Charter Communications Broadband Technician Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in North Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charter Communications (North Worcester, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call. And was asked to take an assesment test. Next day called for interview. Went in met with HR manager. Then with supervisor and co. Asked basic interview question was told id here back. Last week. So hopefully i hear back from them. Would actually enjoy climbing and hooking up cable

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Charter Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two experienced field managers from the area. It was a swift and concise interview with basic questions about irate customers, fellow employees, some technical issues, and if I was afraid of heights or confined spaces. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and I felt relaxed and comfortable throughout.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of helping an irate customer?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Hickory, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied 4 weeks ago and then I received a call form a women in Charlotte, asking me to take the assessment as soon as possible which sounds promising, like they need people. I took it on a Tuesday it was about one and a half hours to finish the assessment. Next day I was called to set up an interview for the end of the week, on Friday and the interview was different. The manager was very laid back and it seemed like there were supposed to be others interviewed as well but I was the only one who showed up. So he proceeds to tell me a little about the job and then I jump in asking as many questions about the job as I would assume are appropriate. Then the manager asks me why I haven't asked about benefits and pay and I told him it doesn't seem like something to ask on the first interview when I'm trying to get the job, he wanted me to ask the questions that way I could make an informed decision, like he really wants me to work for them which was great. I thought the interview went very well, now I'm just waiting for a call back in order to go through background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why haven't you asked about the pay and benefits?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Broadband Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

Filled out application online, 2-3 days later a recruiter called me to ask a few qualifying questions and set up an interview for 3 days from then, went to interview and called the next day with job offer. No trick questions, pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you saw a safety concern and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Broadband Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

Have to apply on company website which is fairly straight forward and a resume is helpful. If called for an interview you will have a basic skill test which takes about an hour. You will then have a face to face interview with the supervisor which if fairly laid back but dress dress for the interview.

Interview Questions

• They will ask about any cable or mechanical experience. The most difficult questions are about how you would handle negative customer interactions and how you adapt to change.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not really an negotiation phase as this is an entry level position, however if you have considerable experience and can prove your self you may be able to get more then the starting wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fenton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Fenton, MO) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online, 2 days later received a email with a assessment that included sections about mechanical functions, general know how and a personality test. Completed said assessment around noon received a phone call 3 hours later to set up a face to face interview, the phone call is very basic questions, ex. "why would you like to work with charter?".

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was probably have you ever been arrested? I haven't been but I also wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Well my face to face interview is slated for next Thursday 12/20/12 so I have yet to receive a actual offer.

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saginaw, MI).

Interview

Took a while to hear anything from them after applying. Eventually received a call and set up an interview. I assumed it would be a 1:1 interview but instead I was interviewed by 2 members of their management. The interview questions were a bit strange and had nothing to do with the job, In my opinion anyway.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to use math on the job? Explain to us how you stay organized throughout the day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Birmingham, AL) in November 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by phone after applying through the alabama joblink website. I had a 10 minute phone interview with basic questions, I then received an email about a week later to go online and take an aptitude test and pyschological questions. about weights and pulleys, gears, basic electricity and water flow, and general accounting. I then was called in for an interview which was with two people and they covered my skills and work history. The next week I was called in and completed an onsite swab test and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Phone interview, and then a face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Jackson, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

The process took a couple months from start to finish. I applied online and was called by the local supervisor to set up an interview and the basic skills test. The test was very simple and covered basic math and mechanics. The interview didn't get too detailed. They asked just basic questions anout work history and technical knowloedge. It took a couple weeks to hear back after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiating unless you have previous cable experience. Get everything up front on paper!!! Don't take anyone's word on pay/benefits. Get it in writing!