Charter College Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charter College (Spokane, WA).

Interview

There wasn't much to the interview. They simply asked a few basic questions, asked for any certifications and offered me the job about 3 days later. I assume they did a background check. I was provided materials for the job on the first day or shortly thereafter

Interview Questions

• Can you start Monday? (it was Thursday)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Barn, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charter College (Long Barn, CA).

Interview

The interview process was a little lengthy but overall a painless experience. I had an over the phone interview, then an in person interview with the Regional Director of Admissions an In person Interview with the Director of Admissions and then Meet and greet with the President of the school.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Tell me about your self, tell me about a time when...., then overview of the position and what the expectations were.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Federal Workstudy IT Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charter College in November 2014.

Interview

For this work study, the interview was given in daily interaction. I am often found in the library studying. Charter College provides an IT lab and the instructor operates a non-profit organization. It is important to have utmost integrity even though this is an entry-level position. The WYSIWYG applies. There is a delay in regards to background check and verification with the Department of Education. If there is no answer to being hired, be patient. The delay is not in the supervisor or the career development specialist.

Interview Questions

• None were given. This interview occurred in a series of conversations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Canyon Country, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Charter College (Canyon Country, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I filled out an online application and completed an assessment test that took almost an hour, so be prepared to spend time on it.

The next day I was contacted via email by the recruiter (Arde) to complete a questionnaire for their sales position. This one was only took about 20 minutes, and I received a copy of the results which was cool.

Two days later I was contacted again by the same recruiter for a telephone interview and it was arranged for the next day. The call took about 40 minutes and I was asked a lot of questions about sales, my sales style, overcoming objections, being comfortable in a quota environment and working in a short sales cycle. The recruiter spent the first several minutes stating all the requirements of the position, the company and the hiring process which was nice because I had the information up front, but then I didn't have a lot of questions to ask at the end because they had already been answered.

The next morning I received a no thank you email from the recruiter (Arde)

Interview Questions

• You stated that this was the perfect position for you, yet you were unable to answer my questions about who we are, and the student we serve. Please explain how you would be able to make an educated decision about joining our company if you did not conduct research on us.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charter College (Vancouver, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

You will submit your resume and then take an online test that will qualify or disqualify you immediately! It is the Biggs test. You don't need an associates or any degree to get a job here! They want pushy aggressive car sales people personalities that have few morals.

If you get called into for an interview you'll meet with the DOA who is the car salesperson personality totally so talk sales and tell him you are wonderful. Please make sure you get your promises in writing and that you do not sign the arbitration agreement. If you meet the President, you are likely going to get an offer but again, read, read and buyer beware!

Interview Questions

Reviews are horrible for this school

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charter College (Vancouver, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

I submitted an online application with the online assessments. They were pretty time consuming test. It took me about 1.5 hours to complete. I was contacted within 3 days by Arde a corporate recruiter. We arranged a phone interview. I prepared for the phone interview and to my surprise Arde never called! She sent me a email about 10 minutes after our scheduled phone interview to reschedule. I thought this was highly unprofessional but I agreed to reschedule. The phone interview went well. We spent about 30 minutes focusing on why choose a career in sales and what do you know about their school.
    I went on to the next interview with the director of admissions. He informed me before the interview started that the position had been filled and there was a mistake on their part. We proceeded with a quick meeting/interview since I was there already. He implied that that interview would be considered if another position that met my qualifications opened. Overall I was glad I didn't get the position. My first impression of the company was there was something very shady going on. Be aware of first impressions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charter College.

Interview

You have to submit your application and take a personality test.

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Charter College (Pasco, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

I had initially interviewed for the enrollment processor position a couple of years ago with Arde out of Vegas, a corporate recruiter. She did not pass me on and the interview questions were standard but she seemed disinterested. I interviewed again recently in 2013 with Ash, another corporate recruiter for the Education Loan Specialist Position and he was very good with his interviewing and thoroughly engaged with everything I had to say and referred me on to the Regional Financial Aid Director. She had a great attitude and seemed completely impressed with me and referred me onto the President of the College. The President was a very nice man and said that I must have impressed them to make it that far and it was his job to see that I would be a good fit and told me that he felt I would be but had to discuss with the CEO and would get back to me in a week. Two days later the recruiter sent a pat email that the position had been cancelled but to apply for other open positions. I applied for the Admissions Representative position and again had an interview with Arde from Vegas. She tried to say that the reps had been there for a long time and they were mature. She asked me to describe what I thought the student population was like and she informed me that I described it well and she asked me to tell her how I would be relatable to them. I thought I described it well enough but during the interview process she seemed completely disinterested in me again just like the first time. At the end I asked her if she had any concerns with my abilities and she said tell you what you can take another assessment and then if your results are ok I will refer you on. Well the first assessment I took the other recruiter told me that my results were very good and it looked like the kind of person the college wanted but this time I just got a pat email from Arde that they would be pursuing other applicants so after three tries with this company and getting a disinterested recruiter and a job cancel and even having the President tell me he thinks I am a good fit but the recruiters just pass on me, I don't get it. My family told me to forget about this company because they were just wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• How are you relatable to the student body.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charter College (Lynnwood, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online Sunday night. I was emailed to take a 1-hour assessment test online. The assessment took over an hour as it consisted of extremely advanced math questions (i.e. algebraic equations, ratios, and word problems), English (i.e. mainly analogies and word comprehension), and self-assessment questions (i.e. basically rating yourself on various topics), which I aced! I was contacted by Arde, a corporate recruiter for the company, to complete TWO ADDITIONAL assessments online. One assessment was in complex math (which was timed) and the other assessment was a self-questionnaire. After I completed all the unnecessary assessments, Arde contacted me to set up a phone interview. She conducted a 30-40 minute long phone interview, which I aced! I was then set up to meet with the Director of Admissions and Campus President a few days later. I arrived 45 minutes early to the interview (just wanted to be on time) and ended up waiting 30 minutes past my scheduled interview. I was a bit pissed because that is very unprofessional. Neither the President nor the Director of Admissions came out to say they were sorry. Once I finally was invited to interview in the President’s office, I was hounded with questions left and right WITH NO TIME TO THINK. I would barely finish answering a question with one person, and the next person would fire off another question. It went that way for a good 30-35 minutes, and I was absolutely exhausted. The whole interview felt very unprofessional and ruthless. Both the President and Director of Admissions were cold, inconsiderate, and misleading. Even after all that, I still felt I aced the interview! Well, the next day I received an ambiguous email from Arde (the recruiter) that they will be moving forward with other candidates that more closely fit the position. AT THIS POINT, I AM SO PISSED THAT it took me a while to realize: I AM TOO GOOD FOR THEM. I don’t need to work in such a negative and unprofessional environment and horrible management team. All in all, the whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions that had nothing to do with the position requirements, scenarios, or duties. However, the horrible management kept asking about numbers, results, and ruthless recruiting tactics.   Answer Question

Student Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charter College (Valencia, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Filled application out online, received email offering phone interview. Scheduled time over email. Phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Interviewer spent approximately five minutes describing the company and campus that job was located. Most questions were about previous work experience and desired salary. Interviewer did not give a specific timeline on notification and did not imply there would be further interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would maintain organization in a business that has high turn over and where accuracy is essential?   Answer Question