Charming Charlie

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Planner Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charming Charlie.

Interview Details – Interview process was as follows: 1) Phone interview with potential direct supervisor, 2) Project management, decision making personality and analytical skills assessment completed online, 3) Traveled to Houston, TX for 1:1 interviews, 4) Reference, employment, and background checks completed, 5) Offer letter.

Interview Question – - What are ways you would recommend improving customer service at Charming Charlie?   Answer Question

IT Position Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Charming Charlie in June 2013.

Interview Details – I saw a job posting by a recruiter and applied. Had a two interviews with a recruiter and he setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. Which turned into two phone interviews because time was short and we were both a little long winded. Afterward we scheduled and off-site meeting with the recruiter, myself and the hiring manager which seemed to go really well (not knock it out the park well but very good) At that point the recruiter was telling me that to expect an offer any day. But he was a recruiter and you know what there like.
And that is where the story ended. Everyone had nice things to say but I don't have any idea what happened. To be fair they really didn't have a great idea of what they were looking for and had changed the job recruitments a few times before they contacted me.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Charming Charlie in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a staffing agency who quickly set up an interview with Charming Charlie hiring managers. I interviewed with Sr. Buyers from two departments as well as an HR employee. Seemed as if they just wanted to make sure they like you and can work with you. Was offered the job that same afternoon and started working the next week

Interview Question – What is the most complicated formula you are able to perform in Excel?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be confident in your excel skills

Merchandise Allocation Analyst Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charming Charlie in December 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiting representative that contacted me for the initial interview was very friendly. She didn't ask too probing of questions, and it went well. The manager asked more in depth skill-oriented questions, but that interview went well. The third interview, the in-person one, didn't go as well. The HR manager came in taking the place of the HR rep who I interviewed with, and she must have been having a terrible day. She was 15 minutes late to the interview, didn't know where the room we were interviewing in was, and seemed to be in a rush the entire time. I should have walked out because she wouldn't have hired anyone that day, she didn't even let the manager do any of the talking, she dominated the entire interview.

Interview Question – Define chaos.   View Answer

Corporate Management Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Charming Charlie.

Interview Details – Complete background and assessment testing. Interview with HR, corp mgmt., and a few other people. They will fly you out if they like you over the phone and pay for relocation.

Senior Manager Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Charming Charlie in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very Exiting and very promising, they were able to explain all aspects of the job.

Interview Question – 5 words to describe yourself?   View Answer

Process Manager Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charming Charlie in December 2012.

Interview Details – Behavior based interview with team. Reviewed fit of previous experience with current experience. Next round of interviews was with corporate leaders.

Management Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charming Charlie in January 2012.

Interview Details – The most unprofessional interview process of my career. Two no shows, one for a phone interview and the other for a face to face interview. Finally get an offer for a position I did not interview for and lower salary. Company would not return emails when I had questions on specifics. Then they present offer again and give me just 90 minutes to respond. Of course I declined - who would want to work for a company with such little consideration and respect for prospective candidates. The HR representation is only part of the process, although extremely unprofessional, this comes from the executive level down.

Interview Question – What inclined you to apply with Charming Charlie   View Answer

Reason for Declining – offer declined as the interview and offer process was eye opening, if it was this bad going in then how would it be working there? Obviously not good. The company is going to have to get their act together and treat prospective candidates fairly in order to retain A List talent. I would not recommend anyone in my network waste their time interviewing with this company. There are plenty other companies in Houston with integrity.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Houston, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Charming Charlie in October 2010.

Interview Details – First there was a group interview that consisted of a lot of random, wacky questions. The point was to see if our personalities were a good fit for the company. On my 1:1 the manager asked me about my background, job history, hobbies, and leisure activities. She asked me basic interview questions, like strengths/weaknesses, why i wanted the job, if i worked well with others, etc. Then we did a "Try out" for 15 minutes where i acted like a sales associate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Charming Charlie? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charming Charlie interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Charming Charlie employees and interview candidates.