Charter Communications Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.6

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simpsonville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Simpsonville, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

First you take a standard call center test at home. Then you are scheduled for a group interview. You do a group and individual activity. If selected, you go for a drug test. I would have felt more comfortable with a 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to sell an idea to someone and what were the obstacles   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. 11.54 per hour. But they do have a big perk /commision package. Another part of your salary, say goodbye to your cable/internet/phone bills!. Comes free with your employment. They also have a fully equipped gym onsite.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

Basic questions about call centers and technology. Essentially it boiled down to what shift I wanted and if I'd show up. They will hire almost anyone. Otherwise the he rep was practically mechanical.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Madison, WI).

Interview

I had the wonderful opportunity to spend a little over a month interviewing for this company. It started with 2 phone interviews, after which I was brought in for a face-to-face interview. After that first interview I was brought back in for a second time and met a member of upper management and went over some final details. I was told I would hear back within a week and I NEVER HEARD BACK FROM THEM. Not even to tell me they found someone else to fill the position. Nothing, nada, zilch. Talk about unprofessional.

Retention Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

This was pretty drawn out. They do not have the highest expectations so they simply put you through a personality test, a typing test and then spend 5-10 minutes speaking with you about the job requirements.

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Contacted via email to come interview in-person. No phone contact. Basically had an interview with no questions asked about skill or knowledge in field even though I had the background in the industry. How can they even measure me against other candidates. HR also asked inappropriate questions that had nothing to do with the position (not illegal, just not ethical). In addition, the interview felt rushed and the hiring manager didn't seem to be engaged. It took over a month and contacting someone else who wasn't involved in the interviewing process to get an answer back. Not professional. Terrible experience. What do you expect to get from the cable industry? Highly recommend to steer away from Charter. There are other organizations that treat their interviewees with respect and dignity.

Interview Questions

• Do you have [name to remain anonymous]'s phone number?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Greenwood Village, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Went through recruiting company first. Had 15 min conversation with team member that was located out of state. Then scheduled 3 person interview later that week. Each interview was about 20 to 30 mins long. Not a panel, less stressful but longer process and sometimes each person would ask the same question.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to create pivot tables and run queries out of Access while peer watched to see how you implemented the process.   1 Answer

Broadband Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charter Communications (North Worcester, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call. And was asked to take an assesment test. Next day called for interview. Went in met with HR manager. Then with supervisor and co. Asked basic interview question was told id here back. Last week. So hopefully i hear back from them. Would actually enjoy climbing and hooking up cable

Advanced Video Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with 2 managers from Operations. Then i was flown to Denver for face to face interview. I interviewed with a panel consisting of 3 principal Engineers and a manager. Questions where pretty tough by ok. Was told i they were interviewing other candidates.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

I went online and applied for a customer service position. I was called about two weeks later and was told that applied for technical support. I do not remember doing so because I do not know much about internet and telephone troubleshooting, but I went with it. I was given a quick phone interview (they will ask if you know how to use Microsoft Word and what knowledge you have in hardware. Don't sweat it be honest, I told him I didn't know much and told him as much as I knew). I was then given an online assessment, passed it and was asked to go into a group interview. After the group interview I was asked to come in for a final interview and I was asked more troubleshooting questions. Again don't sweat it be honest. They train you for 8 weeks so they just want to see what you know. I was given the job on the spot after the last interview. Just be honest, do not lie and say you know something when you know you don't. That will make you look worse in the long run. Just know you will be trained and there is no need to stress yourself out. They just want to know if you have people skills and are friendly.

Interview Questions

• What are the three main wires to a modem?   1 Answer

Broadband Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two experienced field managers from the area. It was a swift and concise interview with basic questions about irate customers, fellow employees, some technical issues, and if I was afraid of heights or confined spaces. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and I felt relaxed and comfortable throughout.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of helping an irate customer?   3 Answers