Charter Schools USA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Tamarac, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Tamarac, FL).

Interview

I was interviewed by the previous assistant principal. Many other teachers told me they did a second round with the Principal but I did not. It was about 30 minutes long and she recorded everything on a sheet of paper that had the questions. It's clear that they use the same set of questions for everyone. I wasn't sure if I had the job or not. They said they would call me and didn't so I had to call after a few days.

Interview Questions

• Describe what your classroom will look like. How will you use parent volunteers?   Answer Question

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview that they were unprepared for. I was asked to do a team building exercise with the other candidates and they were surprised at how quickly we completed the exercise, then we were ask to do the exercise again only this time without talking. After the team building exercise we were given some data and asked to create a School Plan in groups as we were going over the data the dropout rate was a 20% for freshman and when we asked was that percentage correct we were told yes. After the staff went over the data sheet they told us it should have been 2.0 and not 20. Then we had to read an article about linking teacher evaluations to student performance and have a discussion about the article they allowed one candidate to speak for 15 minutes and then they put a 1 minute time limit on our hours. After the group interview they informed us that we will move onto individual interviews next. I had to wait 30 minutes for my individual interview because they didn't have any rooms ready to interview. I was asked 4 questions and scored using a rubric. They didn't know my friend was in the process with me and they asked her 11 questions and she was also scored on a rubric.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

One on one interview. Basic questions from an inexperienced interviewer with some teaching questions thrown in. Did not ask what my teaching philosophy was. (They teach you to teach one way). Had I been interviewed by the Principal, I probably would have run the other way...Knowing what I know now, all inclusive classrooms do not allow for highly effective teachers without an assistant or co-teacher. The ratio is 25-1 if not higher.

Interview Questions

• How I have handled behavior issues in the past (should have been a red flag!).   Answer Question

Assistant Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was given a phone screening that was scheduled on a day and time of my choice. They were very accommodating. The person who conducted the phone screening was very kind and professional. The screening was recorded and the process was explained throughout the screen. There were many questions asked about my knowledge and skills to go the job I applied for. At the end of the screening I was giving the opportunity to ask questions. The was a very conformable process.

Interview Questions

• Name a researcher that has influenced on your thinking.   1 Answer

Support Center Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Met with all supervisors and managers. They asked the right questions and started me at a fair salary based on my experience in the field. Overall, they were welcoming and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your previous job and how does it relate to this position?   1 Answer

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Consisted in a phone call from a previous agency interview. I've been contacted by the HR and the interview took about 2 minutes because I insisted in some things. The most humiliating interviews I ever made. She just want to know my previous salary and insisted until got her information. At the moment that i said she simply sad that she won't move forward with me. Absolutely disgusting.

Anonymous Employee in Hesperia, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Hesperia, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted interview online through edjoin. Waited two weeks for response from principal. Was given interview on campus. Was offered job one week later. Was notified by current employee it is difficult for school to hold onto substitute employees because they want to be hired full time after they received their credential. It is even more difficult to hold onto full time teachers because once they recedive experience at the charter school level they leave to the school district for more money.

Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview and each person asked a question about my experience. It was not a difficult process. They asked what you would do in certain situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Senoia, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Senoia, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process took about 30 minutes and was conducted in an environment that made me feel comfortable and welcomed. Questions asked were typically related to my teaching experiences prior to retirement. A thorough summary about Charter Schools USA business model was provided. This made for what I consider to be my most successful interview ever.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to share experiences that contributed to my teaching career.   1 Answer

Elementary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA in July 2014.

Interview

I was pleased as the interview began, however a bit rush, combined with fluff. I, an experienced educator, was floored when I heard what my salary was going to be like. The administrators who interviewed me where trying to convinced me to take the position due to "kids first" and how he knew my heart was for the kids....blah, blah, blah....I regardless of my red flags took the position. I was blinded by all the great innovations at this particular school. Now that I am teaching there, am and the rest of my colleagues are able to see the REAL face of this corporation. I and the rest of my wonderful friends are working our tails off, for less. And yes we love our students, however we need to be compensated with more, or least match what our demands are!!! These demands were not discussed in my interview because it was hidden behind the fluff and lies. If you are here reading this and you are not working for this company yet, please, please runnnnnn! I am here reading everyone else's cry and I should kick myself because I should have done this research prior to accepting my position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

based on guilt, and showing my credentials