Charles Schwab

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring manager has more influence over the decision than the consensus of a group but be careful of how much 'gloss' it is presented during the 'courting' period. If the manager wants your skills bad enough, a lot of the unexpected shortfalls will be glossed over. Typical for marketing, only the good side will be shown to persuade one to view things with a rosy glass. Questions such as, "tell me about your goals," "how would you contribute," etc.

Interview Question – it was a straight forward interview without hard-hitting questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for salary upside so start at a high point of the position range

Senior Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2014.

Interview Details – phone screening with several folks before in-person. be prepared to get on board with company 'culture' and ask questions about it.

Interview Question – make sure you are aligned with the 'culture' or you won't move on.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charles Schwab in November 2012.

Interview Details – Note: this was for a contract position. I had a phone screen with a person at my level and also a managing director. Then I went in for an in-person interview. I was required to answer a large amount of questions and provide writing samples in the interview (and I was given less than 24 hours to complete the "homework"). One hour after I left the interview, I received an email asking if I wanted the contract.

Interview Question – Overall there was no difficult question but the interview "homework" I was expected to complete was rather tedious. I was required to look at their website and their YouTube channel and develop a strategy around their retirement products.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations as this was a contract with an hourly wage.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for a Senior Marketing Manager position for their small retirement accounts. Within a week, the HR department sent me an email requesting a date and time to interview. The interview questions were the same situational questions most companies are applying in the interview process, which are for example: tell me a time when a supervisor criticized you unfairly, and how it made you feel.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in December 2009.

Interview Details – Schwab is a good company, and at the SF HQ, they generally takes pretty good care of interviewees. The challenge is that they often have so many candidates for a role, you may never hear back how you did, although they do sometimes send an automated email follow-up. I'm optimistic that should I be a good match with them (and have the opportunity to make a good connection with the actual hiring manager), I'd be a good fit in their Marketing team.

Interview Question – How important would it be for you to have your license?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Charles Schwab

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charles Schwab Senior Marketing Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Charles Schwab employees and interview candidates.