Charter Communications Interview Questions

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Phone survey and test, phone interview, one on one interview. then go through a six week training with a test at the end you must pass to hit the floor.

Associate Media Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Scheduled a phone interview, which was very successful. Then scheduled a face-to-face interview. The interview went OK, but she started asking me some technical questions that I hadn't studied for years. I couldn't answer a couple of them. Given some time to think, I could have, but I was not expecting those questions. Interviewer was abrasive. I already work for someone like that, and that's what I was trying to get away from. I really had no interest in working for them after the interview, but I never heard another word from them. If I go in for an interview, and I am not contacted afterward letting me know some sort of result, that's an automatic negative in my book. She also told me they conducted hair drug testing...nope.

Interview Questions
    • What are PUTs and HUTs, and how can you look at them to determine a successful program?   View Answer

Broadband Installer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Charter Communications.

Basic questions, but a lot of them, oral swab drug test. Two separate interviews, but they were back to back in the same day. It took a while for them to call me after I had applied online, about 3 months. Apparently they were going through a lot of hiring at the time, but still only brought on 1 or 2 guys. Other than that the training you get is really great actually.

Advanced Video Engineer II Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Charter Communications.

The interview process was personal, involved questions about Linux, networking, cable, and general problem solving logic. Team fit is an important aspect of the interview.

It took over a month for the hiring process. The position was a six month contract to hire position, but Charter is growing and conversions happen quickly.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about cable?   Answer Question
    • How would you troubleshoot a connection breakdown between servers?   Answer Question
    • What command would you use to determine the listening ports on a Linux machine?   Answer Question
    • How would you check if a specific port is open on a Linux machine from a remote server?   Answer Question

Broadband Installer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Applied online. Contacted the next day with very basic phone interview. Prompted during interview to take online assessment ( which took roughly one hour, and included basic mechanical and physical principles questions, accounting questions, and a fairly generic personality profile test). One day after completing the assessment, interviewed in person with the HR recruiter and 1 supervisor. The interview was very basic, and I was told interviews would be concluded in roughly 1.5 weeks, and I would hear back from them after this. Waiting for this call now...so no offer yet.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you dealt with an irate customer, and how you resolved the issue.
      Where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years?
      Name the five most important things you did at your previous job.

Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charter Communications.

The interview process went well. It started off with an easy phone interview which was about 23 minutes or more with basic interview questions. I got invited to take the assessment and was immediately interviewed again with a sales manager who asked me the same questions as whats was in the phone interview. I was then offered a job. Process from app fill out to signing was about 4 days total.

Interview Questions

There was another job offer on the table that was much more appealing.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeton, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeton, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charter Communications in January 2015.

Applied online, heard back for a phone interview less than a week later. An online assessment was emailed and completed, then they called on the next business day for an in-person interview with the department supervisor on the next day. He had a list of questions to ask, but was still conversational; interview didn't feel stiff and formal. One day later, I got a phone call with an offer, and went in the next day to sign the paperwork, do the drug test (mouth swab), and authorize a background check.

Interview Questions
    • A hypothetical scenario about what questions you would ask if you were doing catering for an event. I'm not sure if it really was a hard question, but I kinda spaced when I suddenly realized how hungry I was.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charter Communications in January 2015.

The interview process is very well laid out for an applicant. You will receive a phone call about a week after the job posting closes and a phone interview will be the first step.

Interview Questions
    • How is your previous experience help you with the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charter Communications in December 2014.

This was an interview for a contract position. The contracting company prepped me and gave me some background. The interviewers felt I had been prepped and the tone of the interview was uncomfortable at best. Almost as if the Charter folks had an issue with the contracting company. I kept a positive attitude as this was not my ideal position anyways.

Interview Questions
    • If you could do anything and be successful at it, what would you choose?   View Answer

Broadband Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications in November 2014.

Applied 4 weeks ago and then I received a call form a women in Charlotte, asking me to take the assessment as soon as possible which sounds promising, like they need people. I took it on a Tuesday it was about one and a half hours to finish the assessment. Next day I was called to set up an interview for the end of the week, on Friday and the interview was different. The manager was very laid back and it seemed like there were supposed to be others interviewed as well but I was the only one who showed up. So he proceeds to tell me a little about the job and then I jump in asking as many questions about the job as I would assume are appropriate. Then the manager asks me why I haven't asked about benefits and pay and I told him it doesn't seem like something to ask on the first interview when I'm trying to get the job, he wanted me to ask the questions that way I could make an informed decision, like he really wants me to work for them which was great. I thought the interview went very well, now I'm just waiting for a call back in order to go through background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Why haven't you asked about the pay and benefits?   View Answer
    No negotiation.