Charter Communications Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.6

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charter Communications in August 2014.

Due to my location in relation to the site, did a phone interview with hiring manager, did a webex technical interview, then 2 more phone interviews with a peer manager and the director of the division. In total took about 4 weeks from time of application to the end of the process, including a holiday.

Interview Questions
    • Several technical questions that delved deep into L3 technologies, had to shake the dust off some of my knowledge to thoroughly answer since they weren't every day topics.   Answer Question
    Their first offer was a bit below my expectations. I requested the salary again that I had put on my application and after a few days, they met my desired salary.

Transport & Capacity Eng I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charter Communications in March 2012.

Applied online and took about a month for an Interview. Had one telephone interview with Hiring Manager and one face to face interview with Manager and two others,

They met my requested Salary

Field Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Charter Communications in August 2013.

You will get a very quick phone interview from HR ... basic questions like have you had a job before, what kind of experience you have, do you mind working at heights, and when can you start.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to help diffuse an argument between two employees and if so how would you do it.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations... job has a set pay rate.. started me @ $10.00/Hr.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Initial phone interview after applying on the company website. Asked to attend an in person interview. Second interviewer did not attend, which led me to believe they had already made a decision, and my interview was standard procedure.

Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Contacted first by phone 3 weeks after I submitted my application online to set up an in-person interview with the purchasing team and was asked basic STAR framework questions, and one question on my knowledge of the programs they used. Was contacted a week later for a second interview with the managers and asked very similar questions as in the first interview.

Broadband Installer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Charter Communications.

The interview went great! There were three supervisors and the HR gal, asking me easy enough question basically about my past experience. The person who talked the least was the one who hired me, which is great because he seems like he would be a good supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Why was the management bad from your previous employer. Yeah, that was 10 years ago so I fumbled a bit.   Answer Question
    It was the basic offer at 13.00 a hour.

Billing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Charter Communications in May 2014.

Applied online and got a call a few days later - had a phone interview with a very nice gentleman who invited me to come in for a 1:1 interview the next day. This included an assessment which was very easy. The interview however was tough and I don't know why they would make it so rough on an applicant - all 10 questions were ... 'give me an example of a time....'. I answered all questions with no problem, and I thought I nailed the test and interview even though the lady interviewing me had a 'Nurse Ratchet' personality. I was shocked when I got the 'Dear John' e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • Can't think of any right now - they were all basic but I wish it was mixed-up a bit, not just 'give me an example of...'.   Answer Question

Charter Communications Broadband Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Charter Communications in June 2010.

I applied online, and received a call from a recruiter about a week later. The call was about 15-20 minutes. She then scheduled a face-to-face interview for the next days.

The face-to-face as very casual and conversational. They did have me take a basic computer skills test, but it was very simple and easy. At the end of the interview, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • There was really no difficult questions. They don't ask much about your job history, the interview seemed to be mostly about guaging your personality.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Sales Representative (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Town and Country, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Town and Country, MO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Charter Communications in June 2014.

I applied online and the next week a HR rep called. She asked basic screening interview questions. She scheduled an interview to meet face to face the next day. I took an hour long assessment on site and immediately was interviewed by two sales managers. I was then offered a position immediately. I took mouth swab drug test and signed forms to start employment in two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you used a company policy over your own personal decision during a sale and how did it benefited the company?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to use an unusual approach to a customer for a sale? Name the steps and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Base pay (around $13) plus commission.

Broadband Technical Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charter Communications.

If you are called into an interview for HSI and TTM they will have a randomly selected floor supervisor come down and interview you. There will be a technical knowledge test. Don't fret though because there were a few people I knew there that failed all the questions (the test is pretty easy like what's a modem etc...) If you pass your drug test you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was technically savy before working there but some people may be surprised by them asking you what an operating system is.an example of an operating system is Windows.   Answer Question
    No offer, everyone starts out at the same pay rate.

Worked for Charter Communications? Contribute to the Community!