Chartis Insurance Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the national recruiter who was very personable. Two days later she scheduled a 1:1 with the hiring manager. There, I was asked about my background, what I'm looking for and was given more details on the company, the positions and what they're looking for. I also met with the other Marketing Specialist on the team for insight on day to day operations. Both women were very nice and easy to converse with.

Underwriting Intern Interview

Underwriting Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company.

Interview Details – Interviewed for the Underwriting Summer Internship for the Boston Office.

Applied through my college career website--was just a resume drop.

I was soon contacted afterwards that they wanted to have a phone interview. The phone interview was very relaxed and lasted about 30 minutes. First, the interviewer told me a bit of Chartis and the position. Then, they asked fit/behavioral questions, why Chartis, why the internship, resume-related questions and so on. You do not need any specific (work/academics) background to prepare for the interview.

Within a week or two (can't quite remember), I was invited for an on-site interview (did not cover travel expenses). I went to Boston, interviewed with 3 individuals--managers. They talked to me individually, explained Chartis and insurance world. Then they asked me questions ranging from my resume/experiences, my coursework, my personality. It was very laid back. No pressure.

Enjoy the interviews and just be yourself!

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company.

Interview Details – Applied through college career website. Later received email from HR manager to schedule phone interview. Phone interview covered resume and time for me to ask questions. This interview was later followed up with a face-to-face interview with 3 poker-faced people. Standard behavioral questions plus some that tried to narrow down on future career interest. As an undergraduate, you typically do not have a very concrete career path in mind. A day later, was offered the job.

Interview Question – What do you want to be in 10 years and why?   Answer Question

Vice President, Business Analytics and Reporting Interview

Vice President, Business Analytics and Reporting
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in July 2012.

Interview Details – I completed online profile and submitted online application through the Chartis Careers website. I was contacted by a recruiting representative of the Chartis Talent Acquisition Team to schedule an initial telephone interview with a representative of the Human Resources team. The phone screening interview was very professionally conducted and focused on my experience and skills and why I thought I was a good fit for the position. Within a week I was scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager. The in person interview lasted one hour and represented a balanced discussion and included time for my questions. The hirng manager was very professional and provided excellent insights about the position and the culture. Although I did not get the position, I understand that an internal candidate was selected which speaks positively about the culture at Chartis and their preference to promote from within whenever possible.

Interview Question – The position required thorough knowledge of data anaytics and reporting and the discussion around driving business performance through analytics was very engaging.   View Answer

Accounting Manager Interview

Accounting Manager
Berkeley Heights, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with hr, two in person interviews with comptroller and cfo

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Almost no negotiation available

Insurance Interview

Insurance
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in January 2010.

Interview Details – Standard interview questions, smooth and quick process, offer made within a few days of interview, interview in NY

Interview Question – The behavioral questions to determine multiple mistakes made in my past career and how I had learned from them were the most difficult since the interviewer wanted multiple examples. I was difficult to think of multiple examples.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Program Interview

Summer Internship Program
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through my university's career resource website and received a call about 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice, asked me to tell her a little bit about myself, an event that really challenged me, and a time I worked with a group. She then asked me a case question which I was not expecting. You are the manager of a company, the owner says you aren't getting much revenues, what would you do to determine what is causing this? Overall, very nice interviewer, just wasn't expecting a case question. Was offered the job about a week later.

Interview Question – Describe an event that was challenging for you   Answer Question

Stratigic Risk Analyst Interview

Stratigic Risk Analyst
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in November 2011.

Interview Details – behavior questions, discuss about the courses taken

Interview Question – describe statistics course you've taken   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Actuarial Intern
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview was very simple. Interviewed with 2 employees and they just asked questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in December 2011.

Interview Details – Good company to work for at this time cuz they are expanding. Overall, a good interview as they were all easy going and non judgmental. You would get the offer if you are most qualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the things you would do after you are give this role?   View Answer
  • what is a challenge that you faced in your most recent role?   Answer Question