Charming Charlie Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jun 13, 2015

Charmer/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few hours later! For the first interview I met with a manager who asked me questions about my experience and school (I am a fashion major at a university) and had me put together an outfit with accessories. She told me she wanted me to come back for a 2nd interview with the store manager, who asked me a few questions and then hired me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your best day at work/school? What about your worst day?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Charming Charlies?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation at your old job when you could not meet the customers request?   Answer Question
    • Whats your availability?   Answer Question

Charmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Gurnee, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

I saw a job listing on Snagajob.com so I filled out the application online. About a week later, I was called for an interview. I ended up having to call back and reschedule it because of a sudden conflict and the manager was very understanding. The interview was with the store manager, another candidate and myself. She asked us pretty simple questions, such as "what is excellent customer service?" and "if you could have any celebrity's closet, who would you choose?". They end the interview by asking you to go out into the store to create an outfit for the celebrity you mentioned earlier. The outfit must be easily converted from a day look into a night look and it must reflect the celebrity's current style choices. All in all, it was pretty simple. I made an outfit for Taylor Swift and I chose bold, retro-looking colors and patterns and they loved it. I got a call two days later saying I got the job! It was very simple and super fun. Most definitely the most interactive interview I've ever had!

Interview Questions

• Which celebrity would you like to trade closets with and why? Be careful with this question because they have you go out into the store and create an outfit for the celebrity you chose)
      Where do you love to shop and why?
      What trends do you follow right now?

1 Answer

Sales Associate, "Charmer" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

I was in a group interview with 4 other girls and two managers. We were asked about current trends we really liked, where do we get our fashion inspiration, along with basic interview questions. After the interview questions, we were given a scenario and told to create an outfit with the items in the store based on that scenario and then describe why you chose the items you did.

Interview Questions

• If you were to see an employee putting something in their pocket, how would you handle that situation?   1 Answer
    • Where do you get your fashion inspiration from? (Person, magazines, etc.)   1 Answer

Charmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call weeks later (at least she was polite about it...) and was scheduled for a group interview. After that I had a one-on-one interview. The manager was a bit snippy to one interviewee whom didn't wear jewelry. The interview was conducted in the back room, but my store has since then been conducting them on the floor, which looks like it would be terribly distracting!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question