Chartis Insurance Company

Chartis Insurance Company Interview Questions

2.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company.

Applied through college career website. Later received email from HR manager to schedule phone interview. Phone interview covered resume and time for me to ask questions. This interview was later followed up with a face-to-face interview with 3 poker-faced people. Standard behavioral questions plus some that tried to narrow down on future career interest. As an undergraduate, you typically do not have a very concrete career path in mind. A day later, was offered the job.

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in September 2012.

I was contacted by Head Hunter and then HR team. First several phone interview sessions went well: they were professional including both very technical and behavioral questions, which made me try further. However, after that, many happenings occurred. First, the hiring manager forgot calling me even after very careful confirmation work among me, HR and head hunter; second, the hiring manager called w/o making appointment when I was in a meeting to my current board member; w/o any apology, the HR/Head Hunter persuade me to have a on-site interview, which was a start of jokes....

Vice President, Business Analytics and Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in July 2012.

I completed online profile and submitted online application through the Chartis Careers website. I was contacted by a recruiting representative of the Chartis Talent Acquisition Team to schedule an initial telephone interview with a representative of the Human Resources team. The phone screening interview was very professionally conducted and focused on my experience and skills and why I thought I was a good fit for the position. Within a week I was scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager. The in person interview lasted one hour and represented a balanced discussion and included time for my questions. The hirng manager was very professional and provided excellent insights about the position and the culture. Although I did not get the position, I understand that an internal candidate was selected which speaks positively about the culture at Chartis and their preference to promote from within whenever possible.

Interview Questions
    • The position required thorough knowledge of data anaytics and reporting and the discussion around driving business performance through analytics was very engaging.   View Answer

Summer Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in March 2012.

Applied through my university's career resource website and received a call about 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice, asked me to tell her a little bit about myself, an event that really challenged me, and a time I worked with a group. She then asked me a case question which I was not expecting. You are the manager of a company, the owner says you aren't getting much revenues, what would you do to determine what is causing this? Overall, very nice interviewer, just wasn't expecting a case question. Was offered the job about a week later.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in January 2012.

Phone interview was very simple. Interviewed with 2 employees and they just asked questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think an actuary does?   Answer Question
    • What skills have you developed from extra curricular activities could you bring to Chartis?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in December 2011.

Good company to work for at this time cuz they are expanding. Overall, a good interview as they were all easy going and non judgmental. You would get the offer if you are most qualified for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the things you would do after you are give this role?   View Answer
    • what is a challenge that you faced in your most recent role?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in November 2011.

I received a call from HR within a few days after I applied online in order to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled that same week. I was told to bring a copy of my pay stub from my last employer.

I interviewed with one manager and one supervisor. They were downsizing from three floors to two floors. The supervisor said he was losing his office and given a cubicle to save space. They informed me that about 80% of the adjusters work from home and they come in once a week to the office so you share cubicles. Interview lasted one hour and consisted of mostly behavioral questions.

It has been one month after the interview and no response from them. I even sent a follow up email to HR but I never even got a response to see if I am still being considered as a candidate. I'm dissapointed that they don't at least notify candidates that they have elected somebody else. I also did not like to be lead on when the manager asked me what times I prefer to come in to work as if to suggest that he was planning on hiring me and wanted to know my prefered schedule. I also did not like providing personal pay stub information that is none of their business if I am not even being considered for hiring. They should request that after the fact, if needed.

The positive is that everyone was absolutely nice and low key. The Manager seemed like a nice guy and since this is a bail out company, I understand that some things may be above their control.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with an angry claimant and what steps you took to resolve the issues.   Answer Question
    • If you noticed that another co-worker was not doing their job, what would you do?   Answer Question

Actuarial Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in November 2011.

The interviews were very easy going and relaxed. One probability question.

Stratigic Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

behavior questions, discuss about the courses taken

Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in August 2011.

Resume was requested and then I had to fill out application on line. I was interviewed for 45 minutes by two managers. It went well but benefits not Sufficient to make the move.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a claim you handled that had coverage issues.   Answer Question

Not impressed with package