Charter Communications

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Charter Communications in May 2013.

Job description was not what was outlined in initial interview. All description of schedule was incorrect once training was completed and no one in management wanted to address or correct the issues of the schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to view different types of information and categorize to fit the customers needs?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stressful environments?   Answer Question
    I was offered a second interview with an additional member of the management team and offered the job days later. I accepted and began the employment background and verification process as well as a drug test.

Broadband Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications in November 2014.

Applied 4 weeks ago and then I received a call form a women in Charlotte, asking me to take the assessment as soon as possible which sounds promising, like they need people. I took it on a Tuesday it was about one and a half hours to finish the assessment. Next day I was called to set up an interview for the end of the week, on Friday and the interview was different. The manager was very laid back and it seemed like there were supposed to be others interviewed as well but I was the only one who showed up. So he proceeds to tell me a little about the job and then I jump in asking as many questions about the job as I would assume are appropriate. Then the manager asks me why I haven't asked about benefits and pay and I told him it doesn't seem like something to ask on the first interview when I'm trying to get the job, he wanted me to ask the questions that way I could make an informed decision, like he really wants me to work for them which was great. I thought the interview went very well, now I'm just waiting for a call back in order to go through background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Why haven't you asked about the pay and benefits?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Warehouse Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications in August 2014.

Applied online and received a call about a week later from the head of warehousing asking me some questions and wanting to set up an in person interview for a few days later. Showed up and it started by giving me quick tour of where I would be working and a quick explanation of what I'd be responsible for. The entire interview was a pretty basic interview you'd get from anywhere. Why do you think you'd be a good fit, what do you know about Charter as a company, what would you bring to the team, your strengths and weaknesses. The entire interview lasts as long as you want it to, depending how much or how little you want to share. Lasted about 20 minutes for me. The manager thanked me in the end and told me he'd be in touch either way by phone or email letting me know his choice. I received an email a couple weeks later informing me that I had not been selected for the position

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South West City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South West City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charter Communications in August 2011.

Be patient and persistent. Process takes around two months. On line application first. Three different interviews, starts with supervisor then with two different managers. Study companies cable history, have some technology knowledge.

Interview Questions
    Need sales experience. Direct sales preferred. Be excited, energetic and confident.

Customer Service and Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charter Communications.

applied online - was contacted to complete assessment - assessment was online and timed - it was a lot of reading charts and graphs and pseudo-bills - I was unable to complete. Was not contacted with the results for a few weeks and I had difficulty tracking down an HR rep - when I did, they confirmed that I had completed all necessary and would be contacted by a rep - eventually I was. Completed two phone interviews and was called in for a direct interview with multiple managers - questions were very straight forward. Was offered the job and came into office to complete drug screening (mouth swab) and was hired

Interview Questions
    • very simple and straight forward- mostly with regards to handling difficult customers   Answer Question

Quality Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charter Communications in November 2011.

Assessment test, manager experience, employee relationship,understanding how to hire and fire employees. Knowing how to use the policies and procedures to support your reasons to dismiss and employee. Understanding the EEOC process. Knowing how to evaluate potential employees during the interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • What is your position on firing someone with children?   Answer Question
    Yes negotiation is contingent on your knowledge.

Broadband Installer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications in October 2014.

I applied to an add I found online. I got a phone call to schedule an interview as well as an over the phone interview about a week later. Also they had me take an online quiz/survey with some simple mechanical questions and simple math questions. The "in person" or 1 on 1 interview was really easy I was just asked a series of basic questions pertaining to my work experience. (ex. "can you give me an example of a time you had to deal with an angry customer".)

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most technical or challenging thing you at your previous job.   Answer Question

Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview was requested via email. Once confirmed, a request for a sample of writing as pertained to job description. Request to clarify the type of writing resulted in responding with exactly the same verbiage. Found out in interview it was part of the interview- no right or wing answer, but had to justify why I responded the way I did.

Interview Questions
    • give me a specific example of a project   Answer Question
    • write a flow chart for changing a tire, interviewers then watch you do so   Answer Question

Telephone & Internet Repair Tier II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charter Communications.

Four interviews. All done the same day. The first was a interview with HR and as long as you did well, you progressed to the next step. The last was with the director of IT. Offer at the end. After accepting they performed a hair based drug test. In which with permission, they cut a small piece of hair to submit it overnight for a drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was out of the ordinary. Basic interview questions and covering my background.   Answer Question
    The offer I got was a flat rate. There was no chance to ask for more at the time.

Broadband Technical Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charter Communications.

You are called in for an assessment which is very easy and afterward you stay for a face to face interview with HR. The interview asks basic questions like describe a situation where you had an irate customer and how did you deal, name a time you when about and beyond, how well do you handle stress etc.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Set pay.