Charles Schwab Relationship Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014

3.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2014.

Two interviews. First one was a phone interview that took a out 40 minutes. I felt relatively comfortable answering the questions. The interviewee said he thinks I'd be a good fit for the company. He noted my masters degree as one reason. None of my education or work experience was I finance.

My next interview was in person one week later. There was three managers. One manager I would be working under. The manager I would have worked under looked at me twice in the hour interview and asked me two questions. I'm pretty sure he took one look at my resume and I was done before I even arrived. I thought the interview questions were challenging but fair.

Two days later I got an email saying they were going in another direction. I wasn't surprised.

Overall, I thought they were fairly professional barring the manager who wasn't interested in me (not his fault in my opinion).

Interview Questions
  • Give one example when you went out of your way to provide superior customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2014.

filled out online questionnaire, received an email that they would be calling me to set up a phone interview. Did the phone interview which lasted 30 minutes. After passing that, I was told to expect a phone call to set up face to face. That was with 3 supervisors taking turns asking situational questions, kinda tough.

Interview Questions
    • when was the last time your supervisor criticized your work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotion, it is based on whether you have your bachelors degree, and whether you have your series 7 license.

Relationship Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2013.

I had two interviews, phone and then face to face. The phone one was relatively easy questions, basically sell yourself so Schwab can even decide if they're interested. The face to face I had really nice managers interviewing me, they were super easy to talk to. You get asked a lot of "tell me about a time when..." questions.

Interview Questions
    • Just having to come up with scenarios on the spot was difficult, and trying to sell yourself at the same time.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maitland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in September 2012.

I completed one phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes and about two weeks later had a face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maitland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2012.

Applied on-line received email to take on-line personality test. Recruiter email to schedule a 15 min interview who asked very basic questions (i.e. are you still employed, what interest you about the job). Received another email for scheduled interview with HR Recruiter. The HR Recruiter asked similar questions and wanted to know if there were any dates that needed to be considered when they schedule training. Had 1:1 interview with 2 individuals the following week. The interview lasted 45 mins. Both took turns in asking behavioral type questions. One of the interviewers seemed very distant within 10 mins of the interview. Neither provided business cards and at the end only 1 person shook my hand.

Interview Questions
    • 3 characteristics that describe yourself   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you found something that was of risk to the Firm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2012.

Recruiter emailed me on a Friday for a monday interview, a week or two after the job application. It was fairly stock list of questions and they expected stock answers. Anything varying from the norm in any way will get you discarded. Recruiter was based in Arizona and clearly had a set list of questions she was working from. Overall, very impersonal interview, but it was a really just a screening, so I guess that is to be expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2012.

After having applied on-line for several positions within the organization, I had my first phone interview with a Schwab recruiter. It lasted around 30 minutes. I was told that it would be recommended that I go through second round of phone interviews.

Second interview was a positive experience lasting approximately 1 hour. Questions were behavioral and situational. I was told that I would be eocommended to go through 3rd phase of interview process...this would most likely be a panel interview with several hiring managers.

Received call in order to set up this interview....date has yet to be confirmed.

Interview Questions
    • The only difficulty I experienced with regards to the interview questions was that it was over the phone. Face-to-face scenarios provide candidates with an opportunity to build rapport, and make that personal connection.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2010.

I had 2 interviews, one with management and one with existing employees. Then I had a phone interview with senior management. The interview with management was behavioral in nature. The phone interview was where I was offered the job and I attempted to negotiate the salary at that point. They were not willing to consider any additional salary or bonus.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was if a peer was not performing the requirements of the job and making mistakes what would you do?   Answer Question
    They were unwilling to negotiate.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!