Chartis Insurance Company

Chartis Insurance Company Claims Representative Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in November 2011.

I received a call from HR within a few days after I applied online in order to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled that same week. I was told to bring a copy of my pay stub from my last employer.

I interviewed with one manager and one supervisor. They were downsizing from three floors to two floors. The supervisor said he was losing his office and given a cubicle to save space. They informed me that about 80% of the adjusters work from home and they come in once a week to the office so you share cubicles. Interview lasted one hour and consisted of mostly behavioral questions.

It has been one month after the interview and no response from them. I even sent a follow up email to HR but I never even got a response to see if I am still being considered as a candidate. I'm dissapointed that they don't at least notify candidates that they have elected somebody else. I also did not like to be lead on when the manager asked me what times I prefer to come in to work as if to suggest that he was planning on hiring me and wanted to know my prefered schedule. I also did not like providing personal pay stub information that is none of their business if I am not even being considered for hiring. They should request that after the fact, if needed.

The positive is that everyone was absolutely nice and low key. The Manager seemed like a nice guy and since this is a bail out company, I understand that some things may be above their control.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you had to deal with an angry claimant and what steps you took to resolve the issues.   Answer Question
  • If you noticed that another co-worker was not doing their job, what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chartis Insurance Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in June 2010.

I applied, then three weeks later I was emailed a letter asking for my ethnicity for EOE laws in California. I had declined to state my ethnicity when I applied.

So I later emailed my ethnic background to them as they requested and I was later denied an offer, (Of an interview). I find this very odd.

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in October 2011.

I applied online and received a call to schedule an interview after about 2 weeks. The interviewees(claims manager and claims director) asked the pretty standard questions. Mainly behavioral questions and a bit about my experience. They want to know how you handle difficult people and situations.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of when you had to deal with an angry individual and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Their offer was in-line with my experience so I did not negotiate.

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in January 2010.

I received a call from an HR Rep in there Southeastern Office and was asked if I had time to participate in a phone interview. I was asked a series of questions and was told to answer the best I could; although the HR Rep steered me in the right directions in terms of what kinds of answers/information they were looking for. I was told that I had passed the phone interview and that they would like to schedule me for a interview with someone at the local office. I received my 1 on 1 interview within a day. There were two people who interviewed me; they referred both to my resume and pre-written questions while conducting the 90 minute interview. A few weeks after my interview I received word my background check cleared, and was offered the position. The two people I did my face to face interview with were older but very nice and were very interested in my insurance degree. The office was small, but very close knit and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What is it about insurance that makes this position so attractive to you?   Answer Question
    • Of all the forms of communication; which do you like the best?   Answer Question

Worked for Chartis Insurance Company? Contribute to the Community!