Chartis Insurance Company

Updated Jun 17, 2014
Updated Jun 17, 2014

2.4

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in September 2012.

I was contacted by Head Hunter and then HR team. First several phone interview sessions went well: they were professional including both very technical and behavioral questions, which made me try further. However, after that, many happenings occurred. First, the hiring manager forgot calling me even after very careful confirmation work among me, HR and head hunter; second, the hiring manager called w/o making appointment when I was in a meeting to my current board member; w/o any apology, the HR/Head Hunter persuade me to have a on-site interview, which was a start of jokes....

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company.

Pretty simple process. Met with an HR/in house recruiter then met with 3 other guys.

Senior Trial Attorney Interview

One interview and it was a general getting to know you. No curveballs. Its a relaxed place and that was communicated at the interview

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company.

I interviewed with human resources and two financial managers. It was extremely difficult as long as you can be personable and interesting. Standard, basic interview questions. Managers were both very knowledgeable about the position and what they wanted out of it.

Accountant II Interview

I went on three interviews in one day. Pretty much told me as exiting that i will receive my offer within a day or two. Received an offer the next day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in February 2013.

one interview w 3 VPs, very laid back, top VP did most of the talking, warm and friendly

IT Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in December 2009.

The recruitment agency contacted me and explained the open positions. I applied and got interviewed by the human resources manager but the questions were somewhat towards salary expectations and not skills and experiences. The interviewer was interested about family background and family status. After the interview, i was told that they will schedule another interview with a panel.

Accountant I Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in March 2009.

manager was very laid back and did much of the talking, he hired based on instinct

Interview Questions
    • what kind of a person is considered successful   View Answer
    there was no negotiation because they offered the higher amount of the range.
    i would advise to negotiate even if that does happen.

Compliance Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in August 2009.

It took about 1 month to hear from the Chartis (used to be AIG) before my first interview with HR. I met with them first and then met the hiring manager. After that I came back a second day and met with three other team members and a manager from a related function. No one had any questions prepared and there was no process to the interviews. It was more of a chat about the job and about my background.

After that I heard nothing. I emailed the HR person two weeks laterand got a 3 word reply "Were still interviewing". Have heard nothing since.

I was not impressed with the company or the people who worked there. I come from an investemnet banking background and it was obvious that Chartis (ex AIG) is an also ran. Disorganised and unprofessional. Salary was also low and no bonus.

Interview Questions
    • Isn't this job much smaller than the one you used to have?   View Answer

Submission Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Olathe, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in May 2008.

no major questions were asked

Interview Questions

Worked for Chartis Insurance Company? Contribute to the Community!