Charter College

Relevance Date Difficulty

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Vancouver, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charter College in February 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application with the online assessments. They were pretty time consuming test. It took me about 1.5 hours to complete. I was contacted within 3 days by Arde a corporate recruiter. We arranged a phone interview. I prepared for the phone interview and to my surprise Arde never called! She sent me a email about 10 minutes after our scheduled phone interview to reschedule. I thought this was highly unprofessional but I agreed to reschedule. The phone interview went well. We spent about 30 minutes focusing on why choose a career in sales and what do you know about their school.
I went on to the next interview with the director of admissions. He informed me before the interview started that the position had been filled and there was a mistake on their part. We proceeded with a quick meeting/interview since I was there already. He implied that that interview would be considered if another position that met my qualifications opened. Overall I was glad I didn't get the position. My first impression of the company was there was something very shady going on. Be aware of first impressions.

Interview Question – Explain using a talk track/overcoming objections.   Answer Question

Director of Career Services Interview

Lancaster, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charter College in September 2010.

Interview Details – Complete online application
Took personality assessment
Phone Screen with Recruiter from Home Office
Phone Interview with Regional Director of Career Services - we discussed the dynamics of the team, the needs of the organization, and the issues happening with this particular department.
Face to face interview with Campus President and Regional Director of Career Services. Last 2 hours

Interview Question – The previous person in this position was demoted and is still on the team: How would you manage her and the team knowing this?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations - They matched my previous employer.

Assistant Director of Carrer Services Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charter College.

Interview Details – You have to submit your application and take a personality test.

Instructor Interview

Instructor
Canyon Country, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Charter College in January 2009.

Interview Details – Long. First you submit resume online. Next you take a personality test and Intelligence test. Next you go through a phone interview then and in person interview and finally a teaching demo.

Interview Question – Teaching Demo. Make it relate to the field you are expecting to teach.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they send an offer with salary and I accepted what they offered. It was fair

Campus President Interview

Vancouver, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Charter College in December 2011.

Interview Details – Thorough application. Submit Resume, take initial assessments, phone interview, 2 in person interviews on campus. Background and reference checks.

Negotiation Details – Yes, at the time of the job offer.

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Lynnwood, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charter College in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online Sunday night. I was emailed to take a 1-hour assessment test online. The assessment took over an hour as it consisted of extremely advanced math questions (i.e. algebraic equations, ratios, and word problems), English (i.e. mainly analogies and word comprehension), and self-assessment questions (i.e. basically rating yourself on various topics), which I aced! I was contacted by Arde, a corporate recruiter for the company, to complete TWO ADDITIONAL assessments online. One assessment was in complex math (which was timed) and the other assessment was a self-questionnaire. After I completed all the unnecessary assessments, Arde contacted me to set up a phone interview. She conducted a 30-40 minute long phone interview, which I aced! I was then set up to meet with the Director of Admissions and Campus President a few days later. I arrived 45 minutes early to the interview (just wanted to be on time) and ended up waiting 30 minutes past my scheduled interview. I was a bit pissed because that is very unprofessional. Neither the President nor the Director of Admissions came out to say they were sorry. Once I finally was invited to interview in the President’s office, I was hounded with questions left and right WITH NO TIME TO THINK. I would barely finish answering a question with one person, and the next person would fire off another question. It went that way for a good 30-35 minutes, and I was absolutely exhausted. The whole interview felt very unprofessional and ruthless. Both the President and Director of Admissions were cold, inconsiderate, and misleading. Even after all that, I still felt I aced the interview! Well, the next day I received an ambiguous email from Arde (the recruiter) that they will be moving forward with other candidates that more closely fit the position. AT THIS POINT, I AM SO PISSED THAT it took me a while to realize: I AM TOO GOOD FOR THEM. I don’t need to work in such a negative and unprofessional environment and horrible management team. All in all, the whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth.

Interview Question – They asked questions that had nothing to do with the position requirements, scenarios, or duties. However, the horrible management kept asking about numbers, results, and ruthless recruiting tactics.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Education Loan Specialist and Admissions Representative and Enrollment Processor Interview

Pasco, WA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Charter College in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had initially interviewed for the enrollment processor position a couple of years ago with Arde out of Vegas, a corporate recruiter. She did not pass me on and the interview questions were standard but she seemed disinterested. I interviewed again recently in 2013 with Ash, another corporate recruiter for the Education Loan Specialist Position and he was very good with his interviewing and thoroughly engaged with everything I had to say and referred me on to the Regional Financial Aid Director. She had a great attitude and seemed completely impressed with me and referred me onto the President of the College. The President was a very nice man and said that I must have impressed them to make it that far and it was his job to see that I would be a good fit and told me that he felt I would be but had to discuss with the CEO and would get back to me in a week. Two days later the recruiter sent a pat email that the position had been cancelled but to apply for other open positions. I applied for the Admissions Representative position and again had an interview with Arde from Vegas. She tried to say that the reps had been there for a long time and they were mature. She asked me to describe what I thought the student population was like and she informed me that I described it well and she asked me to tell her how I would be relatable to them. I thought I described it well enough but during the interview process she seemed completely disinterested in me again just like the first time. At the end I asked her if she had any concerns with my abilities and she said tell you what you can take another assessment and then if your results are ok I will refer you on. Well the first assessment I took the other recruiter told me that my results were very good and it looked like the kind of person the college wanted but this time I just got a pat email from Arde that they would be pursuing other applicants so after three tries with this company and getting a disinterested recruiter and a job cancel and even having the President tell me he thinks I am a good fit but the recruiters just pass on me, I don't get it. My family told me to forget about this company because they were just wasting my time.

Interview Question – How are you relatable to the student body.   View Answer

Career Service Interview

Career Service

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charter College.

Interview Details – Basic questions.
Employment history relevant to the position

Very Easy Interview

Instructor Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charter College.

Interview Details – 1. Online application
2. An email requiring one to complete a 180-assessment (personality inventory)
3. Repeat requests to complete the assessment, if you do not comply after the first request
4. If the need is urgent, an email with a time and date for an interview is sent for your approval immediately after completing the assessment
5. The interview focuses on information from your resume and questions about your teaching style (keep in mind the questions vary depending on the interviewer)

Interview Question – I was asked if I was willing to teach a class for two hours.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The advertised hourly rate for part-time instructors ranged from $20 - $30. After the interview the discussion focused on offering $25 per hour and I accepted; however, when I received my offer letter...it stated $27 per hour and I accepted by signing the letter, scanning it and emailing it back to the HR representative.

Library Coordinator Interview

Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Charter College in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was asked to take a 1-hour "skills test" that actually ended up taking 3 hours. There were a lot of extremely advanced math questions, and I could not imagine why anyone would need to pass these questions for this type of job.

Interview Question – How someone as "smart" as me would work well with the demographic of a career college. I was uncomfortable with their roundabout way of explaining their demographic.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was just offered a hourly salary

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Charter College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charter College interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Charter College employees and interview candidates.