Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

Registered Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Had to do two phone interviews with recruitment agency before talking with Schwab. Had one phone interview with Charles Schwab where they get a general idea of you knowledge level and interest in Financial industry. Finally one one-hour interview with two managers as a behavioral interview setting. ie. asking questions warranting specific situations in the past you demonstrated certain values. Also have to pass a math/logic exam to qualify for the program.

Interview Questions

• Give an example from your past in which you had to make a difficult decision, and explain your thinking behind your decision   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Initially, they will contact you for a phone interview. During the phone interview, typically questions were asked, such as behavioral situations and how you would handle difficult situations. Then if they feel comfortable enough they will ask you to come into the office for a Face-Face interview. Everyone there was very inviting and the office has a great culture behind it. More difficult questions were asked in the face to face.

Interview Questions

• How have our mutual funds performed compared to our competitors?   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Pretty easy with a phone interview with the recruiter, phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a formal interview. The whole process took 30-40 days.

Negotiation

they were not very flexible on the salary negotiations

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Received a call from HR. After a brief phone interview, I met with the hiring manager. Two days after I was asked to meet the Finance VP and another Director. I heard back with an offer in a few days.

Registered Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Phone, then two mgrs

Manager Interview

Interview

HR called, followed by a phone interview with a hiring manager. Everything went well, then flew to SF to interview there with a group of people. It turned out that the job is not a good fit for me, it seems that they also need to sort out details of job descriptions. Seems like unorganized.

Financial Consultant Interview

Interview

Met the manager, talked for an hour, played golf. Hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very direct and predetermined structure

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Interview

It was very easy. I met with three people and the decision was made very quickly. basically they are looking to find out if you are able to do the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had to negotiate for salary. My advice is stay your grounds.

Interview

HR phone screen
    Team phone interview
    On-site interview

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

The Interviewer did most of the talking. He only asked two questions. He also described another open position and adked which one I would like more. The interview lasted a little over two hours. Received a call from HR and negotiated 2k over the offer.