Charles Schwab Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

3.2

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

So far it has been a 3 step process. First, phone interview with Talent Manager (recruiter), second round was face-to-face interview with peer-manager, third was face-to-face with hiring manager for the department.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward interview questions about the position and how past experience will lead to success   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Manager Interview

Interview

HR called, followed by a phone interview with a hiring manager. Everything went well, then flew to SF to interview there with a group of people. It turned out that the job is not a good fit for me, it seems that they also need to sort out details of job descriptions. Seems like unorganized.

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab (Maitland, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Great, it was very professional. First you have a phone interview and if you are chosen, you are interviewed at the office by the manager and other employees. Then, if you are chosen to move to the next step, you are interviewed by the vice president of the department and manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

I remember having a phone interview with the managing director over the position and one of the other directors. Once I completed that I was invited to an in person interview, in which, I interviewed with the VP over the department, the three directors in the department at the time, and the senior manager on the team I would be working in. I was onsite at Schwab for 6 hours. Since I have been hired the interview process has become even more burdensome with more phone interviews. It was clear to me now, that during the interview process the managers didn't really know what they wanted out of the position and, honestly, I see this commonality with many of the other positions in Schwab. They really don't know what they want.

Interview Questions

• It was difficult to tailor my answers to the position they were hiring for because they didn't really know what they wanted out of the position. It appeared to me they were looking for generic skills for the position plus a certain personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy I dealt with a recruiter who spoke to the managing director regarding salary and such.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2010.

Interview

Call from HR for phone interview. I was referred by an employee of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview with existing managers then move to a director interview then a call center VP. Mix of behavioral, personality, and business plan questions. Perceptions can be based on information outside of the interviews (I.e. acting team manager positions) sometimes it may take multiple applications to get an interview. Feedback needed to be asked for and not freely offered.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the team in the first 30,60,90 days.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation on the pay as there is a pay band that you start in. Many times you don't know the schedule you ae interviewing for.