Charter Schools USA

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

1.9

Elementary Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Charter Schools USA in July 2014.

I was pleased as the interview began, however a bit rush, combined with fluff. I, an experienced educator, was floored when I heard what my salary was going to be like. The administrators who interviewed me where trying to convinced me to take the position due to "kids first" and how he knew my heart was for the kids....blah, blah, blah....I regardless of my red flags took the position. I was blinded by all the great innovations at this particular school.
    Now that I am teaching there, am and the rest of my colleagues are able to see the REAL face of this corporation. I and the rest of my wonderful friends are working our tails off, for less. And yes we love our students, however we need to be compensated with more, or least match what our demands are!!!
    These demands were not discussed in my interview because it was hidden behind the fluff and lies.
    If you are here reading this and you are not working for this company yet, please, please runnnnnn! I am here reading everyone else's cry and I should kick myself because I should have done this research prior to accepting my position.

Interview Questions
    based on guilt, and showing my credentials

Elementary Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Charter Schools USA in July 2014.

Waited almost 2 hours for interview. Mine took 10 minutes. Very nice principal. Referred me for 2nd interview. I was given 1 hour notice. I get there and the interviewer had left with no warning.

Too unorganized.

4th Grade Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Charter Schools USA in July 2014.

First it a phone call to set it up and then i got there I was interviewed by the guidance counselor and another teacher whom i substituted for. So they asked me preselected questions for new teachers even though i only substituted before but it was really nice that they let me interview for the postion even though I don't have my K-6 license.

Interview Questions
    • What is a typical day or lesson plan would look like?   View Answer
    None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coral Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Charter Schools USA in July 2012.

The interview process took a few days, I applied online and received a call to come in the following day for an interview. I was interviewed by the Assistant Principal first and asked very run of the mill questions about my resume. "How would you incorporate centers into the classroom, what are your strengths as a teacher, explain how you would differentiate this content to a diverse classroom."
    After speaking with her for about 2 minutes, I was then pushed along to the Principal who asked me most of the same questions with more emphasis on tracking student growth and learning gains.
    The interview was very conversational based, both ladies were pleasant and chatty and really seemed to enjoy speaking with me.
    I was offered a position on the spot along with my starting salary and benefit information.

Interview Questions
    • Which direction would you have students face in your classroom?
      How would you teach a student about sublimation?
        Answer Question
    I was a recent college graduate and was not able to negogiate salary.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Charter Schools USA in July 2013.

It was a new school and the interviewing process took about 6 hours because they were hiring for so many positions

It took about six hours

Teacher Elementary Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Florida, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Charter Schools USA in July 2012.

Easy, Relaxed Job Fair Setting

Teacher Interview

Went through a few rounds of interviews. They were all pleasant and not too formal or scary. The principal was nice and asked questions relevant to the position; nothing out of line or impertinent. The entire process took about four weeks for an offer to be made. The process is definitely much easier than the Broward County School District (lots of beaurocracy, paper-work, and interviews.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Charter Schools USA in June 2012.

It went smooth. You go through 5 part interview with several people. Its a long time but they want to be sure.

There was none they pay same for all people reguardless of years of experience. So its a general base pay. Don't expect raises they claim they have budget issues that prevent this.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Charter Schools USA in October 2013.

They called me up after I submitted an online application, went in for an interview and was able to secure the postion.

None

Secondary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Charter Schools USA in July 2009.

Interview with assistant principal, most times a second interview, if they like you hired on spot

Interview Questions
    • What is your teaching philosophy and what can you bring to our school?   Answer Question
    none

Worked for Charter Schools USA? Contribute to the Community!