Charles Schwab

Average Difficulty
204 candidate interviews

Technical Manager Interview

Technical Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2011.

Interview Details – The position requires good management, personal, and technical skills so it started off with technical phone interviews by Senior level technical staff, then Manager and Director Staff, followed by Vice President interviews. Each interview was looking for a specific talent and the ability to fit into the Schwab culture. The interview process was structured and very detailed with an emphasis on finding the perfect person. All of the interviewers were respectful and honest.

Understand when interviewing that they are typically looking for the perfect person and it will take a while. The higher the position, the more interviews you will have. They take their time to make sure it's done right.

If you don't have the talent or skill they are looking for, the last thing you want to do is try to fake it with them. They will find out what you can really do, and then you will not be reconsidered in the future.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – If you are the right person, they will negotiate within their means. Meaning that they have packages and cannot extend beyond those packaged offerings. Salary will depend upon where you are in relation to their preset ranges.

Client Services Representative Charles Schwab Interview

Client Services Representative Charles Schwab
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in November 2012.

Interview Details – Firts I filled out my online application and was directed to fillout an online assessment.I passed the assesment and recieved an email advising me of a 5 minute phone screen,passed the phone screen and scheduled for an hour Phone Interview for the following day,after the phone Interview I recieved an email with different time slots to choose a time to meet with 2 of th Hiring Managers,I came for the interview and they both asked questions for close to an hour, Afer a series of Questions they told me the next question was the most Important one and The Question was Why should we hire you,why do you think you are the best candidate for the position(he even told me this is a chance for you to sell yourself.PLEASE PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH KNOW THE COMPANY AND THE POSITION THEY ARE TRYING TO FILL DO A LOT OF HOMEWORK,you can't even take the ophone interview if you are unprepared.Also be prepared to answer behavioural based questions and know how to answer in a star approach.See some of the questions below,they may be worded differently but just be prepared to answer the se questions.Right now I am waiting for my Background Check.

Interview Question – What do you know about Schwab?

Why should we hire you?

Tell me about a time you had to make a group co-operate with you?

Tell me abt a time you had to make a group outside of your own co-operate with you?

Tell me about a time you gave exceptional customer Service,what were the results?

What were the biggest challenges you faced in your last position?

From your understanding of this position how does it relate to your past experiences?

Why do you want to work in the Financial Services Industry?

Tell me about a time when one of your team members was not perfoming their duties and what did you do,what were the results?

In your past experiences when have you failed and what have you learned from that experience?

Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it?

What are your strengths?

What are your weaknesses?

When have you recieved superior customer service?

Tell me about a time you had to explain a technical term to someone who was not familiar with it ?

Questions you may ask :

What are the challenges to a new hire?
Do you promote further education/
Has you organization cut its staff in the last 3 years?
What qualities does one need to succed in this position?
Lastly what are the next steps in the process?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer is non negotiable $31 000 and top notch benefits with a lot of room for expansion right now just worry about getting your feet into the doors of Schwab.

Customer Service Representetive Interview

Customer Service Representetive
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details – I applied onlinee ,I was contacted 2 sdays later fior an initial phone Interview which lasted 5-10 minutes, they wanted to know why i was interested in working in the financial Services Industry.After the initial phone Interview I was scheduled for a second phone Intercview which lasted for an hour ,A lot of the questions were Behavioral based questions and they expect you to use the STAR aproach when answering .A couple days later i was emailed with a time for a face to face Interview with 2 managers .Was given the offer after interview,Be prepared ,do a lot of reasearch on the company.

Interview Question – Who are our competitors and why are you apllying with us not them ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotIATIONS BUT HTE PAY IS VERY GOOD.

Participant Services Interview

Participant Services

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. Hard test- could have sworn I failed- didn't. 2 hour, 4 manager interview process. Went great.

Interview Question – Your most difficult academic or workplace decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Broker Trainee Interview

Broker Trainee
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite extensive with an initial 5 minute phone interview, a second, longer phone interview, an on-site SIFMA exam, and a final one hour on-site interview. Schwab has clearly made strides to make sure that they find the right people, which is something I take as a good sign. They are also superb in selecting people to walk you through the interview process. My hiring manager was detailed, personable, engaging, and empathetic. Questions were quite standard in the longer phone interview and on-site interview.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about Schwab.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for this position. It was set before I even applied.

Vice President Ebusiness Technology Interview

Vice President Ebusiness Technology
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2009.

Interview Details – 5 rounds of interviews: 1. HR prescreen - phone; 2. HR interview - in person; 3. Peer, potential staff and customers - in person - all day; 4. Hiring manager - 1 hour; 5. Executive VP - 1 hour over lunch.

Interview Question – Asked questions about Interactive Voice systems - would be responsible for that portion of the business along with others.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was higher than I expected so negotiation was not part of the hiring process. Schwab pays well.

Director Interview

Director
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details – The hiring process took a very long time. I had given up on hearing back from them when I got an offer.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They low-ball you on the offer.. I countered and they accepted.

Broker Trainee Interview

Broker Trainee
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in October 2013.

Interview Details – One of the best and most thorough interview processes one can go through. As everyone has stated, it begins with an initial 5-10 minute phone call, followed by about a 45 minute phone interview the next week or so. If you are successful in the phone interview, they will ask you to come in for an interview with 2 hiring managers. Be able to answer behavioral questions, and know about the company and the specific position in which you applied.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set salary

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2010.

Interview Details – The process was very hard, they asked a ton of questions. know your stuff.

Interview Question – When you last checked the stock market   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Client Service Specialist
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details – Referred by a current employee. First interview, we went over my resume nothing crazy. Second interview was more intense, There was a skills test half math (financial math) half logic question cause i wasn't licensed to work in the industry yet. After The test i was interviewed by the branch manager, followed by the operations manager, followed by a financial consultant. The branch manager is the one who asked the harder questions. The ops and consultant were more to see if they liked you. Be yourself when they interview you.

Interview Question – Tell me about some things in college you learned that makes you fit to be a financial consultant.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Charles Schwab

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charles Schwab interview questions and advice. All 204 interview reviews posted anonymously by Charles Schwab employees and interview candidates.