Charter Communications Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

Basic questions about call centers and technology. Essentially it boiled down to what shift I wanted and if I'd show up. They will hire almost anyone. Otherwise the he rep was practically mechanical.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Charter Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Charter Communications (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview starts off with a basic aptitude test on the computer. This just makes sure you are actually able to do the job you are applying for. Then upon completion in a reasonable time, they will schedule you for a second interview. In that interview they will ask you how you would handle specific troublesome situations, or how to handle specific stressors, or giving examples of specific situations. If that is done and they like you, they do a recap interview with an upper HR Manager, and spend 20 minutes or so on the floor with an experienced rep, to make sure you still want it. Afterwords they ask you some questions about the calls you listened to, and questions on how you would have handled certain things.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer: How would you handle a disgruntled customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charter Communications (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Phone survey and test, phone interview, one on one interview. then go through a six week training with a test at the end you must pass to hit the floor.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got a angry customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Charter Communications (Louisville, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic question.. If you was in this position what would you do. Have you ever this and that. Need to know how to access a computer and go to place to place

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Onalaska, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications (Onalaska, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

The team interviews where interesting. But once completed it did not take long for the full process of hiring to happen. I do wish they would have let us know before hand that this was a team interview. I would have been able to prepare better.

Interview Questions

• This would have been "What is you biggest flaw at work?" It through me for a few but was able to recover and respond quickly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Charter Communications (Saginaw, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

Job description was not what was outlined in initial interview. All description of schedule was incorrect once training was completed and no one in management wanted to address or correct the issues of the schedule.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to view different types of information and categorize to fit the customers needs?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stressful environments?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a second interview with an additional member of the management team and offered the job days later. I accepted and began the employment background and verification process as well as a drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Filled out application online just before Christmas holiday,received a call to interview 2 weeks later. The office was nothing special, it was located in a small space in a strip mall area. The interview went well lots of stimulating questions, the lady conducting the interview made me feel very comfortable and it felt like a conversation. I received a call 3 days later asking me to fill out an online assessment, another call 2 days later to schedule the second interview with District Mgr,again very comfortable setting with both ladies interviewing this time, nothing too difficult. Accepted job offer 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• What is the most diffcult problem that you had to solve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charter Communications (Wausau, WI) in October 2012.

Interview

Long process. Contacted by email to take pre employment exam on-line. If you pass, someone will call for phone interview. Then referred to hiring manager to set up interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you did not perform as well as you could have on the job?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications in July 2012.

Interview

After applying online, I was called. I did a phone interview and then an online assessment. After that, I was scheduled for an interview. The interview was about 30 minutes and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The questions are simple questions about modems, operating systems, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation other than the available shifts.

Anonymous Employee in Covington, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Charter Communications (Covington, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

a phone interview which led to a face to face interview where a sales manager surprised me with an impromptu sales pitch. I had to convince him to buy charter services. I role played well and was passed on the 2nd interview with an area manager who tried to tell me how tough the sales field is and that only 1 in 10 people survive this field of door to door sales. I then was called in for a "General Knowledge" exam that caught me off guard due to its level of difficulty for a door to door sales job. I passed that exam and then was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone who has Directv to switch to charter?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a problem selling the service door to door?   Answer Question

It only paid 15k per year and a commission structure that seemed pretty low