Charles Schwab Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 22, 2015

3.1

Grant Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 people. Attire is business casual but dress extra professional for interview. Bring copies of resume in case they don't have it on hand. Make sure to bring one for yourself so you can reference as they ask you questions about your past experience. Even though interviews are intimidating, Be confident and show them that you're a good fit for the job! Most likely to be interview in panel format.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience.   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with stress ?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about an experience when you had an upset customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview process went very smoothly. Applied online and got a call from HR recruiter for an initial phone screen. After that, had a call with the head of the team I applied for to talk about my experience and why I was interested in financial services. Lastly, brought in for an all day, in-office interview to speak with various people from around the firm and the rest of team that I applied for. Heard back within 2 week.

Interview Questions

• Why financial services? Why Schwab? Why did you leave your last job? Do you know anyone in San Francisco? Case question was asked.   Answer Question

SchwabAcademy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process went on for about six months. After applying through the company website I was contacted by a recruiter for a screening interview. Following the phone interview I did not hear anything from the recruiter about next steps for two months after I had reached out several times. Eventually I was selected for an interview with the hiring manager, and the interview was also over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a challenge you have faced and what you did to over come this problem in your recent experience   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

4 Technical Interviews 30 minutes each. They briefed me about the company, about the position. They digged into my experience with technology and asked me technical questions on unix, and other softwares they were recruiting for. The position was to handle marketing automation tools, so I was asked questions on Unica , Adobe and other products in the market and their technical functionalities.

Interview Questions

• how would you delete the log files older than x days in shell script   1 Answer

Database Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I had three phone calls before meeting the team in person. Two phone calls were with two managers and the third was a technical test over the phone with my manager. I then flew out to San Francisco for seven interviews with the team.

Interview Questions

• Overall, there wasn't anything terribly unexpected or difficult. Standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existant

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The position came to my attention as a referral from a colleague who had worked a Charles Schwab. She put me in contact with her friend who in turn put me in contact with the hiring manager. I had a phone interview with HR which went very well. She was very nice and asked basic questions about my work history and my style of organization. After the interview was complete I was schedule to have another phone interview with a manager within the department. He was out of San Diego but worked closely with the San Francisco office. It lasted about 45 minutes. He was also very nice. Third I was scheduled to have a panel interview with the two EVP's that I would be supporting and their current assistant. This lasted about 3 hours. All of the questions were about my history and also what if's. They wanted to know how I would work with others and what I would do if someone tried to "pull rank" to go against the directors' wishes. Overall everyone was very nice and it was an enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a process that could be improved, but the senior staff liked the way it was done, how would you move forward?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

First there is phone screening with human resource recruiter, asking generic questions about my job experience and skill sets to make sure it fits the job description. Then there is the phone interview with the hiring manager which goes deeper into the resume items and there were questions on items that were of special interest to him. Finally, there were in-person interviews with 6 people (including hiring manager).

Interview Questions

• A technical question was asked about the SQL needed to address a specific problem statement and was expected to give the exact syntax for the solution   Answer Question

Program Manager Community Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter who expressed interest in my resume. The recruiter scheduled a 30 minute phone interview to discuss my qualifications further. The recruiter informed me that my information was being forwarded to the hiring manager. I have yet to receive any further contact.

Senior Manager, Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Overall it was a normal process. Met 8 people in total spread out in two afternoons. The questions they asked are all what expected for a analytics position.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer with the most seniority (VP) expressed concern over my relatively shorter tenure ( average of 2-3 years) from my previous jobs, although I have been with my current company for almost 4 years. Not surprising, since the range of tenure among the 8 people I met is 8 to 25 years. Don't know if long tenure is CS culture, but at least in this department it is.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Note: this was for a contract position. I had a phone screen with a person at my level and also a managing director. Then I went in for an in-person interview. I was required to answer a large amount of questions and provide writing samples in the interview (and I was given less than 24 hours to complete the "homework"). One hour after I left the interview, I received an email asking if I wanted the contract.

Interview Questions

• Overall there was no difficult question but the interview "homework" I was expected to complete was rather tedious. I was required to look at their website and their YouTube channel and develop a strategy around their retirement products.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations as this was a contract with an hourly wage.