Charles Schwab

Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

So far it has been a 3 step process. First, phone interview with Talent Manager (recruiter), second round was face-to-face interview with peer-manager, third was face-to-face with hiring manager for the department.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward interview questions about the position and how past experience will lead to success   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

The process seems to be the same as many have noted before. Quick phone interview, longer on phone, more detailed with SAR questions. I am waiting for the next step which should be the on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of in your career?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in September 2014.

Interviewed with recruiter via telephone. Approximately 45 min. Very friendly. Asked standard questions. No surprises. Asked about strengths, weaknesses and asked for examples of successful leadership. Most roles in leadership or higher will be 6 rounds both individual and panel.

Interview Questions
    • What are 2 areas of development for you?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave or do you want to leave your most recent position?   Answer Question
    • What was your salary in your most recent role? What are your salary expectations for this role?   Answer Question
    • What do you think makes you stand out as a fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Provide an example of a time you believe your leadership skills played a part in the development of an associate.   Answer Question

Hours of the role too much

Associate Interview

Received a call from the recruiter and immediately they start asking salary questions be careful with that! They ask a lot of questions about possible scenarios of angry client's and how you handled. Be wary they offer amazing bonuses and over time. Neither is easily attained; bonus is paid in tiers depending on seniority, pay grade level, and extra roles you took. Overtime is offered twice a year and limited.

Interview Questions
    • Summarize the worse comment received by a manager   View Answer
    Terrible, they tell you they cannot negotiate. They lie, negotiate at least 10-13% more, that is their latitude

Associate Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

Applied online, did an online questionnaire, an initial phone screening lasting about 15 minutes, and then an hour long phone interview after which I was asked to take the sifma assessment. I passed the exam which consisted of logic questions and some simple math questions. You are allowed a calculator and scratch paper for the exam. I was then called in to a face to face interview with 2 managers. This lasted about an hour and a half. I was contacted by my recruiter about 2 hours later about completing authorization forms for background and credit check. This has been a long process but waiting to hear back on the checks was the hardest part (three weeks). I received an email today saying they are ready to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were typical Star style questions and not that difficult if you follow the format. I had the hardest time with the logic test because you are not allowed to revisit a question once it is answered.   Answer Question

Derivative Analyst Interview

phone interview, I applied via the online site and had a phone interview that I thought went very well. I answered two situation questions "tell me about a time when" and then the recruiter ended the call. I did not get called in for an additional interview.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via telephone who then scheduled a telephone with me. I was told to do my research on behavioral type interviews. Not surprisingly, the telephone was all behavioral questions. After the telephone interview, I was scheduled for an in-person interview at the location. Following the in-person interview, I never heard from anyone at this company.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral phone interview. Mostly background/experience questions during the in-person interview.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I transferred internally. First time I was hired, I had a mini exam during the interview (as in: paper & multiple choice questions). So if you're applying for technical job, make sure you brush up on your skills.

Associate Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in August 2014.

The process is just as it's been described by other interviewees, five minute phone screen, followed by a more in-depth hour long phone call with "tell me about a time when?" type of questions which should be answered in the STAR method. You will then be asked to come in and take the SIFMA exam, which if you can do basic arithmetic and answer logical word questions you will do fine.

Then there is the 2:1 manager interview on site. This is where my issues begin with this company and I hope someone from Schwab reads this in order to correct their mistakes. First off the person that I was told I would be interviewing with I didn't, which by my estimation is completely unprofessional. I'm the type that will go above an beyond to prepare for an interview so I had researched the individual that I was told I would interview with via social media in order to make small talk about his interests to exemplify just how passionately I wanted the position, which was obviously a waste of time. Then the two women (whom I didn't know their names or that they were going to be conducting the interview) showed up seven minutes late as I waited in the lobby like a schmuck. Schwab obviously thinks that its time is more valuable than mine. Upon doing the interview I exactingly, methodically dissected every question that they threw at me with poise, professionalism, energy, articulation and specificity. I ran circles around these women who were not professionally dressed or polished in any shape of the word. Their questions sounded like: "Name a time when, uuummm...., name a time when?" By the end of the interview I've never felt so confident about a position. However several hours later I received a call saying that they were not going to move forward with my application because there were candidates better suited for the position.

It's my perception from what I can gather that I was probably overqualified for the position. However they way overstate the qualifications because I had them all. I believe that they are looking for individuals who have less experience and are a little more moldable, and that's fine, however all I did during the interview was speak to my resume, which they had from the FIRST DAY of a month long process.

I think it's probably a great position for someone without experience and doesn't mind working potentially at 3:00 am on Christmas morning.

V P Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Applied online and had follow up conversation and interview with Regional HR person. Next did online application with more detail, spoke again with HR over telephone. Next had telephone conversation with local Branch Manager. Then had face to face interview with local Branch Manager. Then had face to face interview with 2nd local Branch Manager. Then received offer via e-mail from Regional HR.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions revolved around sales skills and prospecting techniques I used. Additional questions about my willingness to work at night and conducting after hour seminars.   View Answer
    Their salary is very structured so not much room to negotiate.