches. Standard interview questions from an experienced staff of managers. W/i 2 weeks had to meet 4 additional managers at an Interview Day. Short interviews were held asking very focused questions. Not very effective way to select a candidate, for the questions were "off the mark". Charles Schwab as hard as they tried did a very incomplete job of getting to know me - they tried to have a comprehensive approach, however, in my judgement failed the candidates and their company.

Interview Questions
    • What major change did management in a previous job make that you disagreed with and what was your response to it?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in December 2008.

Initial screening by recruiter over the phone. Follow up contact from Branch Manager. Met with Branch Manager. Additional interview with Financial Consultant in the branch. This was a relatively small office (2 FC’s and Branch Manger). Second interview with Branch Manager. All personnel were very professional. Office was nice; beautiful views!

Interview Questions
    • In my case, the most difficult question to answer was about my frequent job changes.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2009.

About one month after submitting my resume I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted approximately 20-30 minutes and a 1-1 interview was scheduled at that time. The interview last about an hour and was followed by an office tour and meeting several members of the team. All in all, it was a relaxed and pleasant office. Everyone was smiling and welcoming including the receptionist. As a very friendly gesture the gentleman I was interviewing with politely walked me to the elevator at the conclusion of our meeting. An offer was officially offered about 2 hours following the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What type of work environment are you most productive in?   Answer Question