Charles Schwab Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2011.

I remember having a phone interview with the managing director over the position and one of the other directors. Once I completed that I was invited to an in person interview, in which, I interviewed with the VP over the department, the three directors in the department at the time, and the senior manager on the team I would be working in. I was onsite at Schwab for 6 hours. Since I have been hired the interview process has become even more burdensome with more phone interviews. It was clear to me now, that during the interview process the managers didn't really know what they wanted out of the position and, honestly, I see this commonality with many of the other positions in Schwab. They really don't know what they want.

Interview Questions
  • It was difficult to tailor my answers to the position they were hiring for because they didn't really know what they wanted out of the position. It appeared to me they were looking for generic skills for the position plus a certain personality.   Answer Question
Easy I dealt with a recruiter who spoke to the managing director regarding salary and such.

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Manager Interview

HR called, followed by a phone interview with a hiring manager. Everything went well, then flew to SF to interview there with a group of people. It turned out that the job is not a good fit for me, it seems that they also need to sort out details of job descriptions. Seems like unorganized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab in August 2009.

Interview with existing managers then move to a director interview then a call center VP. Mix of behavioral, personality, and business plan questions. Perceptions can be based on information outside of the interviews (I.e. acting team manager positions) sometimes it may take multiple applications to get an interview. Feedback needed to be asked for and not freely offered.

Interview Questions
    • What are your plans for the team in the first 30,60,90 days.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation on the pay as there is a pay band that you start in. Many times you don't know the schedule you ae interviewing for.

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2010.

Call from HR for phone interview. I was referred by an employee of the company.

Interview Questions

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!