Charles Schwab Senior Manager Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was on phone, second interview was in person

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who refuses suggestions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Since our team worked closely with other business partners, the Interview process included people from other departments who we would most likely work with. This was so they could gauge how well you would work with the partner. This part was actually enlightening because it gave an early sense of what the job involved. The hiring process can be a little slow due to background checks and time needed for feedback.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Three interviews - first with hiring Director, second with peer Director in sister department, and third with department VP. Created a business plan with 30-120 day objectives. Ghosted with department extensively before interview. Interviewed several team members about pros & cons of group. *Important: ask about hiring managers before you have the first interview. Ask questions that relate personally to them and their department.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you failed in an initiative or project. What did you learn and how have you improved?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating is possible for internal employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied at the corporate website online, on the day the job first posted on Indeed.com (link directed me to Schwab's internal site). Position was for the SF corporate office. Within one week received call from recruiter in AZ office to setup initial phone screening with recruiter. Initial screening interview with recruiter was in-depth, over an hour long, and focused on technical abilities, management skills, specific challenges and successes. Called back within two weeks by administrator in SF to setup in-person interview with hiring manager 1 on 1. Within one month was called back into SF office for a 360 interview with 2 peer managers and 1 departing manager. One month's time elapsed after that interview, and was called back into SF for 1 on 1 interview with a direct report to the position. Another 4 weeks passed, and was called by recruiter in AZ indicating I was selected as their desired candidate and would receive an offer after passing a thorough background check. Application for background check was about 12 pages of information, and took 4-1/2 weeks to complete. During the discovery process I received the opportunity to comment/explain items found on credit report. After a total of about 3-1/2 months from first applying, I received the offer letter and accepted the position.

Negotiation

Good offer, no negotiation necessary. Accepted immediately.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Found out by checking the website that the job had been filled. Poor communication by both HR and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest concern about this job?   1 Answer
    • Give me 5 single words to describe your character.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2011.

Interview

Phone and several in person interviews. The company likes 360 interviews meaning that subordinates get to participate in the interview process of supervisor candidates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good if you prepare.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Charles Schwab in December 2009.

Interview

i applied online at the company's website and was contacted by an internal recruiter about 3-4 weeks later. I spent over an hour on the phone with an HR recruiter to discuss my background and how it fits with the role. The hiring manager then contacted me and we ha a 1 hour interview where we discussed my background and the role.