Chartis Insurance Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was easy because the manager didn't now anything about the industry

Interview Question – There were no hard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy to negotiate

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in November 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from HR within a few days after I applied online in order to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled that same week. I was told to bring a copy of my pay stub from my last employer.

I interviewed with one manager and one supervisor. They were downsizing from three floors to two floors. The supervisor said he was losing his office and given a cubicle to save space. They informed me that about 80% of the adjusters work from home and they come in once a week to the office so you share cubicles. Interview lasted one hour and consisted of mostly behavioral questions.

It has been one month after the interview and no response from them. I even sent a follow up email to HR but I never even got a response to see if I am still being considered as a candidate. I'm dissapointed that they don't at least notify candidates that they have elected somebody else. I also did not like to be lead on when the manager asked me what times I prefer to come in to work as if to suggest that he was planning on hiring me and wanted to know my prefered schedule. I also did not like providing personal pay stub information that is none of their business if I am not even being considered for hiring. They should request that after the fact, if needed.

The positive is that everyone was absolutely nice and low key. The Manager seemed like a nice guy and since this is a bail out company, I understand that some things may be above their control.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with an angry claimant and what steps you took to resolve the issues.   Answer Question
  • If you noticed that another co-worker was not doing their job, what would you do?   Answer Question

Actuarial Internship Interview

Actuarial Internship
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interviews were very easy going and relaxed. One probability question.

Interview Question – What is the best advice someone has ever given you?   Answer Question

Adjuster Interview

Adjuster
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in August 2011.

Interview Details – Resume was requested and then I had to fill out application on line. I was interviewed for 45 minutes by two managers. It went well but benefits not Sufficient to make the move.

Interview Question – Tell us about a claim you handled that had coverage issues.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not impressed with package

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in March 2009.

Interview Details – there were three interviewers each targeting a different skill set and from different levels of organization. The head of the department mainly focused on providing information around group activities and work at the company and his experiences. The hiring manager was mainly interested in getting an idea of my background and previous experience and technical skill sets.

Interview Question – Why did you leave previous job   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in June 2011.

Interview Details – three 1:1, each lasts 30min

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – other offer

Finance Interview

Finance
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in September 2008.

Interview Details – Quick sit down with job expectations talked of.

Interview Question – future plans   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, take it or leave it offer

Submission Specialist Interview

Submission Specialist
Olathe, KS

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in May 2008.

Interview Details – no major questions were asked

Interview Questions

Compliance Interview

Compliance
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in July 2010.

Interview Details – Professional operation from top to bottom. Contacted by an in-house HR recruiter, interviewed with him and then with the divisional head into which the job reported. All was respectful, prompt and genial. Definitely a rigid corporate culture but seemingly humane as well.

Interview Question – Simple inquiries into experience, particularly as related to the compliance field.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied, then three weeks later I was emailed a letter asking for my ethnicity for EOE laws in California. I had declined to state my ethnicity when I applied.

So I later emailed my ethnic background to them as they requested and I was later denied an offer, (Of an interview). I find this very odd.