Charlotte Russe

Average Difficulty
91 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in January 2012.

Interview Details – I walked in ten minutes early and was asked to wait for the other girls. It was 3 more girls and 1 guy. We walked outside of the store into some couches which I thought it was very weird. He asked the WEIRDEST questions that had NOTHING to do with the store. I disliked everything about the interview, I will NEVER apply at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Question – What is the biggest Kingdom thing you have made?

Tell me about yourself?

Do you have any boyfriends/girlfriends?
  Answer Question

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Merchandise Coordinator
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Details – First they called me for a short phone interview with HR, we just went over my resume. Then, I went to the HQ for a 1:1interview with 3 people from the department. It was a very average interview, no hard questions, more like a mutual conversation.

Interview Question – Very average questions   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Details – Interview with Store Manager, District Manager, and another store Manager in the District. All together it is a 3 round interview process.

Negotiation Details – It was very fair on their part.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the regional manager before being promoted to store manager. It was an internal promotion (I was already the assistant manager) so I did not have to interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – What is one thing about yourself that you wish you could improve?   Answer Question

Seasonal Interview

Seasonal

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very laid back, group interview. Asked about a handful of questions. Awnsered humbly and asked the interviewer about herself at the end. Got offered the job 2 days later.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
San Marcos, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in October 2010.

Interview Details – My former district manager had mentioned that Charlotte Russe was looking for managers so I contacted the district manager to show my interest and to set up an interview. I had two one on one interviews, first with the district manager, the second with another store manager. The first interview was on a bench outside the store in the mall. I was in a button down shirt and nice slacks and felt a little over dressed since the district manager was wearing leggings and a longer shirt. My second interview was in the office of the second store I interviewed at and again on ky sweater and nice slacks was dressed up more than the store manager who was wearing jeans, a tshirt and vest. From both interviews I got the idea that the company was starting a new, positive direction and that they were focused but pretty casual in their style.

Interview Question – How do you think you would adjust to working in a lower position that you are currently in?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary and was able to get the number I was asking for. I had previous experience above the position I was applying for and the plan was for me to advance to my own store within a few months, so I had good reason for getting what I asked for.

Hattiesburg, MS

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in May 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an application in person in the store. I received a call about doing an interview a few days later.

I showed up at the interview for 9 a.m. that morning. There were about 3 or 4 other girls waiting to be interviewed at the same time. We were waiting and 15 min went by then 30, then 45... No one showed up until about 9:45 and it was the store manager. Apparently the assistant manager was supposed to be there to interview us but overslept or whatever. I was already unimpressed but wanted to go through with the interview because I already waited.

The store manager interviewed us all at one time. We were just asked basic questions about fashion, customer service, etc . We also had to pick out an outfit for a girl's birthday and explain why we chose that outfit. The interview probably lasted about an hour. I was called back the same night being asked to come in the next day. I came in the next day and he said that he had contacted my references and that I was highly recommended. He asked me a few last questions and offered me a job. I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was negotiation as this is a minimum wage job.

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Details – Group interview and a group orientation a week after. Ask's about goals, plans, past experiences regarding leadership, etc. Usually 8-10 girls during the group interview and during the group orientation, they only accepted about 4 girls. Only the manager is asking questions.

Interview Question – What mistakes have you made in the past and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in September 2008.

Interview Details – first interview with store manager and second interview with district manager.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better salary offer from another company

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Antioch, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the training manager to interview that same day for in person. Then later called for a phone interview 3 days later. Next I did a 3rd interview and I am still waiting for outcome.

Interview Questions

Worked for Charlotte Russe? Contribute to the Community!