Charles Schwab

Updated Feb 20, 2015

Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2014.

Two interviews. First one was a phone interview that took a out 40 minutes. I felt relatively comfortable answering the questions. The interviewee said he thinks I'd be a good fit for the company. He noted my masters degree as one reason. None of my education or work experience was I finance.

My next interview was in person one week later. There was three managers. One manager I would be working under. The manager I would have worked under looked at me twice in the hour interview and asked me two questions. I'm pretty sure he took one look at my resume and I was done before I even arrived. I thought the interview questions were challenging but fair.

Two days later I got an email saying they were going in another direction. I wasn't surprised.

Overall, I thought they were fairly professional barring the manager who wasn't interested in me (not his fault in my opinion).

Interview Questions
    • Give one example when you went out of your way to provide superior customer service.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2014.

Found posting on professional society website. Applied directly to the company. Received a phone call from the talent manager and talked for 40 minutes about the position and my motivations for applying. The phone call went well, and I received a follow-up call the next day from the hiring manager to set up an interview with her. That interview is coming up.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect the compensation question in the first phone call. I fumbled through my answer because I had not done any meaningful salary research yet.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2014.

Phone interview first. Asked lots of questions about myself and some situational questions.
    Next step is a math test and aptitude test. Must pass this to move forward.
    In person interview is next. They ask nothing but situational questions. Expect a panel of interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince someone to invest their money in a particular way?   Answer Question

Associate Software Applications Engineer Interview

HR phone screen
    Team phone interview
    On-site interview

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

The interview process here was intense and thorough, with many interviews scheduled over a period of several months. I found everyone to be very professional and very well prepared. Although I interviewed for several months and felt I was fairly far along in the process, I never received any kind of communication from HR notifying me if the position had been filled.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected, but be prepared to give specific examples of your past success.   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

I was initially phoned after submitting a resume' and cover letter in response to an advertisement. We scheduled an interview for the same day, as that was the last day interviews were being conducted. The manager interviewed me for 30-45 minutes. Afterwards, an Investment Consultant who was a Series 8 BOM interviewed me for 15-20 mins. Neither interview was difficult and the questions were pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2014.

I applied online, and they emailed me for a phone interview less than a week later. First, there was a 15-minute
    pre-interview on the phone, with behavioral interview questions. Next, there was a 30 minute interview on the phone, with questions regarding relevant courses and experience. I was then contacted for an on-site interview, where I interviewed 1 on 1 with three members of the team.

Interview Questions
    • There were some programming related interview questions, which I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2014.

The process was fairly common. I applied online, entered in all of my information, submitted my resume and waited. About a week later I was contacted by a Charles Schwab recruiter via email to set up a proper time for a phone interview. When the phone interview came, she asked about my past work experience, schooling and skill sets. She also asked questions about what I knew about the position and the company. After that round, one of the managers at the Austin location contacted me, gave me a brief phone interview and set up a time in which to have a face-to-face interview.

I drove out to Austin on a Friday to the job location and was interviewed by the manger who contacted me as well as two others. There was some fairly difficult questions included in the interview, a role play and some behavioral questions. Overall, the experience was decent. I never felt completely overwhelmed or undermined. Everyone who participated in the process was genuine and friendly. However, I feel as if Charles Schwab isn't willing to pay its employees a competitive enough wage compared to their competitors. The position in question has a salary of $40k/year, nonnegotiable and a seemingly lengthy track of promotions.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what the capital of the Czech Republic was, not quite sure why. I was also asked two questions about current events: The Heart Bleed Bug and High Frequency Trading   Answer Question

Not interested in relocating cities for a sub-median salary.

Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2014.

filled out online questionnaire, received an email that they would be calling me to set up a phone interview. Did the phone interview which lasted 30 minutes. After passing that, I was told to expect a phone call to set up face to face. That was with 3 supervisors taking turns asking situational questions, kinda tough.

Interview Questions
    • when was the last time your supervisor criticized your work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotion, it is based on whether you have your bachelors degree, and whether you have your series 7 license.

Senior Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

It took weeks almost a month before I heard from HR that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Job amount was as is