Charming Shoppes Interview Questions

2.5

Senior Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Charming Shoppes.

Interview

Interviews varied based on department but most were done by hiring manager first, and then directors or VPs. For our department, prior experience was key. Public Accounting experience was a plus but not 100% required.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and what you did to resolve it   Answer Question

Interview

Professional surroundings and environment in offices. All the people generated a feeling of postivity and behaviors, body langauge, that represented the type of workplace most would support being a part of . Interview process was handled with sense of urgency respecting time for candidates who were actively networking themselves while going through the interveiw process with other companys.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the most challenging situation you experienced with a customer.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Charming Shoppes (Bensalem, PA).

Interview

Phone interview then face to face, went over the basics of the position being offered and my experience/skills. Discussed the job description at length and the area the job was in and the culture of the company/area the job was located in.

Interview Questions

• If you had to re-do your life starting 10 years ago, what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Charming Shoppes (Glen Burnie, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

I went in the store, noted a sign, and filled out an application with the manager. She called me with an interview in two or three days.

Interview Questions

• She asked me to go to a customer in the store and sell them something.   Answer Question

Assortment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Charming Shoppes (Bensalem, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

On site interview. Met with 4 upper managment teams.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charming Shoppes (Bensalem, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

First contact by phone was a pre-interview. Lasted about 10 minutes with general interview questions such as goals, strong points, weaknesses, past experience. Interview day consisted of interviews with three people, one after the other. First an HR coworker, then the Group Manager and finally the manager the position would report to.

Overall, I felt the individuals were very pleasant and down to earth. I did not feel stressed and went away from the interview with a very positive impression of the company and its employees.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Charming Shoppes (Portland, OR) in August 2010.

Interview

interview was easy. Dress up a bit to show your style. Interactive was for an hour and scheduled for an hour. primary purpose was to see how you interact with the guests and how well you pick up what needs to be done. It's a sink or swim type test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non really

Part Time Sales Associate 3-15 Hours/Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charming Shoppes (San Diego, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I was referred to the position by the assistant store manager who knew me as a regular customer for 10 years. I received a personal interview by the new store manager in her private office. I was asked about my current availability, acceptable salary, prior saleswork experience, and familiarity with the store . Having bilingual skills in English/Spanish would be a definite plus.

Understanding, following, and retaining verbal instructions as well as computer skills are necessary for success.

Meeting sales goals is actually how many customers open store credit cards (at a horribly high interest rate) and buy Perks discount cards which translates to "store loyality" by corporate management. Sales associates used to receive a $5 bonus for each house account opened: this was discontinued in 2011.

Interview Questions

• Because I had 5 years of prior retail experience, I did not expect to have to give a selling demonstration as part of my interview. I view this as a "skills test".   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate a salary which occurred during the personal interview. I accepted State minimum wage of $8.00 per hour because it was higher than Federal minimum wage of $7.75 per hour. Although I had 5 years of prior retail experience, it was over 20 years ago. I did not feel that I could compare salary expectations with my full time Federal job. This was an error on my part. I heard from another person that new sales associates without any work experience were starting above minimum wage.

After 18 months of part time work, I still earn only minimum wage. This is disappointing but I like the 40% employee discount.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Charming Shoppes (Bensalem, PA) in June 2009.

Interview

Received a phone call for a phone screen, HR person very professional, setup an appointment to meet in person and interview with other staff. I was not told who in the organization I would meet. Interview with the HR person went well. Upon moving me to the next interview, I was placed in a conference room and met 2 EA's.

To my horror the questions were strange far from professional. 1 EA ( support for a President) laid her head on the table as if she needed a nap! I never encountered someone representing a President who looked so bored and put out since she was asked to participate in this interview. About the time they asked me my birth date (could this be an EEO issues????) and told me that wanted to hire someone who had a birth date later in the year so they could plan their quarterly birthday luncheons and fill each quarter (mine wasa not in the appropriate quarter) I knew I just wanted to head for the door and end this madness.

They asked verbal questions on various software and how to do this and that (word, excel, powerpoint). Now anyone who knows how to interview and requires advanced skills will test candidates in an application such as Prove-It. This verbal questioning was strange but then again the interview was strange. I left and never heard from them, just as well!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this spcific position?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Charming Shoppes (Rockford, IL) in July 2008.

Interview

First you interview with Store manager, then dm. Next you have to work on the floor for 15-30mins, unpaid, to test your skills. It seems to be too long of a interview process, the same things were asked in both interview, and the phone chat.

Interview Questions

• Where are your biggest weaknesses?   1 Answer