Charter Communications

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Broadband Technician

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview Details – Filled out application online, 2-3 days later a recruiter called me to ask a few qualifying questions and set up an interview for 3 days from then, went to interview and called the next day with job offer. No trick questions, pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you saw a safety concern and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Broadband Technician

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Charter Communications in June 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and was called two days later for an interview that day. I interviewed with the local supervisor and was immediately offered the job pending a background check and driving record check. I accepted on a Thursday and started two weeks later due to the pay schedule. This was for my initial entry-level position with the company.

Interview Question – I was asked to take a web-based test that tested basic mechanical knowledge and structures. It was not difficult, but certainly unexpected.   Answer Question

Broadband Technician

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview Details – Have to apply on company website which is fairly straight forward and a resume is helpful. If called for an interview you will have a basic skill test which takes about an hour. You will then have a face to face interview with the supervisor which if fairly laid back but dress dress for the interview.

Interview Question – They will ask about any cable or mechanical experience. The most difficult questions are about how you would handle negative customer interactions and how you adapt to change.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not really an negotiation phase as this is an entry level position, however if you have considerable experience and can prove your self you may be able to get more then the starting wage

Fenton, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Charter Communications in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, 2 days later received a email with a assessment that included sections about mechanical functions, general know how and a personality test. Completed said assessment around noon received a phone call 3 hours later to set up a face to face interview, the phone call is very basic questions, ex. "why would you like to work with charter?".

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was probably have you ever been arrested? I haven't been but I also wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Well my face to face interview is slated for next Thursday 12/20/12 so I have yet to receive a actual offer.

Saginaw, MI

I applied online and interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview Details – Took a while to hear anything from them after applying. Eventually received a call and set up an interview. I assumed it would be a 1:1 interview but instead I was interviewed by 2 members of their management. The interview questions were a bit strange and had nothing to do with the job, In my opinion anyway.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to use math on the job?

Explain to us how you stay organized throughout the day?
  Answer Question

Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charter Communications in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone after applying through the alabama joblink website. I had a 10 minute phone interview with basic questions, I then received an email about a week later to go online and take an aptitude test and pyschological questions. about weights and pulleys, gears, basic electricity and water flow, and general accounting. I then was called in for an interview which was with two people and they covered my skills and work history. The next week I was called in and completed an onsite swab test and was offered a position.

Interview Question – Na.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview Details – Phone interview, and then a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Simple interview questions. Panel of 4 interviewers.   Answer Question

Broadband Technician

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Charter Communications in June 2009.

Interview Details – they first give you a amplitude test.that takes about an hour and a half.then 1on1 for about a half hour.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you handled a upset customer.what was your process   Answer Question

Worked for Charter Communications? Contribute to the Community!