Charming Charlie

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.1

Charmer/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charming Charlie.

Very quick process what do you like about Charming Charlie? Do you have any retail experience? What is your favorite accessory to wear? The interview process was a group interview and then you got a call back for a one on one interview

Charmer/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Charming Charlie.

Extremely easy! Everything! Quick interview, interviewer was genuine and I absolutely loved her enthusiasm about opening the new store. CC was my favorite store (at the time) so I had no problem breezing through my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the famous person, whose style you like most and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It was either take what they offer or not.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charming Charlie.

I passed along my resume to a friend's friend who worked at Charming Charlie. She then passed my resume to HR who had contacted me in a couple days to schedule a phone interview. Had the phone interview which went great and then was set up for a Skype interview with 2 Senior Buyers. I was told the buyers were each going to talk to me separately, but I ended interviewing with both of them at the same time. To be honest, I was very excited about this opportunity until I spoke with the buyers during my interview. They really seemed to dislike their jobs even though they had been with Charming Charlie for years. They were very stern and basically told me the job isn't as extravagant as people can make it seem. Was not offered the job-I admit I was pretty discouraged.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions, tell us about yourself- what did you do in each job? why do you want to work for us? where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Charmer/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charming Charlie in January 2015.

I applied online and a week later I received a call from the manager asking for an interview. She told me to come in at 2:30 the next day. I showed up a little over five minutes before my interview and she had left to go to lunch! I was told that she would return shortly and was asked to take a look around the store. Almost ten minutes later, she returns and we start the interview. I was friendly and enthusiastic about fashion. She was very calm and seemed to like many of the answers I gave to her. Most of the interview questions involved scenarios with upset customers. She didn't ask any of the standard interview questions. We ended and talked about the dress code before giving me a tour of the store. She told me what day she would call me and I never heard from her.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a team player or would you rather be on your own?   View Answer

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Charming Charlie.

I was contacted about a month after applying. I came in for an interview with the then General Manager of the store. After interviewing with her I did not hear from the store for a few weeks, so I inquired about the job. They said they were still working out some things and would get back to me. I then came in about 2 months later and interviewed with the new General Manager of the store. I was offered the job after a couple weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were typical scenario questions pertaining to customer service and how I would increase sales in store.   Answer Question
    I would have been able to negotiate, but I was offered above expected. Since then I have been promoted and would definitely suggest negotiating.

ASM Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charming Charlie.

Was contacted via telephone. Set up a formal phone interview with the DM and then a formal sit down with the Store Manager. Was in training a week later. I quickly realized how disorganized they are.

Sales Associate, "Charmer" Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charming Charlie.

I applied for the position online. I Heard back from them within two weeks or so. Scheduled an interview in-person. Interview was good and very relaxed. She asked me standard questions about why I want to work here, where my favorite place to shop is and who my inspiration in fashion is. Afterwards another manager conducted a sales interview where I am supposed to build an outfit and try and sell it to her as a customer. I was nervous about it and I did "ok" but they gave me a chance and since then I have progressed tremendously as a sales person.

Sales Associate, "Charmer" Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Charming Charlie.

Hiring and interview process was very easy. I applied online and got a call back a few days later asking if I wanted to come in for an interview. It was a group interview that included me and two other girls. The interview felt more like a conversation rather than an interview. We took turns answering questions which were very easy. The questions are basically about your personality and your likes and dislikes about fashion.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. Everything asked was about yourself   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Associate, "Charmer" Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Charming Charlie.

I applied online and got a call over the phone about a week later asking when the best time was for me to attend an interview. We made an interview time and date. I was told it was going to be a group interview so I was nervous because I didn't like the thought of competing with others. The day of my interview came and I was there 30 minutes early. Because I was the first one there they interviewed me one on one. The interview process was smooth. I felt like I did really well. The store manager from another store came and joined our interview and I engaged in conversation with her as well. Then they said that was the end of my interview and if I had any questions so I asked them if they shunned non-experienced workers away because I didn't have work experience at that time. Then they said I'd hear back from them in two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you handled a negative situation and how?   Answer Question

Charmer Interview

Interview process was quick and very relaxed. Orientation and the first week after the interview is a lot of fun! :) Basically you met with an SM and you discuss availability, experience, and show them what a great person you are and that you have your own style!