Charles Schwab

Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2014.

I applied online, and they emailed me for a phone interview less than a week later. First, there was a 15-minute
    pre-interview on the phone, with behavioral interview questions. Next, there was a 30 minute interview on the phone, with questions regarding relevant courses and experience. I was then contacted for an on-site interview, where I interviewed 1 on 1 with three members of the team.

Interview Questions
    • There were some programming related interview questions, which I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2014.

filled out online questionnaire, received an email that they would be calling me to set up a phone interview. Did the phone interview which lasted 30 minutes. After passing that, I was told to expect a phone call to set up face to face. That was with 3 supervisors taking turns asking situational questions, kinda tough.

Interview Questions
    • when was the last time your supervisor criticized your work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotion, it is based on whether you have your bachelors degree, and whether you have your series 7 license.

Senior Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

It took weeks almost a month before I heard from HR that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Job amount was as is

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

You are invitied to a 5 minute phone screen with a sourcing specialist. If you pass that interview you are scheduled to a 45 minute phone interview with a recruiter. If you pass that interview then you are invited to take an assessment onsite and interview with a team of 3 people with one of them being the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about an overnight work schedule?   View Answer

I was not interested in participating in shift bids. Its setup more as a call center than it is a brokerage firm.

Database Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2014.

I had three phone calls before meeting the team in person. Two phone calls were with two managers and the third was a technical test over the phone with my manager. I then flew out to San Francisco for seven interviews with the team.

Interview Questions
    • Overall, there wasn't anything terribly unexpected or difficult. Standard questions.   Answer Question
    Non-existant

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2014.

phone screening with several folks before in-person. be prepared to get on board with company 'culture' and ask questions about it.

Interview Questions
    • make sure you are aligned with the 'culture' or you won't move on.   Answer Question

Broker Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2014.

5 minute phone screen
    30 minute phone interview about what I know about the company and why Im interested
    1 hour phone call with managers about behavioral questions
    Sifma test
    after passing the next day they informed me of an offer coming in 48 hours

Interview Questions
    • Prep for calculating profit differences off stock yields   Answer Question
    no negotiation, take it or leave it. 40k with 5k possible bonus.

Associate Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2014.

Interview process was very straightforward. First I applied online (I have a background in the industry and a Bachelor's degree in Finance) then I was contacted by HR for a phone interview just a few days after applying. After the phone interview I was contacted by the manager of the office for an in person interview. That part is important because it's crucial to make the connection with the person as they will be your future manager. The conversation with the manager lasted about an hour and then I met others in the office. After that I was contacted to complete my background check information (work experience, etc) and then I was contacted again to go into the office and meet the rest of the team. I was offered the position fairly quickly pending my background check, which I knew wouldn't be a problem but still took three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Behaviorial style questions for phone interview, asked me what types of news I read and how often and if I followed the stock market   Answer Question
    No negotiation- I was happy with the salary, overtime, and bonus potential

Senior Finance Manager Interview

It was very easy. I met with three people and the decision was made very quickly. basically they are looking to find out if you are able to do the job

Interview Questions
    I had to negotiate for salary. My advice is stay your grounds.

Financial Consultant Interview

Met the manager, talked for an hour, played golf. Hired

Interview Questions
    Very direct and predetermined structure