Charley's Grilled Subs

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Charley's Grilled Subs

Cashier/Cook Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Charley's Grilled Subs.

Nothing serious, just basic questions about yourself and why you want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • What would you rate first? Cleanliness, service, quality, and why?   Answer Question

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charley's Grilled Subs in April 2014.

contacted via email by the "president" of a new concept similar to Chipotle that Charley's was attempting to open, set up a one on one interview at the corporate office which is in town. Met with the president and had a great interview, even had a few moments of "personal similarity" type things that made me feel a personal connection with the hiring manager/president. I was told that I would hear something in a week or so. I never heard another word, even after calling and emailing with the information that I was given by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Our atmosphere is very upbeat, how would you make that happen?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Charley's Grilled Subs in November 2013.

It was a basic hiring process. I filled out an application in the store, the workers liked me so they recommended me. The owner herself called me few days after to schedule the interview. I arrived there during the opening hours of the store and the manager came out and started the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The question had something dealing with family.   View Answer
    The only thing was that they had to schedule me around my own schedule that I already had.

Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Marsh, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Marsh, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Charley's Grilled Subs in March 2013.

I applied online for the position on the same day that the job listing went up. I got a call the very next day to come in for an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early for my interview and the manager took me back right away. She didn't really ask many questions, mainly wanted to know my availability, transportation, and educational/work history. She then went over the menu with me and told me to take it home to look at it, giving me her e-mail and saying she would be in touch within two days.

Interview Questions
    • I really wasn't asked any difficult questions. Many of the questions were very basic and revolved mainly around my availability and method of transportation to and from work.   Answer Question
    I got an e-mail from the manager two days after the interview telling me to start Monday. She gave me my hours for the first day, told me what I needed to wear while I waited for my uniform to come in, and said I would get the rest of my schedule when I came in for my first day of work.

Grill Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Charley's Grilled Subs in August 2012.

Asked me unrelated questions. Told me I was wearing the wrong colors. Talked about himself most of the time. Asked a few questions about how I would handle certain situations. Seemed to be very interested in past jobs and experience. Asked me why I wanted to work there and what I liked about Charleys when I had earlier told him I had never been to one, since there were none in the area and this one was barley opening. Other then that really strange interview.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me what I would do if a customer got upset and there was no negotiating.
      '

Answer Question
    Told me he would notify me within 24 hours called me two days later at 1130pm. Said to come in the next day at 10am

Shift Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charley's Grilled Subs in May 2012.

Applied 2 weeks prior to interview. Went in did the interview with the Indian owners was hired on the spot. Started training at Florida mall location. Owners were really nice people and were willing to work with class schedule.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charley's Grilled Subs in June 2011.

I was asked by the store manager to come back the next day to speak with the owner. The owner I this wonderful old man. He asked a variety questions about character. He uses metaphor to communate his ideas.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know why my employees are more like a tree than a bush?   View Answer
    Very short. There is little room for negotiation of pay in food service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charley's Grilled Subs in March 2011.

I talked to the manager/owner of the resteraunt. It was a 1:1 interview that last a little less than an hour. He asked me if I ever came to the store, what experience did I have, and what type of personality I had. Also an important question is "What do you think is good customer service?".

Interview Questions
    • What do you think good customer service is?   View Answer