Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

RIA Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn. First call was a quick one minute preview just setting up a time to conduct an interview. The next call was 45 minute call that asked multiple questions and got to know me a little more. Both of these people were not from where I applied to work, they were from Texas and Orlando. I am still in the interview process and haven't received any more interview dates.

Interview Questions

• Why Schwab?
      Give a customer service example.
      GIve a time when you were put in a situation you didn't have control over, what was your reaction and what was the results.

Answer Question

Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

First Interview was a 10-15 minute phone conversation/interview to discuss my interest level in Charles Schwab, (Hint- know the basic of the position and have general interest in working in Finance). Once you pass the first interview, the recruiter will schedule a second phone interview a week later which will last 45-60 minute. The interviewer will asked behavioral and scenario-type questions, he/she will question you on your knowledge of the position and your knowledge of the company. (Hint- know the Star method,research the company and prepare some questions to ask, the recruiter will ask several times if you have any questions for her, so have at-least 4-6 questions prepared ). If you past the second phone interview, a week later a hiring manager will email you to setup an in-person interview with 2 managers and you will also get a chance to shadow someone for 30 minutes. The managers will have you go through your resume, ask what you know about the position and off course you will be asked 6-8 behavioral interview questions, but at the end you'll get a chance to asked them questions, So make sure you research the company some more and know the culture. 1 Week later you will receive an email to schedule a final phone interview with a hiring manager, it really a conversation about your interest, so know the position real well, and off course he/she will ask a couple behavioral interview question, I hope by now you get the pattern, you must prepare, prepare, prepare for Behavioral interview questions and you have to know the Culture... one week later I received a call saying they want to move on with me, you have to go through a drug test, credit test, and background test. after the results come back Schwab will officially make an offer to you.

last hint of the day send a thank you letter to everybody you interview with, and make sure it personalize to each person that you speak with.

Interview Questions

• Customer Service experience that went poorly and how you handled the situation ?
      What the most innovation solution you have ever come with for a work problem?
      Give one example when you went out of your way to provide superior customer service.
      What is your most significant accomplishment to date?

Answer Question

Financial Consultant Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a positive interview experience. The talent advisor was extremely organized and transparent. I originally applied in January & passed through two rounds of personality assessments. From there, I had a welcome conversation and 3 rounds of interviews. The thorough interview process was a true testament to Charles Schwab wanting to find candidates who are a good culture fit.

Broker Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Emailed and asked to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted 45 minutes and was a behavioral interview. Said that they would notify you within a week. Still waiting to hear back on whether or not, I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a coworker had a disagreement and what was the outcome? Threw my off a little bit because I have never been in this situation. The rest of the questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Investment Management Summer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Applied online through Charles Schwab website, received an email the following week for a phone interview, had the phone interview that same week, currently awaiting further response. The interview was about 30 minutes long. The interviewer started off by telling me more details about the job, then asked me general interview type questions, and we ended with me asking them questions.

Estate Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charles Schwab (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

This interview process was a breath of fresh air compared to the other interviews I had been going too. Initially there is a phone interview with basic behavioral questions, not too intense. A few days later I was called in for a face to face with 2 senior members, one in charge of position applying for and another upper level guy. They were extremely delightful. The interview lasted about 45 minutes, but again they focused on behavioral questions in detail. It was surprising informal, and they basically read out a scenario and asked me to give an experience of how I dealt with it. I could tell they were genuinely interested in what I had to say and it really gave me good feeling for the work culture. It finished with any questions I had, and I ask a lot which they seemed to really like my enthusiasm. Around 5 days later I got a call from an HR rep offering the position, and the rest is history.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced adversity and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted over email and scheduled a phone interview with a talent representative. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. We discussed the position in detail and I was asked numerous STAR interview questions. This was the toughest part of the process for me as I was somewhat unprepared and the questions were tough. I was then invited for an interview at the Charles Schwab call center located in Phoenix. My interview was with two managers that over the area I was applying. They were both very friendly and told me all about themselves and their experience working with Schwab. They structured the interview more like a friendly conversation and each interview question built into the next. It was a pleasant experience. A day after the interview I was asked to take a drug screen and fill out a very thorough background check. I was offered a position about two weeks later.

Make sure you understand Charles Schwab's culture by using the resources the Talent Representative give you.

Practice STAR method interview questions and have specific examples. For the second interview I researched STAR questions online and sat down and though of specific work examples to use for each question. I then did a mock interview with my fiancé.

Ask good questions. Think of some strong questions before hand that directly relate to the finance industry.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it

Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done

Tell me about a recent situation in which you had to deal with a very upset customer or co-worker

Describe a major change or adjustment to your job and your reactions to the change

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Position stats out a 40k a year with the chance of bonuses up to 5k.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by a recruiter and directed to take a personality test, then set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was contacted to go in for an in person interview. If you get passed the in person interview you have the job pending a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you tutored a lower classman, what skills and strategies did you use to teach them?   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2015.

Interview

Fair process. Very communicative process. Nice people. Phone screen, in person interviews with many levels, interview with colleagues, HR and senior staff. Do your research. Best if get referred by internal candidate. Be yourseldlf. They focus a lot on measuring for culture fit, which is good if you are looking for that type of company.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel if I tell you we want you here for ten years?   1 Answer

Investor Services Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

30 min. phone interview with HR rep - just questions about why I was interested nothing technical. Second interview was in the office with two managers - again just behavior questions trying to get to know me. Some fellow interns had video interviews or final round phone interviews if they were out of state. Everyone was very nice throughout the interview process and this trend continued through the internship. Great people and great company that cares about its employees.