Charles Schwab

Relevance Date Difficulty

Registered Representative Interview

Registered Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2010.

Interview Details – They will ask you a lot of "tell me about a time you had to do X, Y or Z". There is also a math test which involves common business math.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you had to....."   Answer Question

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Senior Finance Manager

Interviewed at Charles Schwab

Interview Details – It was very easy. I met with three people and the decision was made very quickly. basically they are looking to find out if you are able to do the job

Interview Question – Not really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had to negotiate for salary. My advice is stay your grounds.

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant

Interview Details – Met the manager, talked for an hour, played golf. Hired

Interview Question – There were no questions after he viewed my resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very direct and predetermined structure

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was on phone, second interview was in person

Interview Question – How would you handle an employee who refuses suggestions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2010.

Interview Details – The process was very hard, they asked a ton of questions. know your stuff.

Interview Question – When you last checked the stock market   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Charles Schwab in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was located out of state and planning to relocate for the job so I had several phone interviews before a final in person interview. I interviewed with the hiring manager and at least 4 people on the team via phone. Some of the interviews with the team had 2 people on the line so it was very difficult to know who was asking the questions and to know who was answering my questions. I was flown out for the final interview with the VP of the group and it was a great experience, the team had already decided they liked me so they were basically giving me advice on what to say and not to say to the VP. They also had cookies brought in.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but in retrospect, would recommend that you negotiate.

Client Service Specialist Interview

Client Service Specialist
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details – Referred by a current employee. First interview, we went over my resume nothing crazy. Second interview was more intense, There was a skills test half math (financial math) half logic question cause i wasn't licensed to work in the industry yet. After The test i was interviewed by the branch manager, followed by the operations manager, followed by a financial consultant. The branch manager is the one who asked the harder questions. The ops and consultant were more to see if they liked you. Be yourself when they interview you.

Interview Question – Tell me about some things in college you learned that makes you fit to be a financial consultant.   View Answer

Registered Representative Interview

Registered Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening followed by phone interview. Focused on behavioral questions centered around customer service. Then an invitation to the office for the SIFMA assessment to evaluate the likelihood of passing the licensing exams. If you pass that you're invited back for an in person interview. That one is also all behavioral based questions centered on customer service.

Interview Question – Multiple questions asking for specific experiences, how you handled them, and the outcome. So come prepared with multiple examples.   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Managing Director

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details – I applied on-line and was contacted in a few days by HR to arrange a longer call. The job was listed as a Managing Director for Schwab but it turned out to be for one of the subsidiaries. While that was disappointing, the remainder of the discussion was confounding. Although the job is in SF and I am in NY, I was asked if I would require relocation assistance, and that none was currently being offered: it wasn't part of the plan. I was then told that my salary was at the top of the range for the role, which could be a problem. So did they think I would consider relocating at my own expense while taking a pay cut for what was being advertised as an Executive role?

The recruiter informed me that she would be meeting with the hiring manager in a few days. After a week with no feedback I reached out to the recruiter who responded that she was still waiting to hear. Nothing since.

Very unimpressed with the organization based on my experience. It is inappropriate to engage individuals in the hiring process and to not provide any closure beyond unanswered correspondence.

Interview Question – The position is in SF and you are in NY. Will you require relocation assistance?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Charles Schwab

Interview Details – HR called, followed by a phone interview with a hiring manager. Everything went well, then flew to SF to interview there with a group of people. It turned out that the job is not a good fit for me, it seems that they also need to sort out details of job descriptions. Seems like unorganized.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question