Charming Charlie Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Make an outfit, describe why you chose those items and try and sell it. Answer other questions about previous experience and what "would you do if" scenarios. Just be confident and smile. Bring the energy.

Interview Questions

• Make an outfit for a certain occasion using items in the store and your knowledge of current trends.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Charming Charlie

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charming Charlie.

Interview

Keep a great attitude and have confidence. Show that you can give great service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Palmdale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was called within a week by the store manager. He asked me a few general questions about myself and then asked me to come in for an interview the next day. I came in and he brought me to the back and asked me more general questions about the job and my experience. I was then offered the job on the spot and began training the next day.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charming Charlie in August 2012.

Interview

Interviewed online and called the manager of the store to follow up a week later.

Interview Questions

• What is my biggest accomplishment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Southlake, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

I was told to be there for my interview at 10 but the manager didn't arrive till 10:45, luckily there was plenty to look at in the store. The manager was very friendly but didn't seem very interested in doing the interview. She was not the manager I had scheduled my interview with. She only asked me three questions. Why would you like to work here, why don't you like you other job, and my experience in retail and fashion. I was not given much time to say an answer before she would move on to the next question. I would have felt more comfortable if the process was not rushed. But overall it was quick and she did ask for copies of my IDs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Dallas, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process was the same as it is for any retail position. The intial interview is a group interview. Kind of like a cattle call, where you are evaluated. If there is an interest then you are called back for a follow up interview. The personal interview isabout 30 minutes in length.

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Pembroke Pines, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. Mine was held by two assistant mangers in the stock room. They asked questions like what type of management I preferred, how I felt about change (because they are expanding and things are constantly changing in the store), and how I felt about helping customers pick out items. Since its somewhat new it doesn't seem like you need a lot of retail experience to be hired. Its also a plus if you dress the part, have nice accessories and show a genuine interest in the company and their products.

Interview Questions

• What are some of things you liked or disliked with previous managers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

First there was a group interview that consisted of a lot of random, wacky questions. The point was to see if our personalities were a good fit for the company. On my 1:1 the manager asked me about my background, job history, hobbies, and leisure activities. She asked me basic interview questions, like strengths/weaknesses, why i wanted the job, if i worked well with others, etc. Then we did a "Try out" for 15 minutes where i acted like a sales associate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview Hills, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Crestview Hills, KY) in July 2010.

Interview

I found the posting on the mall website where the new store will be opening. I sent my resume to a district manager, as instructed on the posting, and within a day I received a response requesting a interview. This particular interview was a group interview, as they were looking to hire a lot of people quickly. There were about 6 other candidates there with me. The interviewer was very friendly. He introduced us to the company, gave very detailed background information about Charming Charlie. Then the interview went to the questioning round. Charming Charlie focuses on "Energy, Empathy, and Integrity" (I think it's integrity, but I don't fully remember). So the interview questions were based around those. Example questions from each focus: Energy-- "What do you do in down times?" Empathy--"Describe a time when you were able to empathize with a customer and you made their situation better." or "Describe a time when you were able to select an item for a customer that really suits their needs/personality." Integrity--"Describe a time when you were placed in a situation where you know someone was doing something wrong. Also describe how you handled it." One general question asked was "How do you keep up with fashion trends?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charming Charlie (Gilbert, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online, received a call from a hiring managers. After a short & general phone interview (I was from out of town) I was asked to meet them for a 1-on-1. After meeting them, I was told I'd be called in a few days if an offer was being made. I did & began working 1 wk later.

Interview Questions

• Sell me what your wearing & why should I buy it?   Answer Question
    • Irrate customer comes in with broken jewlery & no reciept. How do you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. The store was brand new & still trying to get established in the new location, so negotiation was absolutely welcome. The pay structure is pretty much set in stone. So if you want more than minimum wage, apply for management. The scheduleing was pretty much negotiable from every angle. Several of the staff hired were temporary, & the majority were hired permanent part-time. I'd say, let your interviewer know your availability right away. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to work with you.