Charlotte Russe Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.0

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Understanding the Charlotte Russe Brand. Knowing how to speak to the needs of the business. Knowing that you are leader and that as a leader you understand how to multi-task. Do you understand conversion? Do you understand what your strengths and opportunities are?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charlotte Russe (Corona, CA).

Interview

Saw a sign that they were hiring so I came in a couple weeks later to turn in an application. I asked to speak with a manager and she told me they have group interviews every week and she would give me a call. Almost exactly a week later on a Monday I received a call from a manager that asked me to come in for an interview on Wednesday. I came prepared for a group interview and turns out it was just me. She took me to the back of the store, asked me about my past retail jobs, and then asked a few questions she was reading off cards. Questions concerning time management, multi tasking, and dealing with issues and how I would resolve it. Was in and out of there within 15 minutes. After calling my references, she gave me a call about 30 minutes later and offered me the position. I came in that Friday for training. I had a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• What would your former manager say about you? What is a time where you had an issue and how did you resolve it? When is a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was offered minimum wage and told I would work an average of 6-9 hours a week and 15 over holiday. That was fine with me and I accepted the offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

I dropped off an application on a Thursday and was told to come in on Monday for a group interview. In my interview group there were less than ten people, they had us introduce ourselves and answer some basic questions. A few days later I was called back and offered a job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

I applied in store at Charlotte Russe and that same week I received a call from the assistant manager for an interview. The position was seasonal, so there was a group interview with me and about 10 other girls. The store manager took us to the stock room in the back, which was kind of cramped and we sat in some deformed circle. She asked us a question and she went around the room as each of is gave our answers. I was always last thankfully, so I got to work off everyone else's answers. I believe the entire process of waiting and answering questions took about 45mins to an hour.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

easy and fun it was a group interview which involved listening to others answers as well. Management at the time was very outgoing and made it seem that working there was going to be one of the best experiences yet.

Negotiation

not much of a negotiation but i needed a job badly

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

Turned in my application and got a call a few days later asking if I can come in for an interview the following Sunday. It was a group interview with five other people, simple questions. I actually didn't feel as though I did that well, but I got a call back in a day or two telling me to come in for new employee orientation. Most of the girls from my interview got hired in fact.

Interview Questions

• Really nothing was that difficult - questions about what fashion means to you, how you would deal with unruly customers, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Charlotte Russe (Rochester, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I went into Charlotte Russe originally just to shop, as i was cashing out i asked for a application just so they can have my name on file. I Filled the app out and handed it back that same day, and was offered a scheduled interview on the spot. I went in for my interview, it was a group interview (of course) myself, 2 other girls, and a guy. We each took turns answering questions and asking as well. My interview was on Thursday, i received a call with the job offer on the following monday.

Interview Questions

• None, The interview is really easy and chilled. Depending on your confidence level within groups. Very typical questions. "why do you want to work for Charlotte Russe?" "If you had a issue with a co-worker how would you handle it?" . . simple.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

Was invited for an interview the day after i applied in person. It was a group interview with 4 other girls and we were interviewed by the manager. she had a list of questions written down and chose random ones. Asked about past experience, school, etc. Thought the interview was fun and easy but i didn't get the job.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

I interviewed with the regional manager before being promoted to store manager. It was an internal promotion (I was already the assistant manager) so I did not have to interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing about yourself that you wish you could improve?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

This was a group interview so I made sure I looked fashionable and went with the store's style. There were 6 of us, but I was in a group of 4 and the other 2 were a group on their own. So us 4 girls got interviewed by one manager and I seemed really confident bc I was the only one with prior job experience and my application compared to the other girls was the only one completely filled out. So as I was walking out of the interview, they tell me and some other girl to stay. It was really awkward for the other girls hearing this, but I guess I had made it to the 2nd round. So since 2 girls left it was me in a group of 4 again and we finally get interviewed by the 2nd manager. I was so sure that I was going to get called but as we were walking out, they asked some girl to stay. I was so shocked because that was the same girl who said her weakness was being lazy and had no references and didn't even know what seasonal meant. So I don't mind that CR didn't hire me, apparently they're just looking for lazy people.