Charles Schwab Senior Marketing Manager Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2014.

Interview

phone screening with several folks before in-person. be prepared to get on board with company 'culture' and ask questions about it.

Interview Questions

• make sure you are aligned with the 'culture' or you won't move on.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Note: this was for a contract position. I had a phone screen with a person at my level and also a managing director. Then I went in for an in-person interview. I was required to answer a large amount of questions and provide writing samples in the interview (and I was given less than 24 hours to complete the "homework"). One hour after I left the interview, I received an email asking if I wanted the contract.

Interview Questions

• Overall there was no difficult question but the interview "homework" I was expected to complete was rather tedious. I was required to look at their website and their YouTube channel and develop a strategy around their retirement products.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations as this was a contract with an hourly wage.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied for a Senior Marketing Manager position for their small retirement accounts. Within a week, the HR department sent me an email requesting a date and time to interview. The interview questions were the same situational questions most companies are applying in the interview process, which are for example: tell me a time when a supervisor criticized you unfairly, and how it made you feel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

The hiring manager has more influence over the decision than the consensus of a group but be careful of how much 'gloss' it is presented during the 'courting' period. If the manager wants your skills bad enough, a lot of the unexpected shortfalls will be glossed over. Typical for marketing, only the good side will be shown to persuade one to view things with a rosy glass. Questions such as, "tell me about your goals," "how would you contribute," etc.

Interview Questions

• it was a straight forward interview without hard-hitting questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no room for salary upside so start at a high point of the position range

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Schwab is a good company, and at the SF HQ, they generally takes pretty good care of interviewees. The challenge is that they often have so many candidates for a role, you may never hear back how you did, although they do sometimes send an automated email follow-up. I'm optimistic that should I be a good match with them (and have the opportunity to make a good connection with the actual hiring manager), I'd be a good fit in their Marketing team.

Interview Questions

• How important would it be for you to have your license?   1 Answer