Chartered Semiconductor

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Chartered Semiconductor in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was on a conference call and the recruiting manager's tone was very low and so I had a lot of difficulty understanding him. The HR seemed to ask more questions than the recruiting manager. Overall, the interview was not very technical, as I was asked to tell them about myself and later on was asked on familiarity with certain technology, upon which I mentioned I do possess it and that I was willing to learn on the job. The HR did ask me questions on citizenship, advance notice required to submit to company before leaving my current job, no: of family members, salary expectatation etc.

Interview Question – I dont't think I came across any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Chartered Semiconductor in February 2010.

Interview Details – Background review, technical communication, offer, what is your hobby and interest in daily life, what is your impression upon Singapore and Singapore life, what is your achievement made in your current position and in the past, what is your expectation upon your new position and corporation, do you have friend in our company, do you have any comment or question upon the interview

Interview Question – Purpose to join,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Process Integration Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chartered Semiconductor.

Interview Details – MOSFET Process Flow. short channel effects. How to solve hypothetical yield issue.

Interview Question – DIBL / GIDL , Halo Doping / LDD etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation opportunity. Take it or leave it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Chartered Semiconductor in July 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewer asked about my previous projects

Interview Question – How I handle stress and conflict   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation done as salary is fixed for entry level

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chartered Semiconductor in December 2010.

Interview Details – The boss who interview me is highly technical.

Interview Questions

Engineering Interview

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Chartered Semiconductor in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was at the College Recruitment fair, managed to get an interview with the HR.

The guy managed to turn my greatest strengths into my greatest weakness and the scary part was him asking me to present a topic I was most comfortable with, somewhat different from the technical interviews I expected.

Interview Question – Please present the technical module you feel you BEST understand. The strongest module   Answer Question

Worked for Chartered Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!