Charming Charlie

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Charmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charming Charlie in July 2013.

I saw a job listing on Snagajob.com so I filled out the application online. About a week later, I was called for an interview. I ended up having to call back and reschedule it because of a sudden conflict and the manager was very understanding. The interview was with the store manager, another candidate and myself. She asked us pretty simple questions, such as "what is excellent customer service?" and "if you could have any celebrity's closet, who would you choose?". They end the interview by asking you to go out into the store to create an outfit for the celebrity you mentioned earlier. The outfit must be easily converted from a day look into a night look and it must reflect the celebrity's current style choices. All in all, it was pretty simple. I made an outfit for Taylor Swift and I chose bold, retro-looking colors and patterns and they loved it. I got a call two days later saying I got the job! It was very simple and super fun. Most definitely the most interactive interview I've ever had!

Interview Questions
    • Which celebrity would you like to trade closets with and why? Be careful with this question because they have you go out into the store and create an outfit for the celebrity you chose)
      Where do you love to shop and why?
      What trends do you follow right now?
        View Answer