Charter Communications

112 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Technical Support Representative Interview

Associate Technical Support Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview Details – Applied online, then short phone interview. Sent an assessment. Next day they called in for an interview. Offered the job on the spot pending drug test and background check.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in a year with Charter   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Onalaska, WI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charter Communications in March 2014.

Interview Details – The team interviews where interesting. But once completed it did not take long for the full process of hiring to happen. I do wish they would have let us know before hand that this was a team interview. I would have been able to prepare better.

Interview Question – This would have been "What is you biggest flaw at work?" It through me for a few but was able to recover and respond quickly.   Answer Question

Manager of Financial Analysis and Planning Interview

Manager of Financial Analysis and Planning
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Charter Communications in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, initial phone interview, then 3 face to face interviews. I interviewed with an initial phone screen with the recruiter. A month later I had 3 face to face one with HR, and two one-on-one's with two different hiring managers. I was brought in to interview for a management position. At the end of both interviews both hiring managers both stated I know we brought you in here for this position but here's an entry level position that you really need to take as it'll be a great step in your career and doesn't make sense for you not to take it. I was offered this lower position at 75% of my current salary and at a lower title. I declined the offer for these reasons.

Interview Question – Explain to me why Charter is better than your current place of employment.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They gave me a job I didn't even apply for and it was a step down both in title and in pay.

Broadband Installer Interview

Broadband Installer
Belleville, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview Details – Did the initial test on the day I filled out the online application. Got a phonecall several days later for another online test. Got called in for an interview about a week later. After that, went by their office for a drugtest and started about a month later

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Billing Advisor Interview

Customer Service Billing Advisor
Fond du Lac, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview Details – Easy as pie, they want another body to take the abuse because those in the general populace who have genuine self respect would not ever tolerate this sort of client/rep interaction for such stingy remuneration except under grave duress.

Interview Question – What day can you start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. 13.00/hour

Account Executive - MDU Interview

Account Executive - MDU

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview Details – Standard phone interview followed by a in person interview, followed by drug test, reference check and background check. They asked the normal questions to determine how much I knew about the job I applied for. Gave me real expectations of what to expect and then offered me a written job proposal.

Interview Question – Why did I leave my last employer .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy, they met all my request

Billing Representative Interview

Billing Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charter Communications in April 2014.

Interview Details – I sent in my application and received a call a little less than a week later. They went over the job description and asked me a little about my job experience and then asked me to come in for an assessment. The assessment was pretty basic and explained a little about the Billing Rep position. They sent me home after and told me it'd be a few days before i'd hear anything. 3 hours later they called and asked me to come in for an interview. I went in the next day and interviewed. The lady who did my first interview was really intimidating and i figured I blew that interview. The next day they called and asked me to come in for a second interview. I went in this morning and interviewed with a gentleman who was MUCH nicer and a lot less scary. He had me sit in the lobby after the interview and right after a HR employee came and got me to offer me the position.

Interview Question – Tell me why you're the best person for the position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the offer so I didn't negotiate.

High Speed Data Technician Interview

High Speed Data Technician
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Charter Communications in August 2010.

Interview Details – The process was very laid back and impersonal. Felt more like an invitation to join the company than any other interview.

Interview Question – Technical question about the in house software they were using at the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short and easy.

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview Details – Called and questioned. Follow-up set, hired on the spot but had to await training

Negotiation Details – Training schedule (morning vs Night)

Store Lead Interview

Store Lead

Interviewed at Charter Communications

Interview Details – standard review process nothing out of realm of regular questions

Interview Question – no questions out of ordinary   Answer Question