Charter College

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vancouver, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charter College in February 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application with the online assessments. They were pretty time consuming test. It took me about 1.5 hours to complete. I was contacted within 3 days by Arde a corporate recruiter. We arranged a phone interview. I prepared for the phone interview and to my surprise Arde never called! She sent me a email about 10 minutes after our scheduled phone interview to reschedule. I thought this was highly unprofessional but I agreed to reschedule. The phone interview went well. We spent about 30 minutes focusing on why choose a career in sales and what do you know about their school.
I went on to the next interview with the director of admissions. He informed me before the interview started that the position had been filled and there was a mistake on their part. We proceeded with a quick meeting/interview since I was there already. He implied that that interview would be considered if another position that met my qualifications opened. Overall I was glad I didn't get the position. My first impression of the company was there was something very shady going on. Be aware of first impressions.

Interview Question – Explain using a talk track/overcoming objections.   Answer Question

Lynnwood, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charter College in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online Sunday night. I was emailed to take a 1-hour assessment test online. The assessment took over an hour as it consisted of extremely advanced math questions (i.e. algebraic equations, ratios, and word problems), English (i.e. mainly analogies and word comprehension), and self-assessment questions (i.e. basically rating yourself on various topics), which I aced! I was contacted by Arde, a corporate recruiter for the company, to complete TWO ADDITIONAL assessments online. One assessment was in complex math (which was timed) and the other assessment was a self-questionnaire. After I completed all the unnecessary assessments, Arde contacted me to set up a phone interview. She conducted a 30-40 minute long phone interview, which I aced! I was then set up to meet with the Director of Admissions and Campus President a few days later. I arrived 45 minutes early to the interview (just wanted to be on time) and ended up waiting 30 minutes past my scheduled interview. I was a bit pissed because that is very unprofessional. Neither the President nor the Director of Admissions came out to say they were sorry. Once I finally was invited to interview in the President’s office, I was hounded with questions left and right WITH NO TIME TO THINK. I would barely finish answering a question with one person, and the next person would fire off another question. It went that way for a good 30-35 minutes, and I was absolutely exhausted. The whole interview felt very unprofessional and ruthless. Both the President and Director of Admissions were cold, inconsiderate, and misleading. Even after all that, I still felt I aced the interview! Well, the next day I received an ambiguous email from Arde (the recruiter) that they will be moving forward with other candidates that more closely fit the position. AT THIS POINT, I AM SO PISSED THAT it took me a while to realize: I AM TOO GOOD FOR THEM. I don’t need to work in such a negative and unprofessional environment and horrible management team. All in all, the whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth.

Interview Question – They asked questions that had nothing to do with the position requirements, scenarios, or duties. However, the horrible management kept asking about numbers, results, and ruthless recruiting tactics.   Answer Question

Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charter College in August 2008.

Interview Details – Starts with a brief phone interview
Online Persoanlity Test followed by basic English and Math test
Face to face interview with Director of Admissions
Face to face interview with Campus President
Offered job 3 days later

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The posting was for $40,000 - $50,000 per year + bonus. I was offered $45,000 and I took it because the bonus structure was very good. You don't start getting bonuses until you have been there at least 8-9 months.

Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Charter College in May 2009.

Interview Details – The process was frustrating. I submitted my information as requested. I then had to follow up by, among other things, calling their national headquarter in Nevada. After getting a run-around for several weeks, I was given two telephone screens. Since I made the grade, I was then given a battery of online tests. I passed them successfully. I then was brought in to the office for an interview with the Admissions Director. An interview that lasted over an hour and a half. Things looked promising. I was called in for a follow-up interview with the president. That interview started with the basic, "Tell me what you know about our company." So trite. It went downhill from there. I did not feel a connection with the President at all.

I had been told that they were anxious to get someone in the position ASAP. Everything looked like a "go." Then, after waiting for a week, I called the office to find out the status of my interviews. No response. They had highlighted in the interview how much they valued follow-up. I called again and again received no response.

I eventually received a call from the HR Manager, who was based in their Nevada office. She said that the Admissions Director was no longer with the company and that they would no longer be pursuing employment with me. She apologized that she couldn't give me additional information or feedback on my interviews.

So, after successfully passing their tests and being through numerous interviews, I did not get the job. What started as an exciting venture ended as an experience which left a sour taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

Worked for Charter College? Contribute to the Community!