Chartered Semiconductor

Updated May 25, 2014
Updated May 25, 2014

2.8

Senior Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Chartered Semiconductor in September 2009.

The interview was on a conference call and the recruiting manager's tone was very low and so I had a lot of difficulty understanding him. The HR seemed to ask more questions than the recruiting manager. Overall, the interview was not very technical, as I was asked to tell them about myself and later on was asked on familiarity with certain technology, upon which I mentioned I do possess it and that I was willing to learn on the job. The HR did ask me questions on citizenship, advance notice required to submit to company before leaving my current job, no: of family members, salary expectatation etc.

Interview Questions
    • I dont't think I came across any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Chartered Semiconductor in February 2010.

Background review, technical communication, offer, what is your hobby and interest in daily life, what is your impression upon Singapore and Singapore life, what is your achievement made in your current position and in the past, what is your expectation upon your new position and corporation, do you have friend in our company, do you have any comment or question upon the interview

offer

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chartered Semiconductor.

MOSFET Process Flow. short channel effects. How to solve hypothetical yield issue.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation opportunity. Take it or leave it.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Chartered Semiconductor in July 2008.

Interviewer asked about my previous projects

Interview Questions
    No negotiation done as salary is fixed for entry level

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chartered Semiconductor in December 2010.

The boss who interview me is highly technical.

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Chartered Semiconductor in March 2010.

It was at the College Recruitment fair, managed to get an interview with the HR.

The guy managed to turn my greatest strengths into my greatest weakness and the scary part was him asking me to present a topic I was most comfortable with, somewhat different from the technical interviews I expected.

Interview Questions
    • Please present the technical module you feel you BEST understand. The strongest module   Answer Question

Worked for Chartered Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!