Charter Communications Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview starts off with a basic aptitude test on the computer. This just makes sure you are actually able to do the job you are applying for. Then upon completion in a reasonable time, they will schedule you for a second interview. In that interview they will ask you how you would handle specific troublesome situations, or how to handle specific stressors, or giving examples of specific situations. If that is done and they like you, they do a recap interview with an upper HR Manager, and spend 20 minutes or so on the floor with an experienced rep, to make sure you still want it. Afterwords they ask you some questions about the calls you listened to, and questions on how you would have handled certain things.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer: How would you handle a disgruntled customer?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Hour-long phone interview with the HR person. Generally just asked to go through my resume and talk about experience. At the end of the interview she asked me to come in for an in-person interview with her and the Operations Manager. We met the next week, they asked behavioral based questions. Afterward they emailed me an Excel skill test. The test itself was insane. It was in a browser and any misclicks marked the question wrong. Several times I completed the task only for the test to ask me to do it a different way. This test is the worst thing I have ever seen and really made me question the company and whether anyone there has taken this test.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to make an important decision on your own.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

The application and interview process was convoluted. I was asked to submit an application for an entirely different job because the hiring manager wasn't able to get an application for the job I wanted to apply for up on the website. I had one phone interview with someone who didn't know what job I was applying for so he told me he didn't know what types of questions to ask. The in person interview was better, but the majority of the interviewers still didn't ask questions pertinent to the position, so I left feeling like I hadn't demonstrated any ability to do the job. The drug test and background check were also unpleasant. I had to wait over 6 hours at the drug testing facility they sent me to, and the background check team in India called every day regarding an internship I had 10 years ago at a company that had since gone out of business.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't given the opportunity to negotiate anything.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Newtown, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. One thing that was different was they had a list of questions that dealt with social and personal experiences. Also I had to sell them a pen on the spot which was great because they can get an idea of how skilled you are.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Broadband Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blountville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Blountville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy, laid back, calm environment. Plenty of questions about background and work experience. Went through a phone interview a week after my application and basic skills test. Then had a group interview. Then two weeks later a 2:1 interview. With a gap of 2 weeks before i got offer and another 3 week gap till I started.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a difficult situation to deal with.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Phone survey and test, phone interview, one on one interview. then go through a six week training with a test at the end you must pass to hit the floor.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got a angry customer.   1 Answer

Associate Media Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview, which was very successful. Then scheduled a face-to-face interview. The interview went OK, but she started asking me some technical questions that I hadn't studied for years. I couldn't answer a couple of them. Given some time to think, I could have, but I was not expecting those questions. Interviewer was abrasive. I already work for someone like that, and that's what I was trying to get away from. I really had no interest in working for them after the interview, but I never heard another word from them. If I go in for an interview, and I am not contacted afterward letting me know some sort of result, that's an automatic negative in my book. She also told me they conducted hair drug testing...nope.

Interview Questions

• What are PUTs and HUTs, and how can you look at them to determine a successful program?   1 Answer

Broadband Installer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

Basic questions, but a lot of them, oral swab drug test. Two separate interviews, but they were back to back in the same day. It took a while for them to call me after I had applied online, about 3 months. Apparently they were going through a lot of hiring at the time, but still only brought on 1 or 2 guys. Other than that the training you get is really great actually.

Interview Questions

• Do you have references with you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

The interview process was personal, involved questions about Linux, networking, cable, and general problem solving logic. Team fit is an important aspect of the interview. It took over a month for the hiring process. The position was a six month contract to hire position, but Charter is growing and conversions happen quickly.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about cable?   Answer Question
    • How would you troubleshoot a connection breakdown between servers?   Answer Question
    • What command would you use to determine the listening ports on a Linux machine?   Answer Question
    • How would you check if a specific port is open on a Linux machine from a remote server?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Louisville, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic question.. If you was in this position what would you do. Have you ever this and that. Need to know how to access a computer and go to place to place