Charlotte Russe Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.0

Counter Supervisor Interview

Had one interview with store manager in a group setting

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a tough question, just wanted to see how we dealt with difficult situations and our customer service skills   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bruno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in June 2012.

At the Charlotte Russe in San Bruno, California, I was interviewed as soon as I handed in my application. The questions were typical for an interview in retail - about your style, personal experiences with customer service that you gave or received, etc. Unfortunately I was a month away from being 18, but the manager promised me I could start working the day after my birthday. She later on told me she was willing to do this because I was dressed very stylish (I think I wore a polk-a-dot top, body con skirt, knee high socks, flats) - so dress to impress.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite trend at the moment?
      Which celebrity's fashion sense inspires you?
      Best/worst customer service
        Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in August 2012.

Very scattered, not organized and forced smiles.

Interview Questions
    • None. It was very redundant asking the same things repetitively. The District Manager was the one interviewing me that day.   Answer Question

Culture, ethics and fit. The DM was very critical and was more interested in venting about upper management than rather telling me about the company.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in November 2009.

I was interviewed in a group with all the other applicants. The manager was hiring for the holidays and was clearly overwhelmed. We were all hired on the spot.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Standard

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with ambiguity. what was the situation and how did you work through it?   Answer Question
    DM offered me great compensation to fix a broken store

Cashier Interview

After turning in my application I received a call about a week later, I was invited to the interview. They had a group interview. Pretty professional.

Interview Questions
    • The only semi difficult question was at the end of the interview, you had to sell an outfit to the manager who was interviewing you, and make up a story to go along with it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in July 2013.

I went to the store on a Sunday and was told to come back during the week for an application and to speak to a manager. I returned the next day and the store manager happened to be there. I took an application, filled it out and returned it right away. She asked me a few questions on the spot. " Whos my fashion icons" " What does customer service mean to me" " Where do I look to for new fashion trends" She asked me to come for a group interview the next day. The interview process was really laid back. It was about 7 girls. The office was to small to hold all of us , so we sat in the food court. The manager asked a 3 questions. We were told to answer freely. If we didn't have an answer we didnt have to respond. I previously worked at Forever 21 and it was easy for me to respond to the questions from my previous experience. It was a really comfortable setting . It didn't feel like we were competing against one another , more like we were sitting around just talking with friends. But I tried to really show my personality, outspoken, friendly , smiled alot , made contact, make them laugh etc. The interview ended and were told we would hear back from them within the next few days to meet with the store manager if they were interested. They called me the folowing day for the 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was also a very chill setting, it was the store manager and I. She pretty much asked the same questions again " What does customer service mean to me" " Explain a time that I fixed a mistake " "Explain a time where i had to leave work early" " Explain a time when an employee was stealing" Etc. She explained the position to me and told me that she would call my references. I was really worried that my references screwed me ovr and applied to more stores. I even applied to the another charlotte russe in another mall and had an interview. This interview was a group interview as well. They pretty much asked the same questions. And then we were told to "sell" an item we were wearing to the manager . I fet really uneasy about this interview and continued to apply to places. About 2 days after the interview (4 days after 2nd interview with original cr) the original cr i applied to offered me a position. :) I had orientation Yesterday and am excited to start. My only issue is that the pay is almost a dollar less than F21 was paying me. It may not seem like alot but that dollar adds up. But besides that im excited

Interview Questions
    • Where do you look to for fashion idea.   View Answer
    No negotiation , minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Green Acres, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Acres, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in October 2012.

I went to Charlotte Russe last summer in person to fill out an application, at the time they weren't hiring and I received a phone call to set up and interview about a month later. The interview process consisted of two stages, first an initial group interview, then one with the store manager.
    Overall the group interview was a positive experience, it provided a very friendly and comforting feel,The group interview really helps you know where you stand against your competition.
    The one on one with the current store manager also provided the same vibe. In this interview its more to see if you have a fashion sense, they asked who is your celeb fashion inspiration, and also requested you make an outfit. When it come to any store I usually compose an outfit similar to what you see in their display window. Also the rule of five works well ( five items to an outfit such as accessories and layering).
    The next day I was called back to work.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation if you have no pior experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peoria, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in July 2013.

Recently had a group interview with Charlotte Russe and it was poorly organized. The lady interviewing us was 15 minutes late then took us to the noisy food court in the mall to interview all 12 of us. She seemed very uninterested and bored in everyone's answers and was very rushed and said she'd only ask about 2 or 3 questions since she had to get back to the sales floor. It was basically, "Why do you want to work here?", "What can you bring to Charlotte Russe?", and "How do you prioritize things in your daily life?". After the interview she told us to NOT call the store and if they were interested in us, they would call and let us know to move on to further interviewing. If we called if was an automatic no. I'm still waiting to see if I get a call but she had another group of people too so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Two interviews, the first was a group interview, the second was just me and the manager, the interview was pretty easy, just your basic questions and afterwards we did role play and i had to sell and outfit for her, after that she told me i was hired.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "if i could have any super power what would it be and why?"   Answer Question