Charlotte Russe

41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Midland, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Details – I went to the store to turn in my job application, and the hiring manager happened to be there so she took me aside and asked a few questions. She asked basic questions: "Why do you want to work here?" "Are you comfortable talking to customers?" "How flexible is your schedule?"

Interview Question – Why do you think you deserve this job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Details – I saw that they were hiring for seasonal positions so I asked the manager for an application and filled it out in the store. The manager looked over my availability and then scheduled an interview three days from then. I went into the interview in a nice business skirt and a dressy top and accessorized since they do use your outfit as a part of the interview. It was a group interview with about 6 other girls but they split us into two groups and took us into the back. The interview itself consisted of questions that another manager read off of a card. The questions dealt with customer service and fashion and all of us took turns answering questions. Once it was done, they let you know if you moved on to the next round and we were kept in the back of the store. The next interview was one on one with a different manager. It was mostly personal questions. They hired me on the spot and put me down as permanent. Orientation came a week later.

Interview Question – Sell the outfit you're wearing right now.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, it was minimum wage.

Loveland, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Details – I came into the store and talked to the assistant manager as I turned in my application and resume. She skimmed through it and asked me why I wanted to work there and I told her about my passion for fashion. I got a call the following week and I came in for a personal interview with the same manager. She seemed very friendly and treated me as I was already one of them.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you saw a co worker break the rules and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The assistant manager called me to offer the job and said the pay was minimum wage and asked if I was okay with it. I agreed to it as I was desperate for a job.

Interviewed at Charlotte Russe

Interview Details – group interview....if qualified....second interview is putting you on the sales floor to see how you work with customers and in a fast paced setting if its busy.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Interviewed at Charlotte Russe

Interview Details – Went in and filled out and application. Got called in 1 week later. I was referred by the Assistant Manager

Interview Question – What would you if a potential group of shoplifters would come in the store?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in October 2013.

Interview Details – I saw a sign for a new store opening and applied at the Charlotte Russe in the mall. It took about a week to get am interview. The interview was three girls and the manager. She asked what is customer service, what do you look for when you shop and what trends do you like. The interview was very shirt and a few days later I was offered a position. The interview depends on the individual. I was just lucky to have a laid-back interviewer who only asked three questions and the rest just talked about off subject things. Just be yourself and contribute to the conversation and ask questions.

Interview Question – What trends/styles do you like?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation

Grandville, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in April 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call to come in the next day for my interview. I wore black skinny jeans, and a button down with a sweater, highlighted with a simple golden skull bracelet. The questions they asked me were basic interview questions, but my interviewer actually put away the scripted questions that he was supposed to ask me and just got to know me as a person. I think that only happened because we both happened to be gay men lol.

Interview Question – Describe your fashion and how does your fashion influence others?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in March 2012.

Interview Details – I turned in an application around January, and they called me around March to do an interview with them. I didn't know it was a group interview so I was intimidated knowing I didn't have any experiences yet. The manager asked us in order, and we answered orderly. After that she took all of us in into the store and told us to plan an outfit and sell it to them. I'm pretty in touch with the fashion side so it wasn't hard for me. They want to see if you can sell, what kind of personality you have and also if you have fashion sense. After like 10 minutes into walking out of the store, they called me right away telling me I was hired.

This was from our old manager, when we had a new one, she didn't do all of those things anymore. She did one on one interviews with people who have retail experience.

Interview Question – What your experiences are, what you can contribute/do to help the store, how you're going to assist the customers.   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in July 2013.

Interview Details – I went to the store on a Sunday and was told to come back during the week for an application and to speak to a manager. I returned the next day and the store manager happened to be there. I took an application, filled it out and returned it right away. She asked me a few questions on the spot. " Whos my fashion icons" " What does customer service mean to me" " Where do I look to for new fashion trends" She asked me to come for a group interview the next day. The interview process was really laid back. It was about 7 girls. The office was to small to hold all of us , so we sat in the food court. The manager asked a 3 questions. We were told to answer freely. If we didn't have an answer we didnt have to respond. I previously worked at Forever 21 and it was easy for me to respond to the questions from my previous experience. It was a really comfortable setting . It didn't feel like we were competing against one another , more like we were sitting around just talking with friends. But I tried to really show my personality, outspoken, friendly , smiled alot , made contact, make them laugh etc. The interview ended and were told we would hear back from them within the next few days to meet with the store manager if they were interested. They called me the folowing day for the 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was also a very chill setting, it was the store manager and I. She pretty much asked the same questions again " What does customer service mean to me" " Explain a time that I fixed a mistake " "Explain a time where i had to leave work early" " Explain a time when an employee was stealing" Etc. She explained the position to me and told me that she would call my references. I was really worried that my references screwed me ovr and applied to more stores. I even applied to the another charlotte russe in another mall and had an interview. This interview was a group interview as well. They pretty much asked the same questions. And then we were told to "sell" an item we were wearing to the manager . I fet really uneasy about this interview and continued to apply to places. About 2 days after the interview (4 days after 2nd interview with original cr) the original cr i applied to offered me a position. :) I had orientation Yesterday and am excited to start. My only issue is that the pay is almost a dollar less than F21 was paying me. It may not seem like alot but that dollar adds up. But besides that im excited

Interview Question – Where do you look to for fashion idea.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation , minimum wage

Green Acres, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in October 2012.

Interview Details – I went to Charlotte Russe last summer in person to fill out an application, at the time they weren't hiring and I received a phone call to set up and interview about a month later. The interview process consisted of two stages, first an initial group interview, then one with the store manager.
Overall the group interview was a positive experience, it provided a very friendly and comforting feel,The group interview really helps you know where you stand against your competition.
The one on one with the current store manager also provided the same vibe. In this interview its more to see if you have a fashion sense, they asked who is your celeb fashion inspiration, and also requested you make an outfit. When it come to any store I usually compose an outfit similar to what you see in their display window. Also the rule of five works well ( five items to an outfit such as accessories and layering).
The next day I was called back to work.

Interview Question – Who's your fashion inspiration?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation if you have no pior experience.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Charlotte Russe

Worked for Charlotte Russe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charlotte Russe Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by Charlotte Russe employees and interview candidates.