Charter Communications

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.6

Broadband Installer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Applied online. Contacted the next day with very basic phone interview. Prompted during interview to take online assessment ( which took roughly one hour, and included basic mechanical and physical principles questions, accounting questions, and a fairly generic personality profile test). One day after completing the assessment, interviewed in person with the HR recruiter and 1 supervisor. The interview was very basic, and I was told interviews would be concluded in roughly 1.5 weeks, and I would hear back from them after this. Waiting for this call now...so no offer yet.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you dealt with an irate customer, and how you resolved the issue.
      Where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years?
      Name the five most important things you did at your previous job.

Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charter Communications.

The interview process went well. It started off with an easy phone interview which was about 23 minutes or more with basic interview questions. I got invited to take the assessment and was immediately interviewed again with a sales manager who asked me the same questions as whats was in the phone interview. I was then offered a job. Process from app fill out to signing was about 4 days total.

Interview Questions

There was another job offer on the table that was much more appealing.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeton, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeton, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charter Communications in January 2015.

Applied online, heard back for a phone interview less than a week later. An online assessment was emailed and completed, then they called on the next business day for an in-person interview with the department supervisor on the next day. He had a list of questions to ask, but was still conversational; interview didn't feel stiff and formal. One day later, I got a phone call with an offer, and went in the next day to sign the paperwork, do the drug test (mouth swab), and authorize a background check.

Interview Questions
    • A hypothetical scenario about what questions you would ask if you were doing catering for an event. I'm not sure if it really was a hard question, but I kinda spaced when I suddenly realized how hungry I was.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charter Communications in January 2015.

The interview process is very well laid out for an applicant. You will receive a phone call about a week after the job posting closes and a phone interview will be the first step.

Interview Questions
    • How is your previous experience help you with the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charter Communications in December 2014.

This was an interview for a contract position. The contracting company prepped me and gave me some background. The interviewers felt I had been prepped and the tone of the interview was uncomfortable at best. Almost as if the Charter folks had an issue with the contracting company. I kept a positive attitude as this was not my ideal position anyways.

Interview Questions
    • If you could do anything and be successful at it, what would you choose?   View Answer

Broadband Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications in November 2014.

Applied 4 weeks ago and then I received a call form a women in Charlotte, asking me to take the assessment as soon as possible which sounds promising, like they need people. I took it on a Tuesday it was about one and a half hours to finish the assessment. Next day I was called to set up an interview for the end of the week, on Friday and the interview was different. The manager was very laid back and it seemed like there were supposed to be others interviewed as well but I was the only one who showed up. So he proceeds to tell me a little about the job and then I jump in asking as many questions about the job as I would assume are appropriate. Then the manager asks me why I haven't asked about benefits and pay and I told him it doesn't seem like something to ask on the first interview when I'm trying to get the job, he wanted me to ask the questions that way I could make an informed decision, like he really wants me to work for them which was great. I thought the interview went very well, now I'm just waiting for a call back in order to go through background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Why haven't you asked about the pay and benefits?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Customer Service and Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charter Communications.

applied online - was contacted to complete assessment - assessment was online and timed - it was a lot of reading charts and graphs and pseudo-bills - I was unable to complete. Was not contacted with the results for a few weeks and I had difficulty tracking down an HR rep - when I did, they confirmed that I had completed all necessary and would be contacted by a rep - eventually I was. Completed two phone interviews and was called in for a direct interview with multiple managers - questions were very straight forward. Was offered the job and came into office to complete drug screening (mouth swab) and was hired

Interview Questions
    • very simple and straight forward- mostly with regards to handling difficult customers   Answer Question

Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview was requested via email. Once confirmed, a request for a sample of writing as pertained to job description. Request to clarify the type of writing resulted in responding with exactly the same verbiage. Found out in interview it was part of the interview- no right or wing answer, but had to justify why I responded the way I did.

Interview Questions
    • give me a specific example of a project   Answer Question
    • write a flow chart for changing a tire, interviewers then watch you do so   Answer Question

Broadband Installer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications in October 2014.

I applied to an add I found online. I got a phone call to schedule an interview as well as an over the phone interview about a week later. Also they had me take an online quiz/survey with some simple mechanical questions and simple math questions. The "in person" or 1 on 1 interview was really easy I was just asked a series of basic questions pertaining to my work experience. (ex. "can you give me an example of a time you had to deal with an angry customer".)

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most technical or challenging thing you at your previous job.   Answer Question

Telephone & Internet Repair Tier II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Four interviews. All done the same day. The first was a interview with HR and as long as you did well, you progressed to the next step. The last was with the director of IT. Offer at the end. After accepting they performed a hair based drug test. In which with permission, they cut a small piece of hair to submit it overnight for a drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was out of the ordinary. Basic interview questions and covering my background.   Answer Question
    The offer I got was a flat rate. There was no chance to ask for more at the time.