Charlotte Russe Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Charlotte Russe (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

I interviewed with a current manager at the time who worked there 4-5 yrs. (she left a year after I was hired) she was my most pleasant and professional experience there. The interview had normal retail scenario questions, what would you do- not do, etc. She kept a conversation with me outside of interview questions but maintained composure. It was a great interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a suspected shoplifting customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Charlotte Russe

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Charlotte Russe (Ontario, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

She wasn't planning on hiring anyone but, I got a phone call 3 days later. First impression is very important! She remember my name the day when I went to grab application and the day when I turn in my application witch took me 2 days. I also had a good conversation with the hiring Supervisor without knowing so when it came down to a group interview I wasn't nervous at all. The questions are super easy, she didn't ask me much since she already had some conversation with me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about loss prevention? The rest of the question is easy.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charlotte Russe (Tucson, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Group interview usually a group of 6 and the very first thing they say or actually warn the girls is that the job is very difficult. They say it is fast paced and a difficult job and you'll learn a lot by working there. It is very fast paced the job is difficult because the managers are difficult, and you'll learn that by working there you are entirely on your own expect for a few nice associates.

Interview Questions

• In your previous job or in life what mistake have you made and how'd you fix it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

I had a group interview with two other potential sales associates. I was asked two questions during the interview process. The experience was good overall and lasted about 20 minutes

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

After submitting my application I was called back for a group interview with about 6 other girls. They asked each of us general questions like why we wanted to work there and what experience we had. After about a week I was called back and was formally hired. One other girl was hired.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a customer whose personal style doesn't seem to fit the stores visual look.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charlotte Russe (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

I walked in and asked for a paper application, submitted it, was called back for an interview in the afternoon a few days after. It was a group interview with four other candidates, held in a sitting area in the mall, very casual and friendly. As the assistant manager conducting the interview said, she was "the realest," very down-to-earth and not intimidating. Company culture/store seems to be much this way also, but Charlotte Russe is of course a trendy, fashion forward young women's clothing store, which is how they expect you to present yourself as an employee. You are not required to wear Charlotte Russe clothing, but it helps to understand their style. I was in fact wearing one of their blouses that was probably among the most business casual than much of what they carry, but the assistant manager cautioned us against slacks since current street fashion is in the leggings/joggers realm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's a mall job, so you can expect minimum wage with chance for growth and raises when you do well, get reviewed, etc. It seemed we all lacked prior clothing retail experience and this wasn't a management position, so there's not really room to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charlotte Russe (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I was walking past and decided to go in and ask for an application. Since its seasonal time i know they would be hiring i got my application and walked out to fill it out i returned a few minutes later with a completed application and my resume. The assistant manager took my application and thanked me for applying. I really didnt think i would get a call because she looked a little busy i have a lot of retail experience but was nervous because if i did get a call i suck at group interviews (or so i thought lol....)

A few minutes after i walked out the mall literally 7 minutes! I got a call to come in the next day for a group interview i was excited and terrified all together because in a previous group interview at hollister i did horrible. So i went home and came on here of course to get an advantage and boy was i overwhelmed i thought wow these question are pretty much behavioral which i dont do too good on luckily i was not asked any yay!

I arrived early i was actually the first one there my outfit was super stand out ish if that's a word lol waited a few minutes for everyone then walked across the mall to this storage area i studied so much and was hoping i remember my answers but actually she just wanted to get to know us she asked about 4 questions everyone was hired and on friday i start.

Tips: Just be yourself really don't over think it like me the interview was very laid back and easier than i thought

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations its 8 bucks but i just needed a second job..

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Santa Ana, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I saw the job ad on Craigslist! They were re-opening the store at the mall and said they were accepting applications on Sept. 13 and the 20th! I went early in the morning on the 13th but no one was there. So I came back on the 20th in the afternoon and there was a booth outside with 2 ladies. I went over and gave them my application. They asked about my hours I indicated on my application. Then one of the ladies took me to the back of the small for an interview. They asked me a few questions. Then she told me about the store and herself! We really hit it off! She said she would call my references because I didn't have any job experience but I'm not even sure if she really did call my references. She said I would here by Tuesday if I got the job. On Monday, she called me for the job offer and I accepted!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, minimum wage

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

I dropped off an application on a Thursday and was told to come in on Monday for a group interview. In my interview group there were less than ten people, they had us introduce ourselves and answer some basic questions. A few days later I was called back and offered a job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

I applied in store at Charlotte Russe and that same week I received a call from the assistant manager for an interview. The position was seasonal, so there was a group interview with me and about 10 other girls. The store manager took us to the stock room in the back, which was kind of cramped and we sat in some deformed circle. She asked us a question and she went around the room as each of is gave our answers. I was always last thankfully, so I got to work off everyone else's answers. I believe the entire process of waiting and answering questions took about 45mins to an hour.