Charter Communications Retention Specialist Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in WaLakeer, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (WaLakeer, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

Received call from human resources. Was considered phone interview. Then took the 3 tests online (skill, personality and IQ test) passed those. Then received a call next day to have 1:1 interview, passed that. Questions pretty difficult if never in sales field before. Next day received call with job offer and to come in following business day to take drug test and fill out background information. Start class November 28th.

Interview Questions

• All the interview questions had to do with a difficult situation and what the ending result was and how you got that result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Charter Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walker, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Walker, MI) in September 2011.

Interview

Apply online, take a personality test and a computer test which is pretty easy. Interview is easy. You are asked typical questions that a supervisor will read from a script packet. Once a job is offered you take a drug test which is done at the HR office on site.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were unable to help a customer the way you would have liked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was "this is what we pay, take it or leave it."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Vancouver, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

Very quick hiring practice. Submitted resume on line on a Wed. was contacted by phone on Fri. to schedule my skills test. The following Monday had my skills test and drug screen, group interview on Wed, and job offer on Fri. Started that next mon.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had an unhappy customer and how did you resolve it..   Answer Question
    • How would you over come an objection to price?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting wages were non-negotiable, but commission side was very appealing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Vancouver, WA) in June 2009.

Interview

I pestered the HR rep for three weeks contacting her every couple of days, made contacts on the inside, got recommendations, finally got the interview with a local supervisor, started the very next in training (7 week training paid hourly)

Interview Questions

• How you you retain a customer who is so frustrated they can no longer logically think?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Greenville, SC) in April 2009.

Interview

1. Online Application 2. Phone Interview/Screening 3. Assessment 4. Face-to-face interview. 6. Candidates that are deemed to be a good fit will receive a tentative offer at the conclusion of the interview. 6. Sterling Background Check 5. Orientation and Training (Assessments)

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you know you are right and your boss disagrees with you? Give me an example of when this has happened in your career.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The interviewer advised me of the base salary and commission component.

Retention Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Communications in January 2009.

Interview

First, a logic and typing test, then an in-depth interview. They will ask questions about your communication skills, and previous experience. Give specific answers. Give your point of view with a specific example.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They start you out at a beginning rate. You earn commissions based on your sales skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Fond du Lac, WI) in February 2008.

Interview

Applied online, received first phone call a few weeks later for phone interview, asked to come in for in face interview...that starts with a computer test and then the face to face interview (mine was with one of the retention supervisors). After that they will call you back to offer you the job and to come in for a drug test (mouth swab).

Interview Questions

• It's hard to find different answers for each question because they are so much alike. "Name a time when....." type questions   Answer Question

Retention Specialist Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Charter Communications in January 2012.

Interview

Received a phone interview with a description of the job and was asked a few questions to make sure that I was still interested and fit the basic requirements. I was then told to take a skills/personality test that was received through email. This test took about an hour. I them received an email letting me know that I passed by the head of HR. Then I was scheduled for a 1:1 interview where I was asked many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had a customer and were not able to give them what they wanted.   Answer Question

Retention Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charter Communications in April 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, skills and personality test, face to face, recieve offer and drug test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none