Charles Schwab

Updated Sep 2, 2014

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Database Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2014.

I had three phone calls before meeting the team in person. Two phone calls were with two managers and the third was a technical test over the phone with my manager. I then flew out to San Francisco for seven interviews with the team.

Interview Questions
    • Overall, there wasn't anything terribly unexpected or difficult. Standard questions.   Answer Question
    Non-existant

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

The position came to my attention as a referral from a colleague who had worked a Charles Schwab. She put me in contact with her friend who in turn put me in contact with the hiring manager. I had a phone interview with HR which went very well. She was very nice and asked basic questions about my work history and my style of organization. After the interview was complete I was schedule to have another phone interview with a manager within the department. He was out of San Diego but worked closely with the San Francisco office. It lasted about 45 minutes. He was also very nice. Third I was scheduled to have a panel interview with the two EVP's that I would be supporting and their current assistant. This lasted about 3 hours. All of the questions were about my history and also what if's. They wanted to know how I would work with others and what I would do if someone tried to "pull rank" to go against the directors' wishes. Overall everyone was very nice and it was an enjoyable process.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw a process that could be improved, but the senior staff liked the way it was done, how would you move forward?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2013.

First there is phone screening with human resource recruiter, asking generic questions about my job experience and skill sets to make sure it fits the job description. Then there is the phone interview with the hiring manager which goes deeper into the resume items and there were questions on items that were of special interest to him. Finally, there were in-person interviews with 6 people (including hiring manager).

Interview Questions
    • A technical question was asked about the SQL needed to address a specific problem statement and was expected to give the exact syntax for the solution   Answer Question

Program Manager Community Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Received a phone call from a recruiter who expressed interest in my resume. The recruiter scheduled a 30 minute phone interview to discuss my qualifications further. The recruiter informed me that my information was being forwarded to the hiring manager. I have yet to receive any further contact.

Senior Manager, Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2013.

Overall it was a normal process. Met 8 people in total spread out in two afternoons. The questions they asked are all what expected for a analytics position.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer with the most seniority (VP) expressed concern over my relatively shorter tenure ( average of 2-3 years) from my previous jobs, although I have been with my current company for almost 4 years. Not surprising, since the range of tenure among the 8 people I met is 8 to 25 years. Don't know if long tenure is CS culture, but at least in this department it is.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charles Schwab in November 2012.

Note: this was for a contract position. I had a phone screen with a person at my level and also a managing director. Then I went in for an in-person interview. I was required to answer a large amount of questions and provide writing samples in the interview (and I was given less than 24 hours to complete the "homework"). One hour after I left the interview, I received an email asking if I wanted the contract.

Interview Questions
    • Overall there was no difficult question but the interview "homework" I was expected to complete was rather tedious. I was required to look at their website and their YouTube channel and develop a strategy around their retirement products.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations as this was a contract with an hourly wage.

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2012.

Applied through Charles Schwab website for the role. Was contacted within a month for a phone screening by HR. HR sent an email requesting my availability and I replied. The phone screening was set to last 30 minutes. It was very structured. The recruiter simply went down a list of questions and you had to answer accordingly. Was tole that my responses along with my resume would be forwarded to the hiring manager. luckily i wasn't left hanging and received an email a day or so later that they didn't want to move forward

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2012.

Applied at the corporate website online, on the day the job first posted on Indeed.com (link directed me to Schwab's internal site). Position was for the SF corporate office. Within one week received call from recruiter in AZ office to setup initial phone screening with recruiter. Initial screening interview with recruiter was in-depth, over an hour long, and focused on technical abilities, management skills, specific challenges and successes. Called back within two weeks by administrator in SF to setup in-person interview with hiring manager 1 on 1. Within one month was called back into SF office for a 360 interview with 2 peer managers and 1 departing manager. One month's time elapsed after that interview, and was called back into SF for 1 on 1 interview with a direct report to the position. Another 4 weeks passed, and was called by recruiter in AZ indicating I was selected as their desired candidate and would receive an offer after passing a thorough background check. Application for background check was about 12 pages of information, and took 4-1/2 weeks to complete. During the discovery process I received the opportunity to comment/explain items found on credit report. After a total of about 3-1/2 months from first applying, I received the offer letter and accepted the position.

Good offer, no negotiation necessary. Accepted immediately.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2012.

I applied for a Senior Marketing Manager position for their small retirement accounts. Within a week, the HR department sent me an email requesting a date and time to interview. The interview questions were the same situational questions most companies are applying in the interview process, which are for example: tell me a time when a supervisor criticized you unfairly, and how it made you feel.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2012.

Interview process consisted of Phone screen by Sr Recruiter about resume, why the move, why Schwab. She sold me Schwab quite a bit. Then a half day on site interview with 5 executives. 1) Tell me about yourself 2) Mini case on Fixed cost fumble in the newly proposed segmentation. This one confused since she was expecting to find a bug in the new segmentation instead of how to increase lagging segment revenue which was my understanding. 3) what is your leadership style; how would you block an executive throwing a major project on a Friday PM with a Monday deadline and one of your direct is going camping on monday. 4) How would you fire someone and how do you then communicate to your team immediately after 5) what three questions would you ask mr schawab if you were given a lunch meeting with him.

Interview Questions
    • why are you not a schwab customer. if yes, then what do you like about us.   Answer Question