Charles Schwab

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2011.

Interview Details – This will be a behaviorial interview where you are expected to provide answers to situational scenarios. It will most likely be an interview with multiple managers. It is quite formal and you should dress up for the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your manager. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes i negotiated a slightly higher salary.

Broker Trainee Interview

Broker Trainee
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2014.

Interview Details – Sent in a resume, had a minute call the next day, a weel later we had an hour long interview over the phone, then had to pass the SIFMA test and once I found out the results were good a day later I was scheduled to have a final interview with a couple of managers at the location.

Interview Question – Can you give an example of a time where you had to fix a problem with a client and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Registered Representative I Interview

Registered Representative I
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2010.

Interview Details – Typical process is a phone interview. You then take the SIFMA test which tests your basic math abilities. In addition to a personality test. If you pass these you will then interview with two managers and should answers questions with a problem/solution example. You need to provide specific examples. Many people find that this interview style is difficult.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult client problem you had to deal with and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2010.

Interview Details – They will ask you a lot of "tell me about a time you had to do X, Y or Z". There is also a math test which involves common business math.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you had to....."   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening followed by phone interview. Focused on behavioral questions centered around customer service. Then an invitation to the office for the SIFMA assessment to evaluate the likelihood of passing the licensing exams. If you pass that you're invited back for an in person interview. That one is also all behavioral based questions centered on customer service.

Interview Question – Multiple questions asking for specific experiences, how you handled them, and the outcome. So come prepared with multiple examples.   Answer Question

Client Banking Representative Interview

Client Banking Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submit your app online, get a call back within a week, 2 phone interviews and 1 final interview with 2 managers upon successful completion of first two phone interviews. Background check to pass but no substance testing... Be prepared to answer your typical interview questions and be ready to know a little bit about the company it's history and obviously the role for which you are applying for.

Interview Question – Name a time that you had to work with a difficult co-worker and how you turned it around into a positive work experience for the both of you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation salary was a flat $34,000 with benefits which was fine with me

Retirement Plan Services Interview

Retirement Plan Services
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details – The first step in the process is a phone interview that takes about 30 minutes. Afterward, you are invited to attend interviews on-premise. This process consists of 2 two-on-one interviews back-to-back with 4 of the department's managers.

Interview Question – I don't particularly remember a particularly difficult question. Be prepared to discuss your employment history and reason for choosing Schwab. The rest of the interview consists of behavioral-based interview questions that usually begin with "Tell me about a time you..."   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Managing Director
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communications with a recruiter, followed by an interview with the hiring manager, followed by interviews with peers, ending with an interview with the Senior Vice President.

Interview Question – The questions were fairly standard and not difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated more salary and ability to take an immediate preplanned vacation. Also agreement to eventually relocate to a more desired city.

Broker Interview

Broker
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initial Phone interview: 5-10 min
Phone Interview: 45min- 1hr
Assessment
In-Person Interview: 1 hour

Interview Question – Pretty easy process...expect behavioral style questions, know a lot about Charles Schwab. Question asked describe a time when you met a person and it did not go well. what did you do to make the relationship better.   Answer Question

Registered Representative I Interview

Registered Representative I
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Charles Schwab in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview was done by phone, followed by a personality test. After personality test did an additional phone interview. Once past that round was asked to go into office and take the sifma assessment to test the probability of my ability to pass the series 7 & 63. Once passing the sifma I was asked to come in for final round of interviews. Interviewed by two managers, questions were fairly easy and mostly situational.

Interview Question – "What is something that I have to know about you that we haven't already discussed in this interview and can't be found on your resume?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no such thing as a negotiation process w/ entry level positions at Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!