Chartis Insurance Company

Chartis Insurance Company Interview Questions

2.4

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in February 2011.

Very fast and efficient. I received a call for an interview within about a week of applying. Interviewers were very professional and informative about what they're looking for with respect to the position and the direction of the department.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Questions revolve around background and what can you bring to the company.   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in September 2010.

Phone interview with hr, two in person interviews with comptroller and cfo

Almost no negotiation available

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in July 2010.

Professional operation from top to bottom. Contacted by an in-house HR recruiter, interviewed with him and then with the divisional head into which the job reported. All was respectful, prompt and genial. Definitely a rigid corporate culture but seemingly humane as well.

Interview Questions
    • Simple inquiries into experience, particularly as related to the compliance field.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in June 2010.

I applied, then three weeks later I was emailed a letter asking for my ethnicity for EOE laws in California. I had declined to state my ethnicity when I applied.

So I later emailed my ethnic background to them as they requested and I was later denied an offer, (Of an interview). I find this very odd.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in May 2010.

It was easy because the manager didn't now anything about the industry

Very easy to negotiate

Insurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in January 2010.

Standard interview questions, smooth and quick process, offer made within a few days of interview, interview in NY

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral questions to determine multiple mistakes made in my past career and how I had learned from them were the most difficult since the interviewer wanted multiple examples. I was difficult to think of multiple examples.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in November 2009.

The interview process was fairly simple and easy. Got a phone interview and it was all just behavioral questions. During the 2nd round, there were about 12 people and we all split up to have our respective individual interviews. The interviews were all easygoing, but that's why I think everyone did well.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult experience you had and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Compliance Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in August 2009.

It took about 1 month to hear from the Chartis (used to be AIG) before my first interview with HR. I met with them first and then met the hiring manager. After that I came back a second day and met with three other team members and a manager from a related function. No one had any questions prepared and there was no process to the interviews. It was more of a chat about the job and about my background.

After that I heard nothing. I emailed the HR person two weeks laterand got a 3 word reply "Were still interviewing". Have heard nothing since.

I was not impressed with the company or the people who worked there. I come from an investemnet banking background and it was obvious that Chartis (ex AIG) is an also ran. Disorganised and unprofessional. Salary was also low and no bonus.

Interview Questions
    • Isn't this job much smaller than the one you used to have?   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in April 2009.

The company HR responded to my application on their website. I was called in for the interview. I was interviewed by all the members of the team(Team size was 4). They had interviewed several people, both internal and external. Internal people have preference over the external. I was an external candidate. But I guess my experience which had variety and length of the experience and was critical in my selection.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most challening assignment you failed to deliver?   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in March 2009.

there were three interviewers each targeting a different skill set and from different levels of organization. The head of the department mainly focused on providing information around group activities and work at the company and his experiences. The hiring manager was mainly interested in getting an idea of my background and previous experience and technical skill sets.