Charter Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

Basic questions about call centers and technology. Essentially it boiled down to what shift I wanted and if I'd show up. They will hire almost anyone. Otherwise the he rep was practically mechanical.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications (Madison, WI).

Interview

I had the wonderful opportunity to spend a little over a month interviewing for this company. It started with 2 phone interviews, after which I was brought in for a face-to-face interview. After that first interview I was brought back in for a second time and met a member of upper management and went over some final details. I was told I would hear back within a week and I NEVER HEARD BACK FROM THEM. Not even to tell me they found someone else to fill the position. Nothing, nada, zilch. Talk about unprofessional.

Retention Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

This was pretty drawn out. They do not have the highest expectations so they simply put you through a personality test, a typing test and then spend 5-10 minutes speaking with you about the job requirements.

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Contacted via email to come interview in-person. No phone contact. Basically had an interview with no questions asked about skill or knowledge in field even though I had the background in the industry. How can they even measure me against other candidates. HR also asked inappropriate questions that had nothing to do with the position (not illegal, just not ethical). In addition, the interview felt rushed and the hiring manager didn't seem to be engaged. It took over a month and contacting someone else who wasn't involved in the interviewing process to get an answer back. Not professional. Terrible experience. What do you expect to get from the cable industry? Highly recommend to steer away from Charter. There are other organizations that treat their interviewees with respect and dignity.

Interview Questions

• Do you have [name to remain anonymous]'s phone number?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Charter Communications (Greenwood Village, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Went through recruiting company first. Had 15 min conversation with team member that was located out of state. Then scheduled 3 person interview later that week. Each interview was about 20 to 30 mins long. Not a panel, less stressful but longer process and sometimes each person would ask the same question.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to create pivot tables and run queries out of Access while peer watched to see how you implemented the process.   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

I went online and applied for a customer service position. I was called about two weeks later and was told that applied for technical support. I do not remember doing so because I do not know much about internet and telephone troubleshooting, but I went with it. I was given a quick phone interview (they will ask if you know how to use Microsoft Word and what knowledge you have in hardware. Don't sweat it be honest, I told him I didn't know much and told him as much as I knew). I was then given an online assessment, passed it and was asked to go into a group interview. After the group interview I was asked to come in for a final interview and I was asked more troubleshooting questions. Again don't sweat it be honest. They train you for 8 weeks so they just want to see what you know. I was given the job on the spot after the last interview. Just be honest, do not lie and say you know something when you know you don't. That will make you look worse in the long run. Just know you will be trained and there is no need to stress yourself out. They just want to know if you have people skills and are friendly.

Interview Questions

• What are the three main wires to a modem?   1 Answer

Broadband Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two experienced field managers from the area. It was a swift and concise interview with basic questions about irate customers, fellow employees, some technical issues, and if I was afraid of heights or confined spaces. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and I felt relaxed and comfortable throughout.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of helping an irate customer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Charter Communications (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview starts off with a basic aptitude test on the computer. This just makes sure you are actually able to do the job you are applying for. Then upon completion in a reasonable time, they will schedule you for a second interview. In that interview they will ask you how you would handle specific troublesome situations, or how to handle specific stressors, or giving examples of specific situations. If that is done and they like you, they do a recap interview with an upper HR Manager, and spend 20 minutes or so on the floor with an experienced rep, to make sure you still want it. Afterwords they ask you some questions about the calls you listened to, and questions on how you would have handled certain things.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer: How would you handle a disgruntled customer?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Hour-long phone interview with the HR person. Generally just asked to go through my resume and talk about experience. At the end of the interview she asked me to come in for an in-person interview with her and the Operations Manager. We met the next week, they asked behavioral based questions. Afterward they emailed me an Excel skill test. The test itself was insane. It was in a browser and any misclicks marked the question wrong. Several times I completed the task only for the test to ask me to do it a different way. This test is the worst thing I have ever seen and really made me question the company and whether anyone there has taken this test.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to make an important decision on your own.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

The application and interview process was convoluted. I was asked to submit an application for an entirely different job because the hiring manager wasn't able to get an application for the job I wanted to apply for up on the website. I had one phone interview with someone who didn't know what job I was applying for so he told me he didn't know what types of questions to ask. The in person interview was better, but the majority of the interviewers still didn't ask questions pertinent to the position, so I left feeling like I hadn't demonstrated any ability to do the job. The drug test and background check were also unpleasant. I had to wait over 6 hours at the drug testing facility they sent me to, and the background check team in India called every day regarding an internship I had 10 years ago at a company that had since gone out of business.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't given the opportunity to negotiate anything.