Charter Communications

2.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications in November 2014.

Applied 4 weeks ago and then I received a call form a women in Charlotte, asking me to take the assessment as soon as possible which sounds promising, like they need people. I took it on a Tuesday it was about one and a half hours to finish the assessment. Next day I was called to set up an interview for the end of the week, on Friday and the interview was different. The manager was very laid back and it seemed like there were supposed to be others interviewed as well but I was the only one who showed up. So he proceeds to tell me a little about the job and then I jump in asking as many questions about the job as I would assume are appropriate. Then the manager asks me why I haven't asked about benefits and pay and I told him it doesn't seem like something to ask on the first interview when I'm trying to get the job, he wanted me to ask the questions that way I could make an informed decision, like he really wants me to work for them which was great. I thought the interview went very well, now I'm just waiting for a call back in order to go through background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
  • Why haven't you asked about the pay and benefits?   View Answer
No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Charter Communications

Broadband Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Filled out application online, 2-3 days later a recruiter called me to ask a few qualifying questions and set up an interview for 3 days from then, went to interview and called the next day with job offer. No trick questions, pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you saw a safety concern and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Broadband Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Have to apply on company website which is fairly straight forward and a resume is helpful. If called for an interview you will have a basic skill test which takes about an hour. You will then have a face to face interview with the supervisor which if fairly laid back but dress dress for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask about any cable or mechanical experience. The most difficult questions are about how you would handle negative customer interactions and how you adapt to change.   Answer Question
    There is not really an negotiation phase as this is an entry level position, however if you have considerable experience and can prove your self you may be able to get more then the starting wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fenton, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fenton, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Charter Communications in December 2012.

I applied online, 2 days later received a email with a assessment that included sections about mechanical functions, general know how and a personality test. Completed said assessment around noon received a phone call 3 hours later to set up a face to face interview, the phone call is very basic questions, ex. "why would you like to work with charter?".

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was probably have you ever been arrested? I haven't been but I also wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question
    Well my face to face interview is slated for next Thursday 12/20/12 so I have yet to receive a actual offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Charter Communications.

Took a while to hear anything from them after applying. Eventually received a call and set up an interview. I assumed it would be a 1:1 interview but instead I was interviewed by 2 members of their management. The interview questions were a bit strange and had nothing to do with the job, In my opinion anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to use math on the job?

Explain to us how you stay organized throughout the day?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications in November 2012.

I was contacted by phone after applying through the alabama joblink website. I had a 10 minute phone interview with basic questions, I then received an email about a week later to go online and take an aptitude test and pyschological questions. about weights and pulleys, gears, basic electricity and water flow, and general accounting. I then was called in for an interview which was with two people and they covered my skills and work history. The next week I was called in and completed an onsite swab test and was offered a position.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Phone interview, and then a face to face interview.

Broadband Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Charter Communications in June 2010.

I filled out an application and was called two days later for an interview that day. I interviewed with the local supervisor and was immediately offered the job pending a background check and driving record check. I accepted on a Thursday and started two weeks later due to the pay schedule. This was for my initial entry-level position with the company.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to take a web-based test that tested basic mechanical knowledge and structures. It was not difficult, but certainly unexpected.   Answer Question

Broadband Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charter Communications in June 2009.

they first give you a amplitude test.that takes about an hour and a half.then 1on1 for about a half hour.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when you handled a upset customer.what was your process   Answer Question