Charming Charlie

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate, "Charmer" Interview

Sales Associate, "Charmer"
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charming Charlie.

Interview Details – I filled the application out online and they got back to me within the week. We scheduled for an interview for the next day. The interview was a group interview, but it was only me and one other candidate. We were given a scenario and sent out into the store to create a complete outfit using the clothes and accessories in the store. We both were hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you solved a difficult problem   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Only offered minimum wage and I already had retail experience

Charmer/Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Charming Charlie.

Interview Details – I walked into the store to ask about applying and was told to apply online so I went home and applied that same day and received a call the very next day. I went in for a group interview a couple of days after the call

Heres what to wear: Sandals (No flip flops, sneakers, slip ons, etc) also make sure your toes are painted nicely
any top should be ok just nothing to revealing and the straps should be two fingers width
For bottoms no shorts either pants or a skirt or jeans but pants are probably best

or you could wear a dress but nothing to revealing or short

also wear accessories if you have them! Lots of them!

We did the interview in the back of the store which was a little awkward because there were customers all around us

we answered standard questions the whole process from when I got there to when I left took roughly 45 mins and I got a call the very next day saying I got the job than two days later I went in for "onboarding" where you bring your identification and info to get set up on payroll than you officially start working the next week. (no formal training really...)

Interview Questions

Charmer/Visual Interview

Charmer/Visual
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charming Charlie in June 2014.

Interview Details – Got a interview the next day and within a couple days got a call back and accepted job interview. The interview lasted for about 20 min with basic questions on customer service experience and style questions.

Interview Question – At the end of the interview they ask you to go into the store and create a outfit within 5 min.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Charming Charlie in October 2013.

Interview Details – Lead/Senior manager is slightly unorganized; she was 5 minutes late to interview me and then I had to wait 15 minutes more before the actually interview started because she had to open up the store. The interview was basic, "tell me about yourself", "what's your 'style'", etc. When I was offered the position she just called and told me to bring in certain paperwork so I could be entered into the system as an employee.

Interview Question – "Who's style inspires you and why?" I am not big on fashion, I wear what I like and don't often look to celebrity style to choose my outfits, so this question caught me off-guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate - unskilled minimum wage job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Charming Charlie.

Interview Details – Got promoted to current position. However, the company does have interview questions they go off of. Typical questions.. "tell me a time when..". Personally when i interview people i want to know more about them and what they like. Gives you a sense of who they really are.

Interview Question – I ask who's celebrity closet would you raid and why. Also give applicants a color and tell them to accessorize me to the best of their abilities.   Answer Question

Senior Assistant Manager Interview

Senior Assistant Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Charming Charlie.

Interview Details – Applied for a position online and received a call the next day for an interview. It was a great conversation around my experience and the direction the company is taking.

Interview Question – They were all standard questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Charming Charlie.

Interview Details – Initial phone call led to interview with store manager. Store manager then called me in for second interview with the District Manager which led to an offer within a week.

Interview Question – There were no super unusual questions.   Answer Question

Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and interviewed at Charming Charlie.

Interview Details – Pretty typicall. Easy going, regular questions nothing special

Interview Question – Name a time when you made someones day...thought it was random   Answer Question

Charmer Interview

Charmer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Charming Charlie.

Interview Details – The phone interview process wasn't extensive. The hiring manager was really nice and just wants to know interest in the company.

Merchandise Planner Interview

Merchandise Planner
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charming Charlie.

Interview Details – Interview process was as follows: 1) Phone interview with potential direct supervisor, 2) Project management, decision making personality and analytical skills assessment completed online, 3) Traveled to Houston, TX for 1:1 interviews, 4) Reference, employment, and background checks completed, 5) Offer letter.

Interview Question – - What are ways you would recommend improving customer service at Charming Charlie?   Answer Question

Worked for Charming Charlie? Contribute to the Community!