Charter Schools USA

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

1.9

Elementary Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Charter Schools USA in July 2014.

Waited almost 2 hours for interview. Mine took 10 minutes. Very nice principal. Referred me for 2nd interview. I was given 1 hour notice. I get there and the interviewer had left with no warning.

Too unorganized.

Elementary Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charter Schools USA in July 2014.

I was pleased as the interview began, however a bit rush, combined with fluff. I, an experienced educator, was floored when I heard what my salary was going to be like. The administrators who interviewed me where trying to convinced me to take the position due to "kids first" and how he knew my heart was for the kids....blah, blah, blah....I regardless of my red flags took the position. I was blinded by all the great innovations at this particular school.
    Now that I am teaching there, am and the rest of my colleagues are able to see the REAL face of this corporation. I and the rest of my wonderful friends are working our tails off, for less. And yes we love our students, however we need to be compensated with more, or least match what our demands are!!!
    These demands were not discussed in my interview because it was hidden behind the fluff and lies.
    If you are here reading this and you are not working for this company yet, please, please runnnnnn! I am here reading everyone else's cry and I should kick myself because I should have done this research prior to accepting my position.

Interview Questions
    based on guilt, and showing my credentials

4th Grade Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Charter Schools USA in July 2014.

First it a phone call to set it up and then i got there I was interviewed by the guidance counselor and another teacher whom i substituted for. So they asked me preselected questions for new teachers even though i only substituted before but it was really nice that they let me interview for the postion even though I don't have my K-6 license.

Interview Questions
    • What is a typical day or lesson plan would look like?   View Answer
    None.

Teacher Interview

Went through a few rounds of interviews. They were all pleasant and not too formal or scary. The principal was nice and asked questions relevant to the position; nothing out of line or impertinent. The entire process took about four weeks for an offer to be made. The process is definitely much easier than the Broward County School District (lots of beaurocracy, paper-work, and interviews.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Charter Schools USA in October 2013.

They called me up after I submitted an online application, went in for an interview and was able to secure the postion.

None

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charter Schools USA.

This one day interview was set up like a career fair. You interview with a number of people. I interviewed with about 5 total. Expect to be there for about 3 hours. Most questions dealt with management and differentiation. Some candidates had to perform classroom lessons in front of live students for a half hour. Others were hired on the spot without having to do this. They asked what grade I wanted to teach and a contract was printed of the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I pick you over the other candidates?   View Answer
    There was no negotiations. You were put in a room by yourself with the contract. Later, someone came in and asked if you signed it. You are an at will employee, so you can leave or be dismissed at any time, without reason.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Charter Schools USA in July 2013.

It was a new school and the interviewing process took about 6 hours because they were hiring for so many positions

It took about six hours

Teacher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Charter Schools USA.

Had to take educator certification tests to gain employment.

n/a

Secondary Teacher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Charter Schools USA.

Interviewed by phone out of state

Interview Questions
    There were no negotiations on anything

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charter Schools USA in September 2012.

Quick interview....10 minutes...they're looking for people with warm bodies and a pulse to replace the other 1000 that ran away because of low wages, no raises, no pension, and horrible work ethics. They have such a high turnover rate obviously. They will exploit you so apply elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    $35,000 for Bachelors or Masters....$2,000 additional for experience....not negotiable...