Charter Communications

Average Difficulty
107 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative (Call Center) Interview

Sales Representative (Call Center)
Town and Country, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charter Communications in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the next week a HR rep called. She asked basic screening interview questions. She scheduled an interview to meet face to face the next day. I took an hour long assessment on site and immediately was interviewed by two sales managers. I was then offered a position immediately. I took mouth swab drug test and signed forms to start employment in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you used a company policy over your own personal decision during a sale and how did it benefited the company?   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you had to use an unusual approach to a customer for a sale? Name the steps and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Base pay (around $13) plus commission.

Very Easy Interview

Broadband Technical Advisor I Interview

Broadband Technical Advisor I
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview Details – If you are called into an interview for HSI and TTM they will have a randomly selected floor supervisor come down and interview you. There will be a technical knowledge test. Don't fret though because there were a few people I knew there that failed all the questions (the test is pretty easy like what's a modem etc...) If you pass your drug test you will get the job.

Interview Question – I was technically savy before working there but some people may be surprised by them asking you what an operating system is.an example of an operating system is Windows.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No offer, everyone starts out at the same pay rate.

Technical Customer Service Interview

Technical Customer Service

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair and I could not be more pleased with how it went. They did not waste my time. I was moved through the processes of three interviews quickly. The people were friendly and nice.

Interview Question – They did not ask any questions that I could not easily answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations. I was told the rate, take it or leave it.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview Details – The initial interview process went well however every manager happened to be very busy at the time so it took a bit for anyone to get to me. The recruiter was kind though and kept stopping by to see if I needed anything and to let me know that they hadn't forgotten me. When a manager was finally available he was very polite, answered all of my questions, and gave me a decent rundown of what was to be expected from the position I was applying for.

Interview Question – The most difficult thing wasn't necessarily the interview questions but the two hour long assessment required to being hired.   Answer Question

Broadband Technician Interview

Broadband Technician

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview Details – Filled out application online, 2-3 days later a recruiter called me to ask a few qualifying questions and set up an interview for 3 days from then, went to interview and called the next day with job offer. No trick questions, pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you saw a safety concern and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Support Representative Interview

Associate Technical Support Representative

Interview Details – Applied online, then short phone interview. Sent an assessment. Next day they called in for an interview. Offered the job on the spot pending drug test and background check.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in a year with Charter   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Onalaska, WI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charter Communications in March 2014.

Interview Details – The team interviews where interesting. But once completed it did not take long for the full process of hiring to happen. I do wish they would have let us know before hand that this was a team interview. I would have been able to prepare better.

Interview Question – This would have been "What is you biggest flaw at work?" It through me for a few but was able to recover and respond quickly.   Answer Question

Manager of Financial Analysis and Planning Interview

Manager of Financial Analysis and Planning
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Charter Communications in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, initial phone interview, then 3 face to face interviews. I interviewed with an initial phone screen with the recruiter. A month later I had 3 face to face one with HR, and two one-on-one's with two different hiring managers. I was brought in to interview for a management position. At the end of both interviews both hiring managers both stated I know we brought you in here for this position but here's an entry level position that you really need to take as it'll be a great step in your career and doesn't make sense for you not to take it. I was offered this lower position at 75% of my current salary and at a lower title. I declined the offer for these reasons.

Interview Question – Explain to me why Charter is better than your current place of employment.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They gave me a job I didn't even apply for and it was a step down both in title and in pay.

Broadband Installer Interview

Broadband Installer
Belleville, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview Details – Did the initial test on the day I filled out the online application. Got a phonecall several days later for another online test. Got called in for an interview about a week later. After that, went by their office for a drugtest and started about a month later

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Billing Advisor Interview

Customer Service Billing Advisor
Fond du Lac, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview Details – Easy as pie, they want another body to take the abuse because those in the general populace who have genuine self respect would not ever tolerate this sort of client/rep interaction for such stingy remuneration except under grave duress.

Interview Question – What day can you start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. 13.00/hour

Worked for Charter Communications? Contribute to the Community!