Charming Charlie Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.2

Interview

It took about two days for them to call me after applying online. I went and met with the manager, and was told to come back for a second interview with the assistant manager. They explained the job and dress code.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Hampton, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed first by the main manager and then secondly by one of the assistant managers. The questions were quite simple and I was able to really explain my answers in full. There was also a moment where I had to design an outfit for a scenario and that was pretty fun. The managers were really nice and upbeat and relatable which is surprising because most managers I've came across are really stoned face serious.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you made someone feel fabulous?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate, "Charmer" Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charming Charlie in June 2015.

Interview

I had applied for the position online and about a week and a half later I got called to set up an interview. The questions weren't too difficult, and the interview was pretty relaxed. She took me into the backroom to have a 1:1 and asked me a lot of the basic questions: "Why do you want to work for this company," "Describe a time you had to take initiative," "How did you handle time at your previous employment." and stuff like that. The interview took about 30 minutes, and she pretty much covered how customer service is a big concern for them, she went over the dress code (which is all black, with a few nice staple pieces, like a colorful necklace etc.), and availability. I was told after the interview that I would hear back in about a week, however the very next day I got a call and was hired.

Interview Questions

• "What type of work did you do at your previous employment?" "Would you feel comfortable taking to customers, and telling them about our latest promotions?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate, " Charmer" Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for an interview a week later. The interview was very easy. She mostly asked basic questions. At the end of the interview I had to pick out an outfit in 10 min using items from 3 tables. The outfit had to consist of shoes, accesories,shirt, and handbag. She also asked what type of pants I would wear with it I just said leggings since that is what they sell there. In the end the interview was very easy. I got a call the next day and was offered the job however I declined because I am making more at my current job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Describe your current job and duties? How would you handle shoplifters? What do you know about our company? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

ECommerce Sample Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Culver City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Had first phone interview with recruiter which was very informational. Second interview with hiring manager, who seemed great and was very clear on the expectations of the job. And during that interview I also spoke to the head of merchandising. All great no complaints very professional but not intimidating. Made me want the job.

Interview Questions

• My previous experience and how it would line up with the position.   1 Answer

Charmer/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few hours later! For the first interview I met with a manager who asked me questions about my experience and school (I am a fashion major at a university) and had me put together an outfit with accessories. She told me she wanted me to come back for a 2nd interview with the store manager, who asked me a few questions and then hired me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your best day at work/school? What about your worst day?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Charming Charlies?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation at your old job when you could not meet the customers request?   Answer Question
    • Whats your availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Brentwood, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was very easy. Was more like having a conversation than actual interview. She didn't ask alot of question about my personal qualifications. Instead I found myself bringing them up first while answering her questions. We talked alot about my previous job and how tasks were done there just because i think she was just generally interested. It was overall the easiest interview ever. My interviewer was not intimidating at all. She's actually the nicest lady ever!

Anonymous Employee in Westland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Westland, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to set up an interview about a week later. Basic interview with the General Manager. Asked a lot of fashion-based questions. Also talked a lot about what they're looking for in a "charmer" and what it's like to work at the store. Discussed availability, dress code, policies, etc.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Monroe, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

Hour long interview. Manager seemed very bubbly and friendly and made it clear that they were very fashion forward and that they strongly supported you displaying your own sense of style (as long as it fits within the companies ideas of style. I found this out a week after working there)

Sales Associate, "Charmer" Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charming Charlie.

Interview

Very simple. They called and set up an interview. I went in and they asked me some questions. The entire interview lasted less than half an hour. They called back within days and offered the position. There was a necessary training course to go through before working there. Overall the process was easy to follow and the position was easy to get.