Chartboost Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014

3.1

Publisher Onboarding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chartboost in July 2014.

Really great experience. Recruiter contacted me quickly and all communication with him and HR was very friendly, informative and prompt. Hiring process included two over-the-phone interviews, with the recruiter and the hiring manager, followed by six 30-minute in-person interviews. The recruiter was helpful every step of the way and all of the interviewers were easy to talk to and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • If you got hired and everything was going great with the team and the work but after 6 months you decide to leave, what would lead you to leave?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Chartboost.

HR called for the phone interview. It took around 30 minutes. Then another person called for the phone interview. This time she asked more specifically about my experience and the questions about accounting.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you with the question: if something happens, how you are going to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Chartboost in February 2014.

a) One - One pre screen in-person or phone screen with architects or team lead to see if he is fit for the role
    b) Onsite interview for 4 hrs on various aspects coding, data structures, system design ,culture fit and architect design.

Interview Questions
    • Some data structure question involving trie data structure.   Answer Question

Publisher Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chartboost in January 2010.

Despite it being a crazy growth period and Maria on countless business/conference trips from Europe to Asia to the US, she was consistently communicative throughout the whole interview process. We had a good flow of communication and also spoke a few times through Skype so she could have a good feel for my personality. I also spoke with Jose, who was also very friendly and explained a great deal about their company and their passion and mission.

Interview Questions
    • Because I was applying from a different field of experience, I was given a task to research a case study and to provide insight on how they were doing as a client and also what kind of marketing maneuvers I would suggest to them.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chartboost in August 2013.

Contacted Online, and the process was smooth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Chartboost.

Chartboost came to my university and interviewed with them over a 2 month process. At the onsite interview I went through 4 rounds of technical interviews. Three of them were whiteboard coding interviews and one interview was design.

Interview Questions
    • Construct a unique tree in its exact form given an inorder and preorder traversal. Only question I had trouble on, all the other questions I killed. Some of my linear time solutions I even had to spend time explaning WHY it ran in linear time, in other words the interviewer was not solid in his data structures. Got 4/5 questions, resulted in a shocking reject.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Chartboost.

Online coding test, Initial phone interview and five rounds of on site technical interviews.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chartboost in September 2013.

phone interview-> 1:1 with 6-7 pl -> 1:1 with 1 c-level management

Interview Questions
    • how do you convince a game company to spend more money with Chartboost when the result didn't meet the client's expectation   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Met them at a job fair, interviewed right after.

Interview Questions
    • Design a database for a chat application that supports multiple users, multiple chat streams and multiple connections.   Answer Question

Worked for Chartboost? Contribute to the Community!