Charles Schwab Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

Updated Jun 21, 2014
Updated Jun 21, 2014

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2011.

This will be a behaviorial interview where you are expected to provide answers to situational scenarios. It will most likely be an interview with multiple managers. It is quite formal and you should dress up for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your manager. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    Yes i negotiated a slightly higher salary.

Registered Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2010.

Typical process is a phone interview. You then take the SIFMA test which tests your basic math abilities. In addition to a personality test. If you pass these you will then interview with two managers and should answers questions with a problem/solution example. You need to provide specific examples. Many people find that this interview style is difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult client problem you had to deal with and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    Nothing was negotiable.

Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2014.

Sent in a resume, had a minute call the next day, a weel later we had an hour long interview over the phone, then had to pass the SIFMA test and once I found out the results were good a day later I was scheduled to have a final interview with a couple of managers at the location.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a time where you had to fix a problem with a client and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2010.

They will ask you a lot of "tell me about a time you had to do X, Y or Z". There is also a math test which involves common business math.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2013.

Phone screening followed by phone interview. Focused on behavioral questions centered around customer service. Then an invitation to the office for the SIFMA assessment to evaluate the likelihood of passing the licensing exams. If you pass that you're invited back for an in person interview. That one is also all behavioral based questions centered on customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Multiple questions asking for specific experiences, how you handled them, and the outcome. So come prepared with multiple examples.   Answer Question

Client Banking Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in October 2012.

Submit your app online, get a call back within a week, 2 phone interviews and 1 final interview with 2 managers upon successful completion of first two phone interviews. Background check to pass but no substance testing... Be prepared to answer your typical interview questions and be ready to know a little bit about the company it's history and obviously the role for which you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had to work with a difficult co-worker and how you turned it around into a positive work experience for the both of you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation salary was a flat $34,000 with benefits which was fine with me

Retirement Plan Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

The first step in the process is a phone interview that takes about 30 minutes. Afterward, you are invited to attend interviews on-premise. This process consists of 2 two-on-one interviews back-to-back with 4 of the department's managers.

Interview Questions
    • I don't particularly remember a particularly difficult question. Be prepared to discuss your employment history and reason for choosing Schwab. The rest of the interview consists of behavioral-based interview questions that usually begin with "Tell me about a time you..."   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2011.

Initial communications with a recruiter, followed by an interview with the hiring manager, followed by interviews with peers, ending with an interview with the Senior Vice President.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated more salary and ability to take an immediate preplanned vacation. Also agreement to eventually relocate to a more desired city.

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2013.

Initial Phone interview: 5-10 min
    Phone Interview: 45min- 1hr
    Assessment
    In-Person Interview: 1 hour

Interview Questions
    • Pretty easy process...expect behavioral style questions, know a lot about Charles Schwab. Question asked describe a time when you met a person and it did not go well. what did you do to make the relationship better.   Answer Question

Registered Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Charles Schwab in August 2012.

Initial interview was done by phone, followed by a personality test. After personality test did an additional phone interview. Once past that round was asked to go into office and take the sifma assessment to test the probability of my ability to pass the series 7 & 63. Once passing the sifma I was asked to come in for final round of interviews. Interviewed by two managers, questions were fairly easy and mostly situational.

Interview Questions
    • "What is something that I have to know about you that we haven't already discussed in this interview and can't be found on your resume?"   Answer Question
    There is no such thing as a negotiation process w/ entry level positions at Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!