Charter Communications

2.6

Broadband Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications in November 2014.

Applied 4 weeks ago and then I received a call form a women in Charlotte, asking me to take the assessment as soon as possible which sounds promising, like they need people. I took it on a Tuesday it was about one and a half hours to finish the assessment. Next day I was called to set up an interview for the end of the week, on Friday and the interview was different. The manager was very laid back and it seemed like there were supposed to be others interviewed as well but I was the only one who showed up. So he proceeds to tell me a little about the job and then I jump in asking as many questions about the job as I would assume are appropriate. Then the manager asks me why I haven't asked about benefits and pay and I told him it doesn't seem like something to ask on the first interview when I'm trying to get the job, he wanted me to ask the questions that way I could make an informed decision, like he really wants me to work for them which was great. I thought the interview went very well, now I'm just waiting for a call back in order to go through background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Why haven't you asked about the pay and benefits?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Customer Service and Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charter Communications.

applied online - was contacted to complete assessment - assessment was online and timed - it was a lot of reading charts and graphs and pseudo-bills - I was unable to complete. Was not contacted with the results for a few weeks and I had difficulty tracking down an HR rep - when I did, they confirmed that I had completed all necessary and would be contacted by a rep - eventually I was. Completed two phone interviews and was called in for a direct interview with multiple managers - questions were very straight forward. Was offered the job and came into office to complete drug screening (mouth swab) and was hired

Interview Questions
    • very simple and straight forward- mostly with regards to handling difficult customers   Answer Question

Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview was requested via email. Once confirmed, a request for a sample of writing as pertained to job description. Request to clarify the type of writing resulted in responding with exactly the same verbiage. Found out in interview it was part of the interview- no right or wing answer, but had to justify why I responded the way I did.

Interview Questions
    • give me a specific example of a project   Answer Question
    • write a flow chart for changing a tire, interviewers then watch you do so   Answer Question

Broadband Installer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications in October 2014.

I applied to an add I found online. I got a phone call to schedule an interview as well as an over the phone interview about a week later. Also they had me take an online quiz/survey with some simple mechanical questions and simple math questions. The "in person" or 1 on 1 interview was really easy I was just asked a series of basic questions pertaining to my work experience. (ex. "can you give me an example of a time you had to deal with an angry customer".)

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most technical or challenging thing you at your previous job.   Answer Question

Telephone & Internet Repair Tier II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Four interviews. All done the same day. The first was a interview with HR and as long as you did well, you progressed to the next step. The last was with the director of IT. Offer at the end. After accepting they performed a hair based drug test. In which with permission, they cut a small piece of hair to submit it overnight for a drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was out of the ordinary. Basic interview questions and covering my background.   Answer Question
    The offer I got was a flat rate. There was no chance to ask for more at the time.

Broadband Technical Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charter Communications.

You are called in for an assessment which is very easy and afterward you stay for a face to face interview with HR. The interview asks basic questions like describe a situation where you had an irate customer and how did you deal, name a time you when about and beyond, how well do you handle stress etc.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Set pay.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Initial phone interview after applying on the company website. Asked to attend an in person interview. Second interviewer did not attend, which led me to believe they had already made a decision, and my interview was standard procedure.

Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Contacted first by phone 3 weeks after I submitted my application online to set up an in-person interview with the purchasing team and was asked basic STAR framework questions, and one question on my knowledge of the programs they used. Was contacted a week later for a second interview with the managers and asked very similar questions as in the first interview.

Broadband Installer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charter Communications.

The interview went great! There were three supervisors and the HR gal, asking me easy enough question basically about my past experience. The person who talked the least was the one who hired me, which is great because he seems like he would be a good supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Why was the management bad from your previous employer. Yeah, that was 10 years ago so I fumbled a bit.   Answer Question
    It was the basic offer at 13.00 a hour.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications in August 2014.

Due to my location in relation to the site, did a phone interview with hiring manager, did a webex technical interview, then 2 more phone interviews with a peer manager and the director of the division. In total took about 4 weeks from time of application to the end of the process, including a holiday.

Interview Questions
    • Several technical questions that delved deep into L3 technologies, had to shake the dust off some of my knowledge to thoroughly answer since they weren't every day topics.   Answer Question
    Their first offer was a bit below my expectations. I requested the salary again that I had put on my application and after a few days, they met my desired salary.