Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

Participant Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX).

Interview

There is an initial phone interview to gauge your interest in the company/position, then they schedule you for a 40-60 minute phone interested view where they are primarily looking for examples of situations with customers or other related scenarios and a basic knowledge of Charles Schwab history and how it aligns with your goals. After that the talent rep schedules an in person interview which is with 3 hiring managers. It basically consists of the same types of questions as the phone interview only more in depth and expect to explain how situations were handled, how they resolved, and what the root causes could have been. It really helps to have knowledge of the company and to talk about what you find inspiring or what drew you to Schwab.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance when you went above expections?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

I applied online approximately one month ago. A few days after I applied, I received an email requesting a phone screen. Then came the phone interview with the recruiter. I did not enjoy this process whatsoever. I looked at my job searching account the night before and it said my application was on inactive status (the job was on hold--I found this out thanks to Google). So I assumed I didn't get the interview. The next morning, this person surprised me with the phone interview. It did not go well and the recruiter kept correcting me and then emphasized the "no" at the end of the phone call. No wonder this company is so far down the Fortune 500 List...435, to be exact? I will be avoiding this organization in the future. They need to seriously redo their HR system. Thanks for all the miscommunications.

RIA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Three rounds of phone interviews, most of the questions asked were fit questions. The first interview was a screening call with a person in the HR department. Overall the process itself was not overly difficult but there is a good amount of preparation that needed to be done in order to ensure that you will do well in all the interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to work in a group setting   Answer Question

Active Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

T interview. 1st a call over the phone to schedule a phone interview. Then a phone interview with HR. Then you come in a interview with 2 hiring managers. They only care about customer service so that is what they look for. A person that is outright nice...

Interview Questions

• Name what you did in an adverse situation and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

The interview process took a bit of time but in the end was worth the lengthy process. There was an initial online quiz, then a phone screen, then an interview with managers and then another interview with different managers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you dealt with clients successfully in the financial services sector...   Answer Question

Estate Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

There is no follow up with Schwab. You will wait for weeks and can only find out you've been rejected by logging on and checking your status. Can't they at least send an automated reject email?

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview process went very smoothly. Applied online and got a call from HR recruiter for an initial phone screen. After that, had a call with the head of the team I applied for to talk about my experience and why I was interested in financial services. Lastly, brought in for an all day, in-office interview to speak with various people from around the firm and the rest of team that I applied for. Heard back within 2 week.

Interview Questions

• Why financial services?
      Why Schwab?
      Why did you leave your last job?
      Do you know anyone in San Francisco?
      Case question was asked.

Answer Question

Participant Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

30-40 minute phone interview asking about general questions of work history and experiences. Interviewer was very genuine and helpful. Knowing more about the company helps when talking to the interviewer.

Participant Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

It took an entire month after I applied before they contacted me by email. This was to set up a time to talk on the phone. This phone conversation is only to schedule your actual phone interview in a few days. After the phone interview I was moved on to the in person interview. This was the following DAY! Apparently it doesn't usually move this fast. I was told to learn all about the company and the current market and all the competitors, which I stayed up learning like a college kid cramming for an exam. When I went to the interview, it was a panel of three guys. They were all very new to the company, less than five years, and all three were in management less than a year. Rookie stuff and I was not impressed. Nevertheless, I wanted the job so I did my best and the interview went well. Very nice guys, and we seemed to click. They talked as if I had the job already and their HR person would send me a notice in a few days to get the ball rolling for the training class to start in a month. I did get a notice back from HR, to tell me that they had gone with someone else. Maybe I'm not Schwab material, and maybe the hiring process is a convoluted sack of crap. I certainly was not quizzed on any of the material I was told to learn, and I was not impressed with their overall handling of the entire interview process. Seems like a good company, but also it seems like all young people working there and no older management, like people leave when they have used up Schwab to get their start. Overall the interview process is not hard, but I don't know how they base their selection on who to hire.

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake that you have made before in the workplace and what have you done to correct your actions?   Answer Question

Associate Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews which would be followed by a possible in person interview. First is a screening interview and the second is an interview with a hiring manager and possibly others.

Interview Questions

• Cutting edge technologies that I had used.   1 Answer