Charles Schwab

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was on phone, second interview was in person

Interview Question – How would you handle an employee who refuses suggestions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Senior Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details – Since our team worked closely with other business partners, the Interview process included people from other departments who we would most likely work with. This was so they could gauge how well you would work with the partner. This part was actually enlightening because it gave an early sense of what the job involved.

The hiring process can be a little slow due to background checks and time needed for feedback.

Interview Question – How many gallons of gas do Californians use a day.   Answer Question

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details – Three interviews - first with hiring Director, second with peer Director in sister department, and third with department VP. Created a business plan with 30-120 day objectives. Ghosted with department extensively before interview. Interviewed several team members about pros & cons of group. *Important: ask about hiring managers before you have the first interview. Ask questions that relate personally to them and their department.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you failed in an initiative or project. What did you learn and how have you improved?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating is possible for internal employees.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied at the corporate website online, on the day the job first posted on Indeed.com (link directed me to Schwab's internal site). Position was for the SF corporate office. Within one week received call from recruiter in AZ office to setup initial phone screening with recruiter. Initial screening interview with recruiter was in-depth, over an hour long, and focused on technical abilities, management skills, specific challenges and successes. Called back within two weeks by administrator in SF to setup in-person interview with hiring manager 1 on 1. Within one month was called back into SF office for a 360 interview with 2 peer managers and 1 departing manager. One month's time elapsed after that interview, and was called back into SF for 1 on 1 interview with a direct report to the position. Another 4 weeks passed, and was called by recruiter in AZ indicating I was selected as their desired candidate and would receive an offer after passing a thorough background check. Application for background check was about 12 pages of information, and took 4-1/2 weeks to complete. During the discovery process I received the opportunity to comment/explain items found on credit report. After a total of about 3-1/2 months from first applying, I received the offer letter and accepted the position.

Negotiation Details – Good offer, no negotiation necessary. Accepted immediately.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2010.

Interview Details – Found out by checking the website that the job had been filled. Poor communication by both HR and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest concern about this job?   View Answer
  • Give me 5 single words to describe your character.   View Answer

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2011.

Interview Details – Phone and several in person interviews. The company likes 360 interviews meaning that subordinates get to participate in the interview process of supervisor candidates.

Interview Question – None I can remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good if you prepare.

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in December 2009.

Interview Details – i applied online at the company's website and was contacted by an internal recruiter about 3-4 weeks later. I spent over an hour on the phone with an HR recruiter to discuss my background and how it fits with the role. The hiring manager then contacted me and we ha a 1 hour interview where we discussed my background and the role.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years   Answer Question

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!