Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.9

Broker Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2014.

5 minute phone screen
    30 minute phone interview about what I know about the company and why Im interested
    1 hour phone call with managers about behavioral questions
    Sifma test
    after passing the next day they informed me of an offer coming in 48 hours

Interview Questions
    • Prep for calculating profit differences off stock yields   Answer Question
    no negotiation, take it or leave it. 40k with 5k possible bonus.

Associate Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2014.

Interview process was very straightforward. First I applied online (I have a background in the industry and a Bachelor's degree in Finance) then I was contacted by HR for a phone interview just a few days after applying. After the phone interview I was contacted by the manager of the office for an in person interview. That part is important because it's crucial to make the connection with the person as they will be your future manager. The conversation with the manager lasted about an hour and then I met others in the office. After that I was contacted to complete my background check information (work experience, etc) and then I was contacted again to go into the office and meet the rest of the team. I was offered the position fairly quickly pending my background check, which I knew wouldn't be a problem but still took three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Behaviorial style questions for phone interview, asked me what types of news I read and how often and if I followed the stock market   Answer Question
    No negotiation- I was happy with the salary, overtime, and bonus potential

Senior Finance Manager Interview

It was very easy. I met with three people and the decision was made very quickly. basically they are looking to find out if you are able to do the job

Interview Questions
    I had to negotiate for salary. My advice is stay your grounds.

Financial Consultant Interview

Met the manager, talked for an hour, played golf. Hired

Interview Questions
    Very direct and predetermined structure

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2014.

Did a phone interview and was leaving for school within 3 days. They worked with me very quickly and got an in office interview with 2 hiring managers. Went very well, passed a background check and offered the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult, lot of talking about past experiences.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Financial Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2014.

I was first contacted through an initial phone call from a Human Resources representative. After this talk we scheduled a follow-up phone interview so that I could be screened further. I did well enough to move forward and earn a face-to-face interview. This took place at the branch location in Indianapolis. I was shown around all the facilities and afterwards the interview began. There were two managers interviewing me and they asked a variety of behavioral based interview questions (explain a time when you received good customer service, explain a time when you gave good customer service, explain a time when you demonstrated leadership, etc.) I received a call back the following day and after a thorough background check, I received a formal offer.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of a time when you demonstrated good customer service?   View Answer

Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2014.

Sent in a resume, had a minute call the next day, a weel later we had an hour long interview over the phone, then had to pass the SIFMA test and once I found out the results were good a day later I was scheduled to have a final interview with a couple of managers at the location.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a time where you had to fix a problem with a client and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Broker - Series 7 Licensed Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2014.

Applied through company website. Initially contacted through phone by screener to verify I was still interested in position. Very personable, seemed the main intent was to be sure I was a real person and could be understood on the phone (which is how all contact with customers is done). Screener then set up a phone interview with recruiter.

Recruiter called, verified basic information on application. Explained job duties and responsibilities, salary range. Upon further questioning, recruiter deemed that I was over qualified for the position. Was very helpful though and forwarded me a description of another opening that better fit my qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions had to do with past experience, not really STAR type questions, more of a general overview of myself.   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

Referred by a current employee. First interview, we went over my resume nothing crazy. Second interview was more intense, There was a skills test half math (financial math) half logic question cause i wasn't licensed to work in the industry yet. After The test i was interviewed by the branch manager, followed by the operations manager, followed by a financial consultant. The branch manager is the one who asked the harder questions. The ops and consultant were more to see if they liked you. Be yourself when they interview you.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about some things in college you learned that makes you fit to be a financial consultant.   View Answer

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in December 2013.

Applied online through Schwab.com, process took about 3 weeks before being contacted for a phone interview. Back to back days for phone interviews & then a face to face. Offer w/in 30 min. of face to face interview. Interview is very "fit" oriented, as well as behavioral questions. Not very technical, but there are some for the licensed broker position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you display ownership and problem resolution when dealing with a client.   View Answer
    Minimal negotiation, offer over the phone before official offer letter sent via email.