Charter Schools USA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.0

Assistant Principal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charter Schools USA (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was given a phone screening that was scheduled on a day and time of my choice. They were very accommodating. The person who conducted the phone screening was very kind and professional. The screening was recorded and the process was explained throughout the screen. There were many questions asked about my knowledge and skills to go the job I applied for. At the end of the screening I was giving the opportunity to ask questions. The was a very conformable process.

Interview Questions

• Name a researcher that has influenced on your thinking.   1 Answer

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charter Schools USA (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Consisted in a phone call from a previous agency interview. I've been contacted by the HR and the interview took about 2 minutes because I insisted in some things. The most humiliating interviews I ever made. She just want to know my previous salary and insisted until got her information. At the moment that i said she simply sad that she won't move forward with me. Absolutely disgusting.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charter Schools USA (Hesperia, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted interview online through edjoin. Waited two weeks for response from principal. Was given interview on campus. Was offered job one week later. Was notified by current employee it is difficult for school to hold onto substitute employees because they want to be hired full time after they received their credential. It is even more difficult to hold onto full time teachers because once they recedive experience at the charter school level they leave to the school district for more money.

Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charter Schools USA.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview and each person asked a question about my experience. It was not a difficult process. They asked what you would do in certain situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Elementary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charter Schools USA in July 2014.

Interview

I was pleased as the interview began, however a bit rush, combined with fluff. I, an experienced educator, was floored when I heard what my salary was going to be like. The administrators who interviewed me where trying to convinced me to take the position due to "kids first" and how he knew my heart was for the kids....blah, blah, blah....I regardless of my red flags took the position. I was blinded by all the great innovations at this particular school.
    Now that I am teaching there, am and the rest of my colleagues are able to see the REAL face of this corporation. I and the rest of my wonderful friends are working our tails off, for less. And yes we love our students, however we need to be compensated with more, or least match what our demands are!!!
    These demands were not discussed in my interview because it was hidden behind the fluff and lies.
    If you are here reading this and you are not working for this company yet, please, please runnnnnn! I am here reading everyone else's cry and I should kick myself because I should have done this research prior to accepting my position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

based on guilt, and showing my credentials

Elementary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Charter Schools USA in July 2014.

Interview

Waited almost 2 hours for interview. Mine took 10 minutes. Very nice principal. Referred me for 2nd interview. I was given 1 hour notice. I get there and the interviewer had left with no warning.

Too unorganized.

4th Grade Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Charter Schools USA (North Lauderdale, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

First it a phone call to set it up and then i got there I was interviewed by the guidance counselor and another teacher whom i substituted for. So they asked me preselected questions for new teachers even though i only substituted before but it was really nice that they let me interview for the postion even though I don't have my K-6 license.

Interview Questions

• What is a typical day or lesson plan would look like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Teacher Interview

Interview

Went through a few rounds of interviews. They were all pleasant and not too formal or scary. The principal was nice and asked questions relevant to the position; nothing out of line or impertinent. The entire process took about four weeks for an offer to be made. The process is definitely much easier than the Broward County School District (lots of beaurocracy, paper-work, and interviews.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Charter Schools USA (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

They called me up after I submitted an online application, went in for an interview and was able to secure the postion.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a classroom?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charter Schools USA.

Interview

This one day interview was set up like a career fair. You interview with a number of people. I interviewed with about 5 total. Expect to be there for about 3 hours. Most questions dealt with management and differentiation. Some candidates had to perform classroom lessons in front of live students for a half hour. Others were hired on the spot without having to do this. They asked what grade I wanted to teach and a contract was printed of the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why should I pick you over the other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. You were put in a room by yourself with the contract. Later, someone came in and asked if you signed it. You are an at will employee, so you can leave or be dismissed at any time, without reason.