Charlotte Russe

Average Difficulty
90 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in March 2012.

Interview Details – I turned in an application around January, and they called me around March to do an interview with them. I didn't know it was a group interview so I was intimidated knowing I didn't have any experiences yet. The manager asked us in order, and we answered orderly. After that she took all of us in into the store and told us to plan an outfit and sell it to them. I'm pretty in touch with the fashion side so it wasn't hard for me. They want to see if you can sell, what kind of personality you have and also if you have fashion sense. After like 10 minutes into walking out of the store, they called me right away telling me I was hired.

This was from our old manager, when we had a new one, she didn't do all of those things anymore. She did one on one interviews with people who have retail experience.

Interview Question – What your experiences are, what you can contribute/do to help the store, how you're going to assist the customers.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Torrance, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in September 2013.

Interview Details – no interview , was referred to

Interview Question – wasnt really difficult had a prior interview in another company   Answer Question

Counter Supervisor Interview

Counter Supervisor

Interviewed at Charlotte Russe

Interview Details – Had one interview with store manager in a group setting

Interview Question – There wasn't a tough question, just wanted to see how we dealt with difficult situations and our customer service skills   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder
San Bruno, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in June 2012.

Interview Details – At the Charlotte Russe in San Bruno, California, I was interviewed as soon as I handed in my application. The questions were typical for an interview in retail - about your style, personal experiences with customer service that you gave or received, etc. Unfortunately I was a month away from being 18, but the manager promised me I could start working the day after my birthday. She later on told me she was willing to do this because I was dressed very stylish (I think I wore a polk-a-dot top, body con skirt, knee high socks, flats) - so dress to impress.

Interview Question – What is your favorite trend at the moment?
Which celebrity's fashion sense inspires you?
Best/worst customer service
  Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very scattered, not organized and forced smiles.

Interview Question – None. It was very redundant asking the same things repetitively. The District Manager was the one interviewing me that day.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Culture, ethics and fit. The DM was very critical and was more interested in venting about upper management than rather telling me about the company.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed in a group with all the other applicants. The manager was hiring for the holidays and was clearly overwhelmed. We were all hired on the spot.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Details – Standard

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with ambiguity. what was the situation and how did you work through it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – DM offered me great compensation to fix a broken store

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Charlotte Russe

Interview Details – After turning in my application I received a call about a week later, I was invited to the interview. They had a group interview. Pretty professional.

Interview Question – The only semi difficult question was at the end of the interview, you had to sell an outfit to the manager who was interviewing you, and make up a story to go along with it.   View Answer

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in July 2013.

Interview Details – I went to the store on a Sunday and was told to come back during the week for an application and to speak to a manager. I returned the next day and the store manager happened to be there. I took an application, filled it out and returned it right away. She asked me a few questions on the spot. " Whos my fashion icons" " What does customer service mean to me" " Where do I look to for new fashion trends" She asked me to come for a group interview the next day. The interview process was really laid back. It was about 7 girls. The office was to small to hold all of us , so we sat in the food court. The manager asked a 3 questions. We were told to answer freely. If we didn't have an answer we didnt have to respond. I previously worked at Forever 21 and it was easy for me to respond to the questions from my previous experience. It was a really comfortable setting . It didn't feel like we were competing against one another , more like we were sitting around just talking with friends. But I tried to really show my personality, outspoken, friendly , smiled alot , made contact, make them laugh etc. The interview ended and were told we would hear back from them within the next few days to meet with the store manager if they were interested. They called me the folowing day for the 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was also a very chill setting, it was the store manager and I. She pretty much asked the same questions again " What does customer service mean to me" " Explain a time that I fixed a mistake " "Explain a time where i had to leave work early" " Explain a time when an employee was stealing" Etc. She explained the position to me and told me that she would call my references. I was really worried that my references screwed me ovr and applied to more stores. I even applied to the another charlotte russe in another mall and had an interview. This interview was a group interview as well. They pretty much asked the same questions. And then we were told to "sell" an item we were wearing to the manager . I fet really uneasy about this interview and continued to apply to places. About 2 days after the interview (4 days after 2nd interview with original cr) the original cr i applied to offered me a position. :) I had orientation Yesterday and am excited to start. My only issue is that the pay is almost a dollar less than F21 was paying me. It may not seem like alot but that dollar adds up. But besides that im excited

Interview Question – Where do you look to for fashion idea.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation , minimum wage

Green Acres, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in October 2012.

Interview Details – I went to Charlotte Russe last summer in person to fill out an application, at the time they weren't hiring and I received a phone call to set up and interview about a month later. The interview process consisted of two stages, first an initial group interview, then one with the store manager.
Overall the group interview was a positive experience, it provided a very friendly and comforting feel,The group interview really helps you know where you stand against your competition.
The one on one with the current store manager also provided the same vibe. In this interview its more to see if you have a fashion sense, they asked who is your celeb fashion inspiration, and also requested you make an outfit. When it come to any store I usually compose an outfit similar to what you see in their display window. Also the rule of five works well ( five items to an outfit such as accessories and layering).
The next day I was called back to work.

Interview Question – Who's your fashion inspiration?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation if you have no pior experience.