Chartboost

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

3.1

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Chartboost.

Coding Challenge (4 Questions in 60 mins) and final round interview with member of specific team. The final round interview consisted of a person from the team asking me a lot of specific knowledge based questions off a list that required you to have a deep knowledge of the topic. Also before moving on to the next topic, he would ask to rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 about how well you knew a particular topic without providing context of what a 10 on the scale represents. The interviewer actually didn't even know if I was interning for an internship or full time before I told him in the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Detecting memory leaks in Java? Interprocess communication in Android? A lot of specific knowledge based questions that do not really provide good representation of someone's technical ability   View Answers (4)

Support Engineering Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chartboost in August 2014.

This was a phone interview after a quick chat with recruiter. phone interview was with Support director. He asked general questions like what is router , what is 3G etc, how to describe computer to grandma.
    Later recruiter got back saying was not a techinical fit. He could not provide more details.

Accountant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Chartboost.

HR called for the phone interview. It took around 30 minutes. Then another person called for the phone interview. This time she asked more specifically about my experience and the questions about accounting.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you with the question: if something happens, how you are going to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Publisher Onboarding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chartboost in July 2014.

Really great experience. Recruiter contacted me quickly and all communication with him and HR was very friendly, informative and prompt. Hiring process included two over-the-phone interviews, with the recruiter and the hiring manager, followed by six 30-minute in-person interviews. The recruiter was helpful every step of the way and all of the interviewers were easy to talk to and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • If you got hired and everything was going great with the team and the work but after 6 months you decide to leave, what would lead you to leave?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chartboost in February 2014.

a) One - One pre screen in-person or phone screen with architects or team lead to see if he is fit for the role
    b) Onsite interview for 4 hrs on various aspects coding, data structures, system design ,culture fit and architect design.

Interview Questions
    • Some data structure question involving trie data structure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chartboost.

Chartboost came to my university and interviewed with them over a 2 month process. At the onsite interview I went through 4 rounds of technical interviews. Three of them were whiteboard coding interviews and one interview was design.

Interview Questions
    • Construct a unique tree in its exact form given an inorder and preorder traversal. Only question I had trouble on, all the other questions I killed. Some of my linear time solutions I even had to spend time explaning WHY it ran in linear time, in other words the interviewer was not solid in his data structures. Got 4/5 questions, resulted in a shocking reject.   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Chartboost.

Online coding test, Initial phone interview and five rounds of on site technical interviews.

Software Developer Interview

Met them at a job fair, interviewed right after.

Interview Questions
    • Design a database for a chat application that supports multiple users, multiple chat streams and multiple connections.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chartboost in September 2013.

phone interview-> 1:1 with 6-7 pl -> 1:1 with 1 c-level management

Interview Questions
    • how do you convince a game company to spend more money with Chartboost when the result didn't meet the client's expectation   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chartboost in August 2013.

Contacted Online, and the process was smooth.