Charter Communications Broadband Technical Advisor I Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Louisville, KY).

Interview

If you are called into an interview for HSI and TTM they will have a randomly selected floor supervisor come down and interview you. There will be a technical knowledge test. Don't fret though because there were a few people I knew there that failed all the questions (the test is pretty easy like what's a modem etc...) If you pass your drug test you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• I was technically savy before working there but some people may be surprised by them asking you what an operating system is.an example of an operating system is Windows.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No offer, everyone starts out at the same pay rate.

Other Interview Reviews for Charter Communications

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Louisville, KY) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a half hour phone interview today, which caught me off guard as I was not expecting anyone to call. It's Friday at 6:00 pm and I thought when I answered that Charter was just letting me know that they received my application I sent 2 days ago. She was really friendly and put me at ease with her easy-going personality. I was asked several questions about a different set of scenarios that happen on jobs such as 'How would you de-escalate an angry customer'? How have you gone the extra mile for your customer? Also there were tech questions about such as 'What does a modem do'? What is a router?--I had to look up what a router was AFTER the phone call because I wasnt sure what one was. Biggest mistake i made in call was NOT asking questions when she asked if I had any!-However,, I didnt know she was going to call. Next step is an online assessment, which after reading these negative reviews on Charter here on Glass,,, uuuuhhhhh I dont know!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

havent done the assessment yet

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Louisville, KY) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online, after a couple months I received a call about my application. I was asked if I had time to do a over the phone interview with generic questions such as "do you know what a modem is?" and "do you know what bandwidth is?" After the phone interview I was sent a link to take a test online that showed I was able to problem solve account issues and work quickly. After the online test I was told to call the original person, that did the phone interview, back because the training class started soon. She then checked the online test and set up an in-person interview. I showed up for the in person interview on time but had to wait a bit for the person that was interviewing me to come do it. The questions were generic and seemed like he wasn't prepared. After the interview he went to talk to someone from HR for about 15 minutes then said I'd receive a call to let me know the results. I didn't receive a call for about 2 weeks, when I did it was from another recruiter who had seen my resume. He asked me two generic questions and then offered me the job over the phone and I went in to do the paperwork that day. He mentioned to me that the original position I had interviewed for had been filled BEFORE I even went in to the original interview, but that I was qualified for the job opening he had now.

Interview Questions

• None, they were all basic questions such as "give me an example of a time you went out of your way to help a customer"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes and no. I was not offered the job for what I originally interviewed for but was offered a different position. Pay is set in stone, so not a lot to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Rochester, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

Submitted an online job application about 4 months earlier. Got a call from a manager on the call center floor wanting to interview me for the position. The interview was a panel interview with 2 supervisors and 1 manager.

Interview Questions

• They ask the typical interview questions no big surprise here.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was absolutely no negotiation. The job paid just over $11 per hour.